ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions ...

pita141

Bench Warmer
Feb 17, 2003
Any predictions/trash talk for tonight's matches. It's too quiet on this board given all of the great match-ups/tough matches that will be going on shortly.

I'll step out on a limb to get discussion going ...(I think that almost all of these could go either way)
Rock Hill over Boiling Springs
Ft. D over Ashley Ridge

South Pointe over West Oak
St. James over Beaufort

I don't expect to be right with all of these, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to get all of these wrong, just going with my gut.

I'll take the bait there Pita...

guess it was difficult to just look at SCMAT and make "your" predictions
SC 4A Wrestling Top 20 Team Rankings 1-30-15

1. Dorman
2. Rock Hill
3. Boiling Springs
SC 3A Wrestling Top 20 Team Rankings 1-30-15

1. South Pointe
2. Beaufort
3. West-Oak

I'll take West Oak and Fort D to win it all
This post was edited on 2/12 2:35 PM by countykid

Honestly, I didn't even think about rankings when I made my predictions, here's how I made my choices, although I must admit it's the farthest thing from scientific as you can get:

Rock Hill put us out of the playoffs, and it feels better to say that you lost to the best, than to say you lost to #3 or 4.

I coached Deral Brown in high/middle school, so I can't "vote" against him (unless it's for me, but we're not quite that good yet).

I know and like Eddie Cook a lot, so I went with him (that and Kevin Knoerr's from the OC, so I always pick against them)

I know the coach from St. James (kinda), and couldn't remember who was at Beaufort (just knew that Danube had stepped-down), so I took a shot in the dark there.

Guess what, I'm picking Battery Creek in the finals in AA, cause I don't like picking against Nathan Day (tried coaching against him too many times, and regardless of talent level, he always makes you second guess yourself, and work way harder than you'd expect to when squaring off against him).

and yes, in the Super Bowl, I was more interested in the match-up between Belichick and Carroll than the match-up between Wilson and Brady.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT