ADVERTISEMENT

Pelion Open

I know of a couple of coaches who have told me they have put in for it. One with recent appearances in title games.

My thoughts as well. Didn't Chuck Reedy run into a similar issue with District 1 regarding the Lexington High School job several years back?

Originally posted by StillLaffyTaffy:
My thoughts as well. Didn't Chuck Reedy run into a similar issue with District 1 regarding the Lexington High School job several years back?
News to me.

A couple of coaches in the Columbia area with sons getting to high school should look at this job. Plenty of chances to make that program pretty good for its size and for their kid to be the star.

Four names I know of putting in are Holland of HKT, Jerry Brown, Justin Crocker, and the fourth wishes to remain un-named at this time. There are two more but I do not know who they are.

I don't think its that surprising. That's a pretty good situation. Good pay, which leads to bumping your retirement up. AD/HBC...no teaching responsibilities. Not a whole bunch of sports of which to keep track. Close enough to Columbia so that you have a choice of where to live and fairly easy for a spouse to find a job. Good school district for your kids. Not a whole lot of pressure to win immediately so you have some time to build the program how you want to. Great administration from what I hear. That job has a lot of things going for it. The question is, what type of person are they looking for to fill the position? It'll be interesting as always. Especially the domino effect it'll cause.

This post was edited on 3/31 10:43 AM by HitHardah

Not that surprising given the pay and other reasons listed above. Potential to make $90k-plus, AD/HC, never step foot in a classroom, have an Assistant AD and Athletic Secretary.

You word yet on when the position will be filled and any names coming to the surface that chances are high of getting the job?

The job post has been removed from the district website. It looks like yesterday was the final day to apply. It'll be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Heard through the walls they completed all the interviews yesterday.. Anybody have any idea who the leading person for the job is?

I heard there were "four" from one source and "two" from another in terms of front runners. I believe Dann Holland is in the mix, though.

I suspect Justin Crocker is somewhere in the mix, as well.

The "four" I heard was Poole (on staff), Jett turner, Dann Holland, and Trey Sullivan. One of the two from the other source was Crocker.

Where was Jett Turner from? Wasn't he at Liberty? His name wasn't one of the 8 that interviewed that I heard.

This post was edited on 4/17 3:48 PM by HiQualityH2)

Job was offered and accepted last night. Meeting with Super on on Tuesday morning and name goes before board for approval on Tuesday night.

Coach has asked me not to release his name until he can tell his players but I can tell you they got a good one.

Originally posted by JB@Rivals:
Job was offered and accepted last night. Meeting with Super on on Tuesday morning and name goes before board for approval on Tuesday night.

Coach has asked me not to release his name until he can tell his players but I can tell you they got a good one.
Well that's just pathetic.

Bet I know who it IS.....

3dgrin.r191677.gif

Ain't that hard if you look at the 4 finalists and consider the "Championships" reference....

I agree with JB - he should do very well.

glasses.r191677.gif

From what I understand, this job belongs to Holland from HKT. Fantastic coach, btw. Very disciplined. Pelion went from one great coach to another. That's how a program gets on top and stays on top. Well done, Pelion. Somebody was going to get this guy; glad it is you all.

Pelion went from one great coach to another. That's how a program gets on top and stays on top.

Pelion has never seen the top in football & likely won't. This HKT dude will make them better & probably a regular playoff participant, but AA might just be the toughest playoff scenario out there. They won't be able to make a lot of noise year in & year out.

Reactions: strader92
Don't count him and don't be surprised what he capable of. That is the same thing they told him at HKT and his first year went to an upper state championship, second and third year state championships. But you are correct 2A is very hard and a tough classification but he will get what is already a motivated program to a buy in a be very good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT