ADVERTISEMENT

North Augusta vs River Bluff

Should be a good game. Good chance winner makes playoffs and looser stays home.

Gunslinger sure is singing a different tone after Friday. I still think NA gets a win here. It will be UGLY, but a win.

Originally posted by BallCoach17:
Gunslinger sure is singing a different tone after Friday. I still think NA gets a win here. It will be UGLY, but a win.
BallCoach17, just accepting the reality of the situation. NA offense just can't seem to get it in the groove. I hope you are right about this game, but RB is not looking bad in their first year. I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss anytime! About seven more ugly wins will suit me! NA defense will at least keep it close and give NA a chance. NA offense only returned two starters from last year and offensive production is about a third of what it has been in recent years. One thing is for certain in high school ball you have to play with the cards dealt you and hope for the best!

Originally posted by GridironGunslinger:

Originally posted by BallCoach17:
BallCoach17, just accepting the reality of the situation. NA offense just can't seem to get it in the groove. I hope you are right about this game, but RB is not looking bad in their first year. I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss anytime! About seven more ugly wins will suit me! NA defense will at least keep it close and give NA a chance. NA offense only returned two starters from last year and offensive production is about a third of what it has been in recent years. One thing is for certain in high school ball you have to play with the cards dealt you and hope for the best!
David Bennett has done a fantastic job with that school as a "start up" program. They have played very well, this year. They've got a great staff and those kids are well coached. If you ask me, they have actually overachieved this year and that is a direct result of the strength and conditioning program under the direction of Mike Armstrong and the coaching from the solid staff that Coach Bennett has put together.

Inexcusable loss for NA. Pippin would have won this game by 3 TDs. River Bluff lost to Crescent for goodness sakes. CRESCENT!

This post was edited on 10/24 11:00 PM by I20HWY

There is no doubt Pippin is a very good coach, but to say he would have won by three touchdowns is a stretch. I don't think NA's struggles this year can be attributed to coaching. The problem with NA is talent, poor execution, blocking, boneheaded penalties, and turnovers. NA is like a heart patient with five blocked arteries. NA lost 9 starters on offense and the players that had to step up are just not talented enough to fill the shoes of those that graduated. NA blew a 17-3 halftime lead. The way NA let the River Bluff game get away from them wasn't poor coaching. Every second half offensive drive for NA was stalled by a penalty or turnover. As JB has said NA is SLOPPY!

Congrats to River Bluff!

This post was edited on 10/25 7:22 AM by GridironGunslinger

This post was edited on 10/25 7:38 AM by GridironGunslinger

Pippin wouldn't have beaten RB by three TDs. Always easy to blame the coaches, but you don't lose the number of starters NA lost and be as well oiled a machine as one was previously. NA can run the ball, to the left. Their quarterback play leaves a lot to be desired. So they are a bit hamstrung offensively. River Bluff may just have been the better team. They spent the better part of the first half shooting themselves in the foot. Like that little 10 pt swing just before halftime. In the first half it just seemed to take RB a while to get up to speed. Maybe an emotional hangover from the Lexington game. NA won the first half. RB won the second. And RBS defense was lights out pretty much all night. But Thomas inherited an inexperienced team. There is talent in the pipeline, and he knows what he is doing. Everything will be fine in due time at NA.

Originally posted by Mox94:
Pippin wouldn't have beaten RB by three TDs. Always easy to blame the coaches, but you don't lose the number of starters NA lost and be as well oiled a machine as one was previously. NA can run the ball, to the left. Their quarterback play leaves a lot to be desired. So they are a bit hamstrung offensively. River Bluff may just have been the better team. They spent the better part of the first half shooting themselves in the foot. Like that little 10 pt swing just before halftime. In the first half it just seemed to take RB a while to get up to speed. Maybe an emotional hangover from the Lexington game. NA won the first half. RB won the second. And RBS defense was lights out pretty much all night. But Thomas inherited an inexperienced team. There is talent in the pipeline, and he knows what he is doing. Everything will be fine in due time at NA.
Mox94 the only thing that is "hamstrung" are your points about the NA program.

I agree coaching is not the issue at NA. Its basically the same staff that was there under Pippin. Thomas is a good HC and yes he knows what he is doing. The OC is the same OC that had NA averaging over 40 pts per game over the last few seasons. They are very similar offense wise as they were under Pippin with a few different wrinkles. NA only returned one starter on the O Line. Last years O Line was solid with one at Ga Tech and a couple others playing college ball now. All four receivers from last year are now in college ball. They were very good and the guys this year have had to fill some big shoes. You say NA can run the ball to the left. That is a really strange statement. NA has struggled running the ball to the left and right! NA is solid at RB with two guys that run hard, but NA has struggled just as much running the ball as they have throwing it this year. You say the QB play leaves a lot to be desired. He's the same All Region QB that has started the last 3 years for NA with great results during that time frame. There is no doubt that losing 9 starters off of last years offense has been a factor that has impacted NA. They have gone from a 40 pts per game avg to a 20 pts per game avg. The reality is that the NA offense is just not as talented overall as in recent seasons. That happens in high school ball. You have to play with the cards dealt you from year to year. Great players come and go.

It is funny that everyone is all upset as if we are 2-7 instead of 7-2. Most programs would be very pleased to be 7-2 at this point in the season. People have gotten all bent out of shape about how things have gone so far this season because the offense is not blowing a fuse in the scoreboard.

As if the NA program is in some kind of mess, Mox94 says "everything will be fine in due time at NA". Mox94 we are 7-2. Yes we have hit a couple of bumps but everything is STILL FINE at NA!

Congratulations to River Bluff!

This post was edited on 10/27 7:58 AM by cock of the walk

Not sure what about my points were so confusing for you. Evidently you failed to realize that I didn't criticize the coaching, and recognized the talent lost off of last year's team. Especially in the first half, you did run the ball successfully off of that big left tackle. As far as the QB. Didn't known he was all- region last year. I suppose maybe he just had a bad night as a difference maker last night, and we will just have differing opinions.

Originally posted by Mox94:
Not sure what about my points were so confusing for you. Evidently you failed to realize that I didn't criticize the coaching, and recognized the talent lost off of last year's team. Especially in the first half, you did run the ball successfully off of that big left tackle. As far as the QB. Didn't known he was all- region last year. I suppose maybe he just had a bad night as a difference maker last night, and we will just have differing opinions.
A bad night as a difference maker? 14-22 124 yards 1 TD, plus 1 TD rushing. Not a spectacular night but he did his job. The NA QB has been a difference maker for 3 years. Over 6,000 yards passing, 70 TD's. Most people would say that's a difference maker! For someone who knows so much about the talent in the pipeline at NA, maybe you should learn a little about the talent that has already been there.

This was an above average night for him this year. On the year, he hasn't played very well. The coaches have had to check his attitude a couple of times also.

Originally posted by naugustacock:
This was an above average night for him this year. On the year, he hasn't played very well. The coaches have had to check his attitude a couple of times also.
Wow! On the year he hasn't played very well? Your whole point is totally inaccurate! So you come on this forum and decide to bash a kid that has had a lot to do with NA's success over the last three years. You need a dose of reality! My only response to this load of crap is that anyone who knows anything about football and has been closely following NA football knows why the NA QB is not realizing the production of his Soph and Junior seasons. I probably should just lay it all out but that would serve absolutely no constructive purpose. If you think the QB is the reason NA is struggling on offense you have the football IQ of a moron. Just put it this way, Peyton Manning would struggle under the conditions this kid has had to play under this season. As far as attitude problems I challenge you to check with the coaches about that issue. They will set you straight about that also!

It is a pathetic person who would bash a high school kid in the way you have. By the way I just deleted what I really think of you!

Originally posted by GridironGunslinger:

Wow! On the year he hasn't played very well? Your whole point is totally inaccurate! So you come on this forum and decide to bash a kid that has had a lot to do with NA's success over the last three years. You need a dose of reality! My only response to this load of crap is that anyone who knows anything about football and has been closely following NA football knows why the NA QB is not realizing the production of his Soph and Junior seasons. I probably should just lay it all out but that would serve absolutely no constructive purpose. If you think the QB is the reason NA is struggling on offense you have the football IQ of a moron. Just put it this way, Peyton Manning would struggle under the conditions this kid has had to play under this season. As far as attitude problems I challenge you to check with the coaches about that issue. They will set you straight about that also!

It is a pathetic person who would bash a high school kid in the way you have. By the way I just deleted what I really think of you!
Well said Gunslinger! Why someone would make inaccurate comments like that with no basis in reality and truth is beyond me. You are right that their are reasons why NA is struggling on offense other than QB play. It won't accomplish anything positive for the NA football program to hash it out on this forum among a bunch of old football junkies.

On a positive note the River Bluff football team was very impressive! They played hard and most important they played mistake free football. Their facilities aren't bad either! They will be a force to reckon with for years to come!

This post was edited on 10/27 8:11 AM by cock of the walk

This post was edited on 10/27 8:27 AM by cock of the walk

As far as the attitude goes, I guess I just imagined him being suspended for the Ridge view game and getting pulled for a couple of series in the White Knoll game for throwing a tantrum. Yes, he has been great in the past, but that was last year.
This year has left alot to be desired. I would venture to say that the freshman on the JV team might even be a better option because he can move alot better and has almost as good an arm already.

As far as the attitude goes, I guess I just imagined him being suspended for the Ridge view game and getting pulled for a couple of series in the White Knoll game for throwing a tantrum. Yes, he has been great in the past, but that was last year.
This year has left alot to be desired. I would venture to say that the freshman on the JV team might even be a better option because he can move alot better and has almost as good an arm already.naugustacock you are coming across as someone who has some sort of agenda and your comments are uncalled for. Whatever your agenda is you should be ashamed of yourself. Does it make you feel better to attack a high school kid behind an anonymous screen name? As a matter of fact a person who would attack a kid has issues. There is no place for comments like yours about a high school kid on a website dedicated to high school football! The issues you feel compelled to mention are much to do about nothing and anyone that cares about NA football knows that.

You like throwing out the word attacked as if the QB has been beaten. I have critiqued his game and public attitude, nothing more. That is what comes with the job of being a QB. Get over it and join us here in reality.

You like throwing out the word attacked as if the QB has been beaten. I have critiqued his game and public attitude, nothing more. That is what comes with the job of being a QB. Get over it and join us here in reality.
Join us in reality? Who is us? You and whoever us is are the ones needing a big dose of REALITY. Any person who follows NA football knows what the problem is this year as to why the NA offense is only realizing about a third of the production that it has enjoyed in recent years. The problem is not the QB.. You and us line up at QB this year and see how it goes for you. As I tried to politely say in an earlier post without being so blunt and straightforward Peyton Manning himself would struggle in the NA offense this year! As has been said more than once by someone else on this site NA is SLOPPY! NA is having a very hard time playing fundamentally sound mistake free football on the offensive side of the ball! I will say it one more time FUNDAMENTAL MISTAKE FREE FOOTBALL!

Trying to figure out your motivation for bashing the QB I looked back over any posts concerning NA and there was very little if any mention of the QB until you decided to jump on him like a rabid dog. If you dislike the kid ok, but your laying the blame for NA's struggles on him is why you are the one out of touch with reality! It is obvious you have no football sense and are only making a groundless critique that is only motivated by your personal desire to bash the kid.

This ongoing argument serves no positive purpose for NA football, but as a long term fan that has closely followed NA for many years I am not going to just allow someone to make inaccurate statements that are directed specifically at a NA player that has been one of the main reasons for NA' success in recent years including this years 7-2 team.

I will not respond to you any further because your argument is mean spirited, uninformed, and baseless!

This post was edited on 10/28 5:19 PM by GridironGunslinger

Now you've done it. The gunslinger is ready to fight.
mrwrestling2.jpg

Well I'll be dang, the old masked avenger has finally showed up! I figured it wouldn't be long before you put your two cents worth into this little pissin contest. I tell you I'm not interested in fighting with you boys. As a matter of fact I'm going to run, because a guy from NA that likes the cocks and some guy that runs around with a speedo on wearing a mask gives me the heebie jeebies!

ADVERTISEMENT