ADVERTISEMENT

North/South Results and Stories

hylnder133

Two Year Starter
Jan 12, 2004
Friday results are up on SCmat and I am sure the Saturday results will be up soon.

For anyone that did not get to come you missed out on some great wrestling!

Friday night
Marvin Galette went up big on Knipper but the state champ battled back with a 3 TD's in the third to pick up the win
Gary was in control over Palmer until Gary's inside trip was stone walled by Palmer...Palmer picked up 5 points and controlled the match after that
Zac Mor is fun to watch no matter what!!! Losing big to Schultz and then...throw/pin. Like watching Dylan Ness!
I was impressed by Tom Murphy...have not really seen him wrestle much

Saturday was everything it lived up to be for the championship

3A/2A North beats 3A/2A South on a late push by Sheehy, Dixon, Cervenka and Blackmon! Javier Moreno scored more points by himself than 4 of his own team mates combined and the boys from Berkley scored more than half of the points for the south. In the end the North wins 42-36

4A/1A South jumped out to the lead with 3 wins. 4A/1A North picks up big wins with a Jake Strong pin and the Mangum's grind out major dec. The south put together 3 more wins from Mota, Deveaux and stick by Collins. Then the north started their push back wins by Witherspoon, Schultz and Crocker got them close...Rudy picked up a big pin...English and Conrad pick 1 point wins and Sullivan of Hillcrest with a big throw and pin put the North up by 4 with one match to go...Tyre Wright and Mike Stone (who lost first match in OT to Whitney) just dogging each other into the third...6-0 Wright with less than a minute to go...Wright locks up the cradle...PIN and the gym goes bananas!!!!

Such a great week with these young men. I wish them all the best of luck in the future.

Only complaint was the guy working the clock/scoreboard on mat 1???

Please share you stories...unless they have anything to do with the bus drivers, announcer or the small blond child that appeared to be homeless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT