ADVERTISEMENT

Playoffs

scgaconnection

All-State Pick
Feb 9, 2009
This board sucks...what happened to all the hoop heads that use to be around? Thoughts on basketball playoffs?

This board sucks...what happened to all the hoop heads that use to be around? Thoughts on basketball playoffs?
yea no traffic anymore... guess everybody's out trying to start an AAU team lol...

4A
Spring Valley over Ft Mill (wont be easy)
Byrnes over Blythewood
(no lowerstate predictions)

3A
South Pointe over Seneca
AC Flora over Berea
Midland Valley will be lowerstate champs

2A
Abbeville over Blacksburg
AJ over Keenan

1A
NO CLUE

yea no traffic anymore... guess everybody's out trying to start an AAU team lol...

4A
Spring Valley over Ft Mill (wont be easy)
Byrnes over Blythewood

3A
South Pointe over Seneca
AC Flora over Berea
Midland Valley will be lowerstate champs

2A
Abbeville over Blacksburg
AJ over Keenan

1A
NO CLUE
4A
Fort Mill over The Valley
Blythewood over Byrnes (Blythewood too big, fast, athletic)
Irmo over Carolina Forest
South Aiken over West Ashley

3A
Seneca over South Pointe (Seneca could win 4A IMO)
Flora over Berea
Midland Valley over Wilson
Lakewood over Marlboro County

2A
Blacksburg over Abbeville
Andrew Jackson over Keenan (No answer for Big kid)
Timberland over Hardeeville
Dillon over Lee Central

1A
CA Johnson over Ridge Spring
Calhoun County over McBee
Hemingway over Hannah-Pamplico
Carvers Bay over CE Murray

Midland Valley is an awful place to play. Some of the fans are horrible. whenever you use the N word loosely without any remorse toward children, is mind-boggling. I am a Darlington and Wilson fan, and I must admit that the officiating was terrible in both game's. The SCHSL really needs to look into having all 3rd round basketball playoffs games at a neutral site with both team's traveling about the same distance to get there. The sad truth is that area official's will ALWAYS be bias towards the home team. It's ashame that the game Tuesday night against Midland Valley & Wilson was dictated by the reffs, and not by the teams play on the court.

Midland Valley is an awful place to play. Some of the fans are horrible. whenever you use the N word loosely without any remorse toward children, is mind-boggling. I am a Darlington and Wilson fan, and I must admit that the officiating was terrible in both game's. The SCHSL really needs to look into having all 3rd round basketball playoffs games at a neutral site with both team's traveling about the same distance to get there. The sad truth is that area official's will ALWAYS be bias towards the home team. It's ashame that the game Tuesday night against Midland Valley & Wilson was dictated by the reffs, and not by the teams play on the court.

The biased refs who didnt call an intentional foul when Daniel Carr was grabbed around the waist and thrown the ground? Those refs?
http://wjbf.com/2016/02/23/midland-...-to-the-lower-state-finals-plus-other-scores/

That foul was totally unnecessary, I agree. But the overall officiating crew was awful. Too old and too slow to be calling a game of that magnitude. A lot of fouls where called against Wilson that where outright questionable. Meanwhile, Midland Valley where getting away murder. It's sad to say that the best team will not be playing in the Lower State Championship

KG- glad to see you are still around. Where did Donnell Rogers end up? What happened at Shiloh?
Nell came back and waited on Indian land but don't think the AD was feeling it so he ended up like playing for believe prep or Evelyn Mack . Can't remember which one. Heard couple of stories on Shiloh but I think it was something regarding difference in graduating requirements SC vs Ga

Darlingtion fans calling other fans bad? I dont have a dog in the fight, but Darlington by far are not angels when it come to their fans. Last year, they were taunting the midland valley fans at lower state, and they did the same thing the year before vs myrtle beach.

This sounds like sour grapes to me. I don't know why Darlington fans would be taunting MV anyway, they have ended their season 2 years in a row now while advancing to play for their second straight state championship. Heck, this year's playoff game wasn't even close, it was a 20 point blowout, right? I guess they were the best team in the lower state again, your argument holds no merit. As far as Wilson, the tackle by that kid was not only completely over the top but could have started a riot. The Carr kid at MV is a difference maker, they haven't lost since he and the big kid in the middle came back. Also was a huge reason they played for a state title in football this year, it's a shame he had a pulled hamstring and wasn't 100 % against South Pointe. Still think SP was too much, but a healthy Carr might have made things a little more interesting. If he was a little bigger, he would be getting more big time looks in both sports. And, no, I'm not even an MV fan but have seen them play in our region many times in both sports

This sounds like sour grapes to me. I don't know why Darlington fans would be taunting MV anyway, they have ended their season 2 years in a row now while advancing to play for their second straight state championship. Heck, this year's playoff game wasn't even close, it was a 20 point blowout, right? I guess they were the best team in the lower state again, your argument holds no merit. As far as Wilson, the tackle by that kid was not only completely over the top but could have started a riot. The Carr kid at MV is a difference maker, they haven't lost since he and the big kid in the middle came back. Also was a huge reason they played for a state title in football this year, it's a shame he had a pulled hamstring and wasn't 100 % against South Pointe. Still think SP was too much, but a healthy Carr might have made things a little more interesting. If he was a little bigger, he would be getting more big time looks in both sports. And, no, I'm not even an MV fan but have seen them play in our region many times in both sports
just hard to get looks in basketball if you play football for simple fact its too many 1 sport kids. football, im not sure why he isn't getting looks.. but I know his recruitment is slow in basketball because he played football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT