ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern Open

That going to be interesting to see what they do. All kinds of thoughts right now. That is a dream job of any up and coming coach and for a whole lot of established coaches. Nothing would surprise me on that hire and I mean nothing.

Rumor has it that Spurrier Tannyhill is the next guy in line... or was that Spann Turnerhill. No...it was a guy from North Carolina...wait, sorry...wrong job. My mistake.

I figure they will hire from within, that's how it's been the last two hires.. The staff there at NW is huge and includes 2 former high school HC.

James Martin from South Meck a big key to their recent defensive success.

Should be interesting.

I believe she will be part of the committee.. I live in York, Sc but have heard nothing but great things about Mrs West, and I think NWs entire athletics program speaks for her.

For the kids sake I Just hope it's not a soap opera like Berkley

I wouldn't worry about the AD. It's evident by the success of the programs that she has a decent read on what's going on. Id be a little concerned if the super were involved though. Not a lot of love for athletics there.

Heard they are interviewing coaches off of the staff this week, then outsiders next week.

Moose has already made a public statement that he's not applying for the job. IMO I think his style of football is long gone in the York County area. If you can't score 40 points a game you won't beat NW or the likes of South Point and even NAFO who is on a rise

His style won a state championship then gave the keys to Richardson. So yes- he can win in York county or ANY county!

Heard they are interviewing coaches off of the staff this week, then outsiders next week.

Moose has already made a public statement that he's not applying for the job. IMO I think his style of football is long gone in the York County area. If you can't score 40 points a game you won't beat NW or the likes of South Point and even NAFO who is on a rise

That post wasn't downing Wallace, I played for him in early 2000s. I have much respect for him and his legacy.

All I'm saying is defensive minded coaches/teams are falling behind in York County. And that might not be the case everywhere, but you gotta be able to score points around here. I'm a Cougar fan and even in our state title run year, Kyle Richardsons NW team still hung 40+ on us during their "down year".

Just relaying his own words

“It’s a fact of life that the old guys move over, the young guys move up,” he said earlier this week.

Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article70281012.html#storylink=cpy

That post wasn't downing Wallace, I played for him in early 2000s. I have much respect for him and his legacy.

All I'm saying is defensive minded coaches/teams are falling behind in York County. And that might not be the case everywhere, but you gotta be able to score points around here. I'm a Cougar fan and even in our state title run year, Kyle Richardsons NW team still hung 40+ on us during their "down year".

“It’s a fact of life that the old guys move over, the young guys move up,” he said earlier this week.

Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article70281012.html#storylink=cpy

I LOVE when people cite sources.... nice job.

:cool:

Early 2000? Did you play with Ben Watson, Keon Heath, Joe Hamilton, The LB's- Donta, Will and Dexter?

Early 2000? Did you play with Ben Watson, Keon Heath, Joe Hamilton, The LB's- Donta, Will and Dexter?
The job at Northwestern has been removed from the Rock Hill School Dist. web site as of this morning. I am sure the new coach will be named soon, any names.

Great hire! Been there through the good and bad years of the program. I have no doubt that he will continue the greatness of that program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT