ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason Baseball Rankings

Feb 6, 2009
What are the 4A top ten preseason baseball rankings? Who will be some of the surprise teams od 2015?

Wando has the most talent in the state, really not even close.

Lexington, Summerville, and Blythewood will be good also. Not sure what other teams in the state will be good.

The Baseball Coaches Assoc rankings will probably be out the first of next month. Unfortunately, those are generally pretty inaccurate. HS coaches tend to know who in their area has talent, but when it comes to the rest of the state they vote more based on reputation. The Diamond Prospects rankings will probably be out later in February and they generally do a better job.

In Spartanburg County, there are no powerhouses. Boiling Springs will probably be the best team, but Byrnes should be decent as well. Dorman lost a lot, but has a lot of young talent and could surprise some people as they develop. Spartanburg will struggle.

I suspect the lower part of the state will again have the most talent, but that's just a guess.

River Bluff, young program with a good head coach who has experience in AAAA baseball. They have everything in place to be a very good program year in and year out. There is a lot of depth in AAAA baseball and in that region.

Region V might be the toughest region in the state this year. Obviously we need to wait and see what kind of product is placed on the field from across the state. I am clearing my calendar for the first Lexington and River Bluff game. Might need to get there about 3 hours early if the other sporting events this year are any indication of the crowds in that rivalry.

Speaking of Region V, how will NA be with their new coach? He was highly thought of as an assistant at South Aiken.

And good luck to Banks Faulkner and Summerville. Not just a good coach, but a great guy altogether.

Faulkner is doing a phenomenal job so far. And they won the IPC classic. He is churning up interest in that program at a quick rate. And yes, comes from a great family and hes a great guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT