ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Projections - updated Fri morning

ALB on SCV

Two Year Starter
Jun 1, 2010
These are matchups based on the standings as of this morning. These will change as games are played out. Bold indicates team is set in that position.....

**UPDATE Thursday morning: Lower state matchups are set. Upper state is set except for the league 6 teams.

LOWER STATE
(1)Goose Creek vs (4)Georgetown
(2)Camden vs (3)Horry

(1)Florence vs (5)Dalzell
(2)Beaufort vs (4)Manning

(1)Sumter vs (5)Lake City
(2)Murrells Inlet vs (3)Hartsville

UPPER STATE
(1)Rock Hill vs (4)Easley
(2)Union
vs (3)Lexington

(1)Inman
vs (4)Columbia Northeast
(2)Ft. Mill
vs (3)Belton

(1)Greenwood vs (4)Lancaster
(2)Orangeburg
vs (3)Spartanburg

(1)Chapin-Newberry vs (4)Greer
(2)Greenville vs (3)Clover

This post was edited on 7/4 8:07 AM by ALB on SCV

This post was edited on 7/6 10:52 PM by ALB on SCV

Re: Playoff Projections - updated Thur morning

Just curious as to how the Legion playoffs work in S.C. I coach high school baseball in N.C. and the S.C. system for the high school playoffs make to much sense for N.C. to do something like S.C.

Re: Playoff Projections - updated Thur morning

Best of 5 series. 2 rounds of it, and then final 8 teams go to a double elimination state tournament.

Was told by Beaufort Coach this morning that they are out...not enough players. Bummers. Good squad.

I don't know if this had anything to do with the Beaufort situation but ALB needs to change two rules in my opinion.

1. 12 player rule in playoffs. I can see the rule being 10. This is what happened to my team last year. Had 18 after tryouts. 2 kids quit and nobody else wanted to play so now I'm down to 16. I had one kid get hurt, now 15. Week before the playoffs started I had 2 kids tell me they where going on Vacation now 13. Then 2 told me they had travel ball tournaments that week and I'm down to 11 and we had to forfeit.

2. Dual Participation- why can't kids play travel during legion playoffs? The more baseball a kid plays the better for the player. Now your making the kid decide between legion and travel. Of course the kid is going to play travel when the parents paid thousands of dollars.

2 pm Sunday: Union wins, Spartanburg third, Greer fourth. Gaffney wins,
Spartanburg at Union 7 pm for second, Greer at Gaffney for fourth.

copied off of twitter....

This post was edited on 7/6 12:12 PM by GHSINDIANS4EVER

There are LOTS of Legion rules that need to be changed. Unfortunately, most of the old guard have their heads in the sand.

Originally posted by Skools:
I don't know if this had anything to do with the Beaufort situation but ALB needs to change two rules in my opinion.

1. 12 player rule in playoffs. I can see the rule being 10. This is what happened to my team last year. Had 18 after tryouts. 2 kids quit and nobody else wanted to play so now I'm down to 16. I had one kid get hurt, now 15. Week before the playoffs started I had 2 kids tell me they where going on Vacation now 13. Then 2 told me they had travel ball tournaments that week and I'm down to 11 and we had to forfeit.

2. Dual Participation- why can't kids play travel during legion playoffs? The more baseball a kid plays the better for the player. Now your making the kid decide between legion and travel. Of course the kid is going to play travel when the parents paid thousands of dollars.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT