ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Scores

A good coach does the asking to the umpire, not the player! A coaches job is to go to war for every girl on that field like she is his own.
Finally a post that gets to the heart of the matter. I've seen where some posts put all the burden on the young pitcher which is not fair. It is the coaches responsibility to handle all interactions with officials, and keep his/her players in check. Any negative actions are a direct reflection of the head coach and the school. Regardless of what some posters think, this pitcher is still a kid playing a game. With the proper leadership this incident would have never boiled over.

Reactions: juspitchit
This woman from day one has been out to bash my daughter from one point to another . So she start with comments then lies about her intent. Then makes faults statement about social media . If so please share the links . Then posts pictures of part of the story . Why not show her returning a shaking the hand of the coach . I'll tell you why It wouldn't help her point . So keep trying the bully tactic see where that get her . Think back to her first few post where she says she not talking about a particular player or team and tell me if that statementa lie or not .

Well I will say this.....what the kids do on the field does not bother me as much as what the parents do. Parents get on my nerves in general and should only be allowed to watch the game behind the outfield fence... IMHO

Parents make the game less fun for the kids

There Alot more to this story
You've got to move on from this man. Hasn't your daughter verbally committed to a D1? Focus on that, you're always going to encounter this stuff at the HS level.
If you really want to help your daughter, move on from this and be bigger than the situation. Grow from it and move forward. Just saying...

Reactions: NA_JACKET
You've got to move on from this man. Hasn't your daughter verbally committed to a D1? Focus on that, you're always going to encounter this stuff at the HS level.
If you really want to help your daughter, move on from this and be bigger than the situation. Grow from it and move forward. Just saying...
Point taken . Its hard to watch another parent parent try to rip your kid . As parents its hard not to want to defend . My daughter laughs and say that woman's crazy . She said people that knows me sees it as what it is, the others don't matter . As you said it time to leave the high school ball behind and all of it drama and move on to watch her grow at the college level .

Tried to stay out of this but must say what I witness in Union vs Daniel game. I saw a very talented picture who no question has worked very hard to get where she is. At same time I saw a young lady that got frustrated and then showed disrespect to the game,the umpire, and opponent. She constantly questioned and made gestures to umpire in both games. As soon as Union player hit a homerun she started yelling illegal bat and stormed off field yelling at own coach. The Union player square up a 60 plus mph pitch and hit it over 200 foot fence. Not a monster shot. Also she did not go back shake coach's hand. I watched them go through then go right field. Not pointing fingers. Facts are facts. Also no one has question the work she has put in. I wish her great success in college.

This woman from day one has been out to bash my daughter from one point to another . So she start with comments then lies about her intent. Then makes faults statement about social media . If so please share the links . Then posts pictures of part of the story . Why not show her returning a shaking the hand of the coach . I'll tell you why It wouldn't help her point . So keep trying the bully tactic see where that get her . Think back to her first few post where she says she not talking about a particular player or team and tell me if that statementa lie or not .

Tried to stay out of this but must say what I witness in Union vs Daniel game. I saw a very talented picture who no question has worked very hard to get where she is. At same time I saw a young lady that got frustrated and then showed disrespect to the game,the umpire, and opponent. She constantly questioned and made gestures to umpire in both games. As soon as Union player hit a homerun she started yelling illegal bat and stormed off field yelling at own coach. The Union player square up a 60 plus mph pitch and hit it over 200 foot fence. Not a monster shot. Also she did not go back shake coach's hand. I watched them go through then go right field. Not pointing fingers. Facts are facts. Also no one has question the work she has put in. I wish her great success in college.

For those of us who have to read this balderdash (synonym for nonsense), please begin using something resembling proper punctuation and coherent sentences. It's a shame that this thread has been hijacked, instead of being informational about playoff scores. In reference to the above quotes, Olson Johnson said it best; "Now who can argue with that? I think we're all indebted to Gabby Johnson for clearly stating what needed to be said. I'm particulary glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age."

To the pitcher who had so much trouble in the Union/Daniel game. Part and parcel to the problem, which possibly happens more in smaller schools, is when one individual player carry too large of a proportion to a teams success. The success of a team is almost solely determined by one player.

An impossible situation with the stress of the school on one persons shoulders. And really is an exception in the softball game.

In college, and established (large) HS programs it is not much so the case. No player can have a great game every day. But good programs (talent) has back up plans. Others to have your back. Another pitcher to come in. A deck full of great hitters, who has her back.

It is super hard to be great. Failure is right in front every single day. Without the right support group, outside of parents, it is a doomed scenario. I have seen melt down moments before. It usually comes, at some point in time, from potentially great players, because they .... Care ... Want to be great.

I will not judge this player. Had the weight of the whole world on her. Had a bad day, and the Thorobred horse in her had difficulty. But be careful in judging the player, and/or parents.

She will find in college it is certainly not a one horse town. It will be completely different, and don't be surprised in college, with the competitive drive she has, the results will surprise.

To some of these posts who want to call out. Just not my style. Command of the English language can do the same without it. The folks intent on putting a call out in writing should look closely inward.

I like this pitcher. Feel sad this board made so much of it. More than it really was in my opinion. But college for her will be much better, and will not be surprised to be reading college reports of success with my full SC support.

Last edited:
I am in no way denying her talent or how many hours she puts in. The truth is the truth. A lady whom I do not know was accused of attacking this young athlete for reporting what she saw. If you was not at game then you do not understand. I know these things happen. Don't make excuses for behavior. She was frustrated and let emotions get best of her. She is talented and will do well at next level. What happened is over. Hope she moved on and learns from it. Can not deny what happened. Can ask Union coaches all day and they will say nothing but good things about young lady. Coach Petty would never say a negative word about an opponent. He is respectful of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT