ADVERTISEMENT

Playoffs

May 12, 2017
I was informed by my league director today that only the top 4 teams from each league in the upper state will make the playoffs. Meaning that they will go from 12 to 6 to 3 teams. Will there be a play in game for the 4th seed......

I guess with so many teams dropping out of the playoffs without enough players past couple years they are not letting every team in. Nice even number in the upper state with 16

Has been that way in the Lower State for several years. The three teams that lose in the second round are put in a two-game series with the winner going to the state tournament. Can't remember how they determine which of the three gets a bye to the second and final elimination game to face the winner of the first game.

I was informed by my league director today that only the top 4 teams from each league in the upper state will make the playoffs. Meaning that they will go from 12 to 6 to 3 teams. Will there be a play in game for the 4th seed......

I guess with so many teams dropping out of the playoffs without enough players past couple years they are not letting every team in. Nice even number in the upper state with 16
You wanna start a pool to guess how many upstate teams end up dropping out? I say two.

Reactions: sadd66
Anyone know how many teams the Jr. legion will take for playoffs.. top 3 in region or top 4? just wondering

Not out yet. State Director and Committee trying to get it together?

More like State director and committee trying to manipulate it to fit the best interest of the good-ole'-boy network. You won't be privy to the inner workings of the grand poo-ba. It's above all of our pay grades. Under the heading from leadership to us peons , I am sure, of "you just wouldn't understand".
But I haven't ever seen an actual playoff bracket before so if anyone ever finds one, a lot of people will be glad to see it. The only one I have ever seen is the state bracket that P15 puts on their website. If I remember correctly, the P15 site was the only place to find any playoff scores last year leading up to the state tournament. But even then there was no bracket letting you know which league/region would be matched up with another one.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT