ADVERTISEMENT

2015-16 4A AD Cup Points and Notes

scbuckeye99

Rookie
Jun 28, 2014
Here's is this year's 4A AD Cup report. Notes at the bottom.

School / Points
Wando 1020
Dorman 800
Lexington 780
Dutch Fork 640
Boiling Springs 550
Fort Mill 530
J L Mann 530
Nation Ford 530
Riverside 520
Mauldin 460
T L Hanna 460
Spring Valley 450
Summerville 450
Bluffton 440
Byrnes 390
South Aiken 380
Blythewood 370
Fort Dorchester 360
James Island 360
River Bluff 360
Spartanburg 350
Wade Hampton 340
Ashley Ridge 290
Stratford 290
Clover 280
Northwestern 280
Carolina Forest 260
Irmo 250
Socastee 240
Sumter 240
White Knoll 230
West Ashley 220
North Augusta 200
West Florence 200
Rock Hill 190
Gaffney 180
Greenville 180
Goose Creek 170
Easley 150
Lugoff-Elgin 150
Westwood 140
Hillcrest 130
Westside 130
Ridge View 110
South Florence 110
Cane Bay 90
Greenwood 90
Woodmont 90
Conway 80
Laurens 80
York 70
Colleton County 10

Notes and tidbits

Overall points champ - Wando (again)

Most Playoff Teams - Lexington (22 of their teams made the playoffs)

Fewest Playoff Teams - Colleton County (ONE - Boys Track)

Most Improved Athletic Dept - Nation Ford (+310)

Least Improved? Athletic Dept - Hillcrest (-330)

Highest rated Athletic Dept w/o a good football program - Wando

Lowest rated Athletic Dept w/ a good football program - Northwestern (although Goose Creek, Hillcrest, Westside and Westwood could also be in this)

Highest rated Athletic Dept NOT to win a state title - Fort Mill / JL Mann / Nation Ford

Lowest rated Athletic Dept to win a state title - Northwestern

Highest rated Athletic Dept to NOT have playoff teams in every season - Riverside. None of their Winter sports made the playoffs

Other notable bad years - JL Mann, Riverside, Spartanburg, Northwestern, Wando (yes even though Wando won yet another AD Cup their 2016 was no where near their 2015)

Other notable success stories - Bluffton, Byrnes, Dorman, Lexington, TL Hanna

Final Thoughts

Very competitive year for 4A. 13 schools won state titles compared to 11 in 2015. Lot more parity this season it seems across the board. Will be interesting to see how 5A goes in this regard. Every school who won a state title this year will be 5A next year so I'm guessing / hoping the parity remains.

Last edited:
Where did you get this informative information from? The SCAAA website hasn't been updated in over a year as far as I can tell....

:eek:

Where did you get this informative information from? The SCAAA website hasn't been updated in over a year as far as I can tell....

:eek:

It's not difficult. Just know the points that are awarded for each placement and then be a huge nerd :). That last part helps the most.

Last edited:
It's not difficult. Just know the points that are awarded for each placement and then be a huge nerd :). That last part helps the most.

hahahahah

Good grief... I don't thave that much time or brain power.

Kudos to you for pulling that off. Now if you can just do AAA, AA and A for the rest of us, please...

:D:D:D:D

Here's is this year's 4A AD Cup report. Notes at the bottom.

School / Points
Wando 1020
Dorman 800
Lexington 780
Dutch Fork 640
Boiling Springs 550
Fort Mill 530
J L Mann 530
Nation Ford 530
Riverside 520
Mauldin 460
T L Hanna 460
Spring Valley 450
Summerville 450
Bluffton 440
Byrnes 390
South Aiken 380
Blythewood 370
Fort Dorchester 360
James Island 360
River Bluff 360
Spartanburg 350
Wade Hampton 340
Ashley Ridge 290
Stratford 290
Clover 280
Northwestern 280
Carolina Forest 260
Irmo 250
Socastee 240
Sumter 240
White Knoll 230
West Ashley 220
North Augusta 200
West Florence 200
Rock Hill 190
Gaffney 180
Greenville 180
Goose Creek 170
Easley 150
Lugoff-Elgin 150
Westwood 140
Hillcrest 130
Westside 130
Ridge View 110
South Florence 110
Cane Bay 90
Greenwood 90
Woodmont 90
Conway 80
Laurens 80
York 70
Colleton County 10

Notes and tidbits

Overall points champ - Wando (again)

Most Playoff Teams - Lexington (22 of their teams made the playoffs)

Fewest Playoff Teams - Colleton County (ONE - Boys Track)

Most Improved Athletic Dept - Nation Ford (+310)

Least Improved? Athletic Dept - Hillcrest (-330)

Highest rated Athletic Dept w/o a good football program - Wando

Lowest rated Athletic Dept w/ a good football program - Northwestern (although Goose Creek, Hillcrest, Westside and Westwood could also be in this)

Highest rated Athletic Dept NOT to win a state title - Fort Mill / JL Mann / Nation Ford

Lowest rated Athletic Dept to win a state title - Northwestern

Highest rated Athletic Dept to NOT have playoff teams in every season - Riverside. None of their Winter sports made the playoffs

Other notable bad years - JL Mann, Riverside, Spartanburg, Northwestern, Wando (yes even though Wando won yet another AD Cup their 2016 was no where near their 2015)

Other notable success stories - Bluffton, Byrnes, Dorman, Lexington, TL Hanna

Final Thoughts

Very competitive year for 4A. 13 schools won state titles compared to 11 in 2015. Lot more parity this season it seems across the board. Will be interesting to see how 5A goes in this regard. Every school who won a state title this year will be 5A next year so I'm guessing / hoping the parity remains.

You mean we are paying our AD 100K here at Westside and this is the crap we are getting as a whole. This is BS. All he cares about is football. There are a lot of schools ahead of us that the football coach is the AD also. Doesn't look we are getting the return on our dollar like Hanna is.

Hanna is paying their AD the same amount, but they are up there with the big boys.

You mean we are paying our AD 100K here at Westside and this is the crap we are getting as a whole. This is BS. All he cares about is football. There are a lot of schools ahead of us that the football coach is the AD also. Doesn't look we are getting the return on our dollar like Hanna is.

Hanna is paying their AD the same amount, but they are up there with the big boys.

In all fairness (and obviously you guys don't have 2015's data to go off of like I do) Westside scored 60 points and had 4 playoff teams in 2015. In 2016 they scored 130 points and had 8 playoff teams. I'd say that's a start in the right direction. Hanna in a similar boat. 14 playoff teams and 290 points in 2015. 16 playoff teams and 460 points in 2016. Both Anderson 5 schools did very well IMO.

This year's data gives more legitimacy to the idea of ONE Anderson high school and how dominant it would be in athletics. Would most likely rival Wando and surely Dorman.

The only two sports that make money (Boys Basketball, Football) both won the region. Not sure your complaint against the AD is valid. You're mad because Westside girls tennis team and girls soccer teams are poor? Before they hired him the football team won 1 game, the boys basketball team went 2-12 and finished last in the region and the baseball team won 4 region games in 3 years. Not a single team at Westside won the region and only a few even made the playoffs. Now they have 3 region champions (football, boys bball and softball) and just about every team has vastly improved. The AD cup standings dont tell the whole story.

Last edited:
Might be that jaa9236 just wants ALL Sports at Westside to make the playoffs and be competitive ever year.

Only AD that I know of that made nearly ever sport competitive in less than 5 years EVER in this state was David Bennett at River Bluff. The 8 months leading up to River Bluff opening, he went all across this state and grabbed some of the best and most successful coaches and almost EVERY sport and convinced them to come to River Bluff. Everyone was emailing, texting and calling each other in the coaching profession talking about it.

I see this season the Bluff finished at #20, so there is still some room for improvement in some areas, but as much crap as I give your AD at Westside on this board and in real life, I don't think it's fair to point fingers this soon. Now in 2 or 3 more years, if you still suck in everything but the Big 3..... lol... then you can complain about him ALL YOU'D LIKE! I will be right there to cheer you on....

;)

The only two sports that make money (Boys Basketball, Football) both won the region. Not sure your complaint against the AD is valid. You're mad because Westside girls tennis team and girls soccer teams are poor?

Well my friend, not all kids like football and or basketball. That is why there are other sports. So, if you are a female athlete at Westside then the hell with you, right? How about the male athlete that can't run a 4.4 40, or is not 250 lbs plus or can't jump through the roof? To hell with them also?

As for as the basketball and football teams. Our MVP on the basketball team came from Hanna and as everyone on this site knows our QB came from Hanna. So without stealing Hanna's players we would be in a world of S**T.

Reactions: red raider alum
I'll point out that Michael Manucy, (Sr. / Westside), won a state title in the Boys 100 Yard Backstroke in Swimming this past fall. This after just a few years ago Westside's swim program was dead in the water (pun intended?.....maybe haha)

Well my friend, not all kids like football and or basketball. That is why there are other sports. So, if you are a female athlete at Westside then the hell with you, right? How about the male athlete that can't run a 4.4 40, or is not 250 lbs plus or can't jump through the roof? To hell with them also?

What are you talking about? Who is saying that? My point, which apparently eluded you, was that 1 team made the playoffs in 13-14 at Westside. Now 8 teams made the playoffs this year. 0 region champions now 3. Its called improvement. Hanna was and is always good at baseball, tennis, soccer. Its comparing apples to oranges. Westside was terrible at everything when he got there. Not sure about you but 1 playoff team to 8 seems like a good job to me so far. I was talking about Football and Basketball because they both won the region. Not because nobody cares about girls sports, and males who cant run fast. If you go back and read I also mentioned softball winning the region as well. The girls basketball team also won the region last year and came in 2nd this year. The AD has football, basketball and softball as region champs when before they were the laughing stocks of the region. That was my point my friend.

What are you talking about? Who is saying that? My point, which apparently eluded you, was that 1 team made the playoffs in 13-14 at Westside. Now 8 teams made the playoffs this year. 0 region champions now 3. Its called improvement. Hanna was and is always good at baseball, tennis, soccer. Its comparing apples to oranges. Westside was terrible at everything when he got there. Not sure about you but 1 playoff team to 8 seems like a good job to me so far. I was talking about Football and Basketball because they both won the region. Not because nobody cares about girls sports, and males who cant run fast. If you go back and read I also mentioned softball winning the region as well. The girls basketball team also won the region last year and came in 2nd this year. The AD has football, basketball and softball as region champs when before they were the laughing stocks of the region. That was my point my friend.

I commented on your first 3 sentences, because that was your original post. That was before you edited it and added in the later. Go back and read the first 3 sentences. You came off as if "nothing else matters" except basketball and football.

I may have jumped the gun a little by just looking at the raw numbers. Can't give credit to the AD for football, that was the superintendent who hired Scott. It still doesn't answer the question of where would we be if we did not recruit Hanna players.

I commented on your first 3 sentences, because that was your original post. That was before you edited it and added in the later. Go back and read the first 3 sentences. You came off as if "nothing else matters" except basketball and football.

I may have jumped the gun a little by just looking at the raw numbers. Can't give credit to the AD for football, that was the superintendent who hired Scott. It still doesn't answer the question of where would we be if we did not recruit Hanna players.
I didnt add anything. I corrected a spelling error. As far a recruiting goes. That's just funny. Hanna has just as many, if not more, former Westside kids. It just so happens that the 2 Westside got are good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT