ADVERTISEMENT

Ok. Really back this time.

JB_a_Rivals

Varsity All American
May 7, 2003
Guys, if you don't follow me on Facebook then you probably don't even know this; this past week has been the toughest of my life. As you know I lost my mom last Thursday after a long, grueling illness. I decided to get out of the house on Saturday and take in a scrimmage and went to watch Lexington and Dorman; I chose that game because my son is coaching at Lexington. It was good to be back at a football field.

However, Sunday morning came, the day of my mother's funeral. As I awoke to write the Eulogy, which I was to deliver at her service, I received a message that my 24 year old nephew had taken his life three hours earlier. This was a young man that was raised in my home with my boys until he was school age. In addition to preparing for my mother's funeral I also had to be the one to drive to Dylan's father's home (no one could reach him) and be the bearer of the news.

Regardless of how long you think you have to prepare for the loss of a loved one, dealing with my mom's death was difficult. But piling the death of a young one taken too early on top of that and you can imagine that I've not even had time to grieve properly for my own mother.

During the memorial service today for Dylan, I decided that I was going to get back to the football field. I know it sounds odd to insert myself back into the chaos of football season at a time like this but to be honest with you I need the normalcy in my life. It's familiar to me and takes my mind off of the terrible events of the previous 8 days.

I will do some write ups on the jamborees from this weekend and I will get the 3A,2A, and 1A predictions up, as well. If all goes as planned in my head, we'll start game previews and the normal content this coming week, starting with the Top Ten Polls on Monday.

I appreciate the kind words and understanding from those I've heard from. Lets play some football now!

If you are a praying man or woman, please keep the family in your prayers. Dylan Rabon was my nephew's name and his brother and sisters and my sons are going to struggle for some peace and understanding with this because, quite frankly, there are no answers I can give them.

Guys, if you don't follow me on Facebook then you probably don't even know this; this past week has been the toughest of my life. As you know I lost my mom last Thursday after a long, grueling illness. I decided to get out of the house on Saturday and take in a scrimmage and went to watch Lexington and Dorman; I chose that game because my son is coaching at Lexington. It was good to be back at a football field.

However, Sunday morning came, the day of my mother's funeral. As I awoke to write the Eulogy, which I was to deliver at her service, I received a message that my 24 year old nephew had taken his life three hours earlier. This was a young man that was raised in my home with my boys until he was school age. In addition to preparing for my mother's funeral I also had to be the one to drive to Dylan's father's home (no one could reach him) and be the bearer of the news.

Regardless of how long you think you have to prepare for the loss of a loved one, dealing with my mom's death was difficult. But piling the death of a young one taken too early on top of that and you can imagine that I've not even had time to grieve properly for my own mother.

During the memorial service today for Dylan, I decided that I was going to get back to the football field. I know it sounds odd to insert myself back into the chaos of football season at a time like this but to be honest with you I need the normalcy in my life. It's familiar to me and takes my mind off of the terrible events of the previous 8 days.

I will do some write ups on the jamborees from this weekend and I will get the 3A,2A, and 1A predictions up, as well. If all goes as planned in my head, we'll start game previews and the normal content this coming week, starting with the Top Ten Polls on Monday.

I appreciate the kind words and understanding from those I've heard from. Lets play some football now!

If you are a praying man or woman, please keep the family in your prayers. Dylan Rabon was my nephew's name and his brother and sisters and my sons are going to struggle for some peace and understanding with this because, quite frankly, there are no answers I can give them.

JB....all I can say is you are in my prayers brother. Hang in there.

I am so sorry that your hit with all this JB. I can't even imagine how you must feel right now. Take all the time you need brother, we all love you and praying for you.

The measure of man is now how often he is laid low, but by the number of times he stands up. Get on your feet, JB. God ain't done.

You have my prayers for you and your entire family.

:)

At some point you would think JB would say damn, I messed up big time and I am short changing my clients. You would think he would man up and at least acknowledge his errors.

It's not like this is the first year I've asked him about this same topic, so all of you who think I am wrong for this can kiss where the sun don't shine.

I actually apologize when I think I've done or said something to offend someone. I don't avoid the issue like nothing is wrong. To be honest, I'm saying what a lot of you are thinking, but to cautious to speak truth...this is 100% garbage and everyone knows it.
I understand what he has been dealing with but I'm also disappointed in the lack of material / information with the season starting Friday.

Reactions: STREBEL72
First of all when you are going through what JB has gone through high school football evaluations is not priority his family is. I have dealt with this situation in my own life and find it highly offensive that some of us can't see the big picture of what a persons mental state of mind dives to in a time like this. Show a little compassion and understanding and let JB grieve this through.

Trust me, I understand what you are saying as well, but it doesn't make it right...I was extremely sympathetic at first, but he pulled this same thing last year when he wasn't going through then...when I brought that thread back, it magically got deleted....that's what has me even more pissed off

I know what you are saying but we all handle grieving our way. It's tough.

I don't know you, but I do respect your position on this. I will not post anything else in regards to this again....I hear you load and clear

So this thread was posted Friday night and here it is Wednesday afternoon and still nothing on 3A and smaller schools yet. No breakdown of regions, that was promised weeks ago when you started the 5A and 4A breakdowns...No rankings...Nothing...
Fact: There is more in life than football. I love football as much as anyone, but it is not my primary priority in life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT