ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff match-ups?

icrowatnight

Rookie
Sep 10, 2008
Best match-ups, who y'all got?

Just looking on paper Greenville and Fort Mill is very interesting. Fort Mill with 3 quality arms and look like a team that swings it well also. Greenville has a lot of slightly above average arms with a good defense. Greenville has a lot of guy's who put the ball in play but not much pop other than Chapman in the line-up.

Can't answer that question because I have no idea which teams are facing each other. And apparently no one else does either. We don't have the privilege of that information. It must be highly classified.

Now hearing that 2 more upstate teams may not play in the playoffs. If that happens, that will be 5 teams total.

I've got it -

1) Greenwood with a bye
2) Rock Hill with a bye
3) Gaffney with a bye

4) Greenville vs Fort Mill
5) Lancaster vs Greer
6) Inman vs Walhalla
7) York vs Union
8) Spartanburg vs Williamston

1 vs 7
3 vs 4
2 vs 8
5 vs 6

Haven't heard who the other teams are... Guessing Greer and Union maybe, but have no idea. Who you hearing Cohaze?

Walhalla vs Inman will be a good one as well. Playing back to back double headers will make things even more interesting. Think Walhalla and Fort Mill will push the #2 seeds this week.

I've got it -

1) Greenwood with a bye
2) Rock Hill with a bye
3) Gaffney with a bye

4) Greenville vs Fort Mill
5) Lancaster vs Greer
6) Inman vs Walhalla
7) York vs Union
8) Spartanburg vs Williamston

1 vs 7
3 vs 4
2 vs 8
5 vs 6

Just an FYI that Greenwood does not have a bye. They play the Union team that has 4 wins and 15 losses.
Two of those wins I have been told are by forfeit to the OTHER Union team (that forfeited a ton of games and shouldn't have been let in the league in the first place, and shouldn't be in the playoffs either) that is 6-14.

In case you missed it, Inman and Walhalla are scheduled to play a doubleheader today in Inman, and another tomorrow in Walhalla.

The bizarre thing about this is that they are supposed to be 7 inning games. Now, I understand that 7 inning games are allowed for doubleheaders during the regular season. But, this is the playoffs. If 9 inning games are as sacrosanct as Legion pretends they are, you would think they would be required during the playoffs, even for doubleheaders. IF LEGION WILL ALLOW 7 INNING GAMES DURING THE PLAYOFFS, THEY OUGHT TO ALLOW THEM FOR ALL REGULAR SEASON GAMES.

In our league if both coaches agree to it some teams do play 7 inning games. Not by the rules but our league director said if both teams agree then they can. Not fair to the other teams having to use pitching for 2 extra innings

The Rule Book says that the "department committee" (whatever that is) may allow teams to play 7 inning games DURING THE REGULAR SEASON. There is no provision for 7 inning games during the playoffs. Whether the "department committee" has given that permission for regular season play in SC, I don't know. But, it clearly ain't allowed during playoffs. Is it a coincidence that one of the teams that was allowed to play 7 inning games was rumored to be on the verge of folding last week (Walhalla), and the other was missing one of its main pitchers this week (Inman)? Color me skeptical. But, as you point out, it is definitely unfair to the other teams that have to burn through more pitching. And it definitely ain't fair to the kids whose arms must bear the brunt of those extra innings.

In our league if both coaches agree to it some teams do play 7 inning games. Not by the rules but our league director said if both teams agree then they can. Not fair to the other teams having to use pitching for 2 extra innings

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT