ADVERTISEMENT

ORTRE SMITH

Smith would be top ten in the state. The other isn't in the top 5 in the lower state. You have the Two WR's out of Hilton head, WR from Ft. D, WR from Bluffton, Smith at Wando, plus a few others in the lower state that are good So in my opinion only Smith would be in the top ten, not the other kid who has yet to have a break out year at summerville.

As a Biased Summerville Fan, I would have to disagree lol! Seriously though, I wanted to check a few things before I responded. Burnette had more receptions and receiving yards than atleast 2 of your top 5 this season, and that's with missing 3 games due to injury. He also had more receptions and yards than all of them except 1 their Sophomore years, including Smith. Now that's not to say he is better than Smith, because in my opinion Smith is the top receiver prospect in the state, but that's how they stack up numbers wise. I also think that anyone who has seen him outside of the dysfunction which is Summerville, like at camps etc, would tell you he stacks up as well as anyone in the state. At the EPT SC Showcase which had all the top skill players in the state, including most everyone on your list, I'm pretty sure Smith and Burnette were the only 2 lower state receivers that were awarded a top ten spot. The Summerville dysfunction with coaches, and a lack of a consistent QB has not helped his cause at all. The bottom line is in my opinion all these kids are good players, but I have to disagree with the order you put them in.

Smith will be at his new high school for passing league this summer so until then its Fort and Summerville. Family reasons are the reason for the move. Summerville was tossed into the mix to not make it look so obvious!

Cam is great kid, hard worker good player, but I often wonder if he will ever live up to the hype which I also consider to be unfair to him. Sports Illustrated as a young Sertoma player; merit does not get you published in SI playing Sertoma. Big article in paper as freshmen starting on varsity basically declaring him the next AJ. To my knowledge, he has not yet made an all region team. Not sure some folks in his corner are doing him justice with some of the hype. I truly hope he has a great senior season as I think he works at his game as much as anyone. Time may prove me wrong, but I would not use Cam and Ortre in the same sentence when talking about talent at the WR position.

Cam is great kid, hard worker good player, but I often wonder if he will ever live up to the hype which I also consider to be unfair to him. Sports Illustrated as a young Sertoma player; merit does not get you published in SI playing Sertoma. Big article in paper as freshmen starting on varsity basically declaring him the next AJ. To my knowledge, he has not yet made an all region team. Not sure some folks in his corner are doing him justice with some of the hype. I truly hope he has a great senior season as I think he works at his game as much as anyone. Time may prove me wrong, but I would not use Cam and Ortre in the same sentence when talking about talent at the WR position.
I would agree with you that he has not lived up to the hype surrounding him going into High School. I mean to compare him to AJ just because they went to the same school and play the same position is ridiculous! And I wasn't trying to compare he and Ortre, just giving my opinion on where he would stack up in the lowcountry. he did make the All Region team this season, along with Felder and Farrell from Summerville, but still wasn't the season i'm sure he had hoped for.

I would agree with you that he has not lived up to the hype surrounding him going into High School. I mean to compare him to AJ just because they went to the same school and play the same position is ridiculous! And I wasn't trying to compare he and Ortre, just giving my opinion on where he would stack up in the lowcountry. he did make the All Region team this season, along with Felder and Farrell from Summerville, but still wasn't the season i'm sure he had hoped for.

Cam is the prime example of what is wrong with the wave program. You have a kid that in the sertoma league ran for over 2000 yards in 8 games which anyone that is familiar with the lowcountry knows this league has produced most of the kids that have come through the years and shined on DD2 schools since the early 70's. And if the league had kept records you would probably find out that Cam probably is the only kid to have done this.
So his freshman year he's moved to a receiver position and has been this biggest decoy in the history of wave Football. But when you talk to some of the wave coaches they don't have the talent to win ballgames any longer. How Do you figure? So please don't say Cam isn't a talent .he's a star waiting to shine but unfortunately he's become probably the best team player in the history of S.C football.

No way smith is going to step into a dumpster fire.in mt.p the rumor is fort.im suprised cam hasnt bolted aswell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT