ADVERTISEMENT

RANDY ROBINSON, HEAD COACH AT DANIEL HAS BEEN NAMESD NEW STAGS HEAD COACH

Slicker,

This is a honest question.

Has Berkeley had some good talent come through the last few years and the coaching staff just not done well with them? Or has it been lack of talent and coaching?

The reason I ask, is why would Robinson leave Daniel for a "lateral" move to go to Berkeley that has not produced the kind of talent that has come through Daniel say the last 10 years? If he had gone to say Northwestern I could see that. Going to 4A to 5A is a step up. Maybe money?

I don't believe Berkeley has had the talent of DWD lately. How many guys does DWD have in the NFL? Jenkins, Hopkins, Williams, and about to add another (Lawson). Berkeley has the Ellingtons

Coaches will leave a good program for various reasons. Some like the challenge of changing a bad program into a good program. Some also get tired of the pressure to maintain the performance level from another coach or for the success that he has built. Some coaches may see the change of administrations and don't like the support that he may or may not receive. The money does help but sometimes a change is needed in a coaching career. I wish Coach Robinson and the Stags a successful season.

Berkeley may have had guys that talented but just didn't have the coaching or the push of the coach to get them to the next level. The coach was to busy studying the ratio of punting to not punting. Berkeley has athletes. Just have to be coached and hopefully Robinson is that guy.

Thank Christ Berkeley has a coach. No more lawsuit posts or Berkeley posts. Let the new coach come in and work and don't post anything on here about the Stags until the season starts. Good luck Slick now take a looooooong vacation and get to know your new coach.

I wasn't surprised that he made the move. I won't say he was on the hot seat. But the Dwd faithful were definitely getting restless. Half of my family are Daniel alumni and former players. I can tell you first hand that those people demand state titles and nothing less. Robinson getting close year after year but not finishing wasn't cutting it. Especially with the caliber of talent they have. I guess he figured he better get out while the gittin good.

DABO MENTIONED LOSING RANDY TO BERKELEY TODAY AT THE CLEMPSON SPRING GAME, AS WITH ALL THE COACHES, I AM EXCITED FOR A NEW COACH, SO I WILL NOT POST NEGATIVE THOUGHTS ON RANDY, MAYBE A CHANGE HERE IS WHAT WE BOTH NEEDED , ONCE AGAIN ALL WE EVER ASKED FROM ANY COACH WE HAVE HAD, IS COMMUNICATION, WINNING MORE THAN YOU LOSE, AND SINCE CRUZE PUNTING. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What do you feel like he should be communicating to the fans?
I'm not being an A$$, just looking for some context.

LISTEN TO OUR CONCERNS, AND QUESTIONS, DONT HIDE ON THE FIELD TILL EVERYONE HAS LEFT, COME TO MEETINGS WITH US, AND DONT ACT LIKE YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN IDEAS, THOUGHTS. MOST OF ALL, MAKE THE FANS FEEL YOU CARE. WHY YOU DONT THINK ITS IMPORTANT TO BE A COMMUNICATOR TO BOTH FANS AND PARENTS. CRUZE AFTER YEAR ONE, WAS A MAN THAT HAD HIS GROUP OF BUDS AND IGNORED EVERYBODY ELSE.

Why would any coach want to include you, or your bleacher critics, in his business? You'll sell him out and publically criticize him if he doesn't. Let me make you aware of something, no coach owes you anything just because you sit in those bleachers. He owes the kids and the people he works for. The thought of having to listen to a bunch the likes of you might be the reason your program is in the shape it's in. A monthly meeting to talk strategy with the general public is not conducive to anything good.

DINGO, CAUSE IT WILL BRING MONEY INTO THE PROGRAM, SOMETHING THAT THE LAST COACH DID NOT REALIZE HE NEEDED.

Tell us how you really feel Dingus. lol Some people don't know what a coach or a teacher does on a daily basis or the time they put in. It is not just about x's and o's but about students and helping them adapt to the future, but you always have a few who think they know everything about football from watching the games on TV, or attend hundreds of games that they can tear down a coach and his reputation. It is these types of people that can tear a program apart with their cancerous remarks and attitudes during bad times or good times. nuff said

Reactions: CantThrowIt
I have never heard of any coach that "communicates" or feels the need to, with the "community" and their meetings. Reminds me of the barber shop scenes in Radio. Wasn't a whole lot of coffee brewing when the "community" didn't like what the coach was doing, even though it was helping a kid. By what they were offering financially for a coach, BHS football doesn't need the scraps you say you bring just so you think you are an important member of the football staff.

WELL THEY WERE PLENTY, BUT THE ONE THAAT GOT HIM NAILED WAS NO PUNTING????

SO IN ORDER FOR YOU TO "APPROVE" OF A NEW COACH HE HAS TO CONSULT WITH YOU ON WHAT HIS THOUGHTS AND SCHEMES ARE IN ORDER TO NOT HAVE A ONE MAN CRUSADE FOR DISMISSAL? I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH THE WHOLE CRUZE DEAL, HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED FOR JUST BEING OUTRIGHT STUPID. HE ALSO DID VERY LITTLE IN HIS TENURE AND HE HAD AMPLE OPPORTUNITY. ONE THING YOU ALL NEED TO REALIZE IN MONCKS CORNER WAS THAT THE WHOLE TIME JERRY WAS THERE HE HAD NFL TALENT. THAT APPARENTLY HASN'T BEEN THE CASE IN RECENT YEARS. THIS WHOLE ORDEAL IS A COMBINATION OF LUNACY AND IDIOCY ON SEVERAL FRONTS. GOD BLESS ROBINSON IF HE'S WALKING INTO THIS. I WROTE IN ALL CAPS SO YOU COULD SEE IT BETTER.

THANK YOU FOR THE CAPS, I THINK THIS IDEA ITS ME IS NOT REALLY TRUE, THERE ARE MUCH MORE PEOPLE OR FANS THAN ME. I WAS THERE EVERY GAME FOR HIS 5 YEARS. MOST FANS BAILED, HE DOES NOT HAVE TO ANSWER TO ME. AS I HAVE SAID, ALL THAT IS ASKED IS WIN MORE THAN YOU LOSE, NOW PUNT, AND MAYBE EVERY NOW AND THEN GET US TO A CHAMPIONSHIP. ALL I EVER REALLY WANT IS STUFF FROM THE COACH TO POST ON THE STAGS WEBSITE. I CAN TELL YOU ONE THING, I AM THE ONLY STAGS MAN ON LINE, SO ALL LOOK TO ME FOR MESSING WITH, GOOD DAY MY FRIEND

This is perhaps the MOST enlightening thread of Slickster's ideology we have ever seen.

An "Open Door Policy into the World of Slick."

:eek:

Truly, utterly.... frightening.

o_O

Clown, I know you've been to 10,000 games and all, but you have to let the coach COACH. He doesn't need anyone's counsel or advice except in fundraising and landscaping. If you're talking about the head coach attending monthly Booster Club meetings - then, certainly. But I think everyone is interpreting your statements as a weekly sit down with you and a few other to discuss football strategy and game plans.

If that's what you're looking for, you need to go get a job coaching. That's what the COACHES do on the weekends, buddy. They meet and game plan. Not seek the FANS approval....

;)

This is perhaps the MOST enlightening thread of Slickster's ideology we have ever seen.

An "Open Door Policy into the World of Slick."

:eek:

Truly, utterly.... frightening.

o_O

Clown, I know you've been to 10,000 games and all, but you have to let the coach COACH. He doesn't need anyone's counsel or advice except in fundraising and landscaping. If you're talking about the head coach attending monthly Booster Club meetings - then, certainly. But I think everyone is interpreting your statements as a weekly sit down with you and a few other to discuss football strategy and game plans.

If that's what you're looking for, you need to go get a job coaching. That's what the COACHES do on the weekends, buddy. They meet and game plan. Not seek the FANS approval....

;)
95.gif

COACH THEY CAN TAKE IT ANYWAY THEY WANT, BUT I AM NOT SITTING WITH ANYONE BUT MY FELLOW FANS AND NOT BIRD-DOGGING ANY COACH. SO LAST POST TO YOU CAUSE THE OTHERS ARE JUST CHIT-STIRRERS.

Randy is his own man, I m sure he knows Slicky and will speak to slick but has his way he is going to do things and DOES NOT need anyones help from the OUTSIDE.

If you want things posted on the website, then fine. Not sure what wasn't being posted there that you felt like should be but hey i'm on board with that. If you are implying that the coach needs to discuss with any fans his game plan or philosophy's then you have lost what little mind I thought you had. There is no circumstance where the coach should have to defend himself for his coaching decisions to the fans. To admin, absolutely, but to the fans no. That is a Pandora's box. If you want to coach and run a program, get your teaching cert and go get a coaching job. Please do not misunderstand, Cruze was an idiot for not punting. You should be upset about that choice, but he shouldn't have to justify it to the fans. If that is what he thought was the best thing to do, then that's what he should do. If it doesn't work out and he can't justify it to the admin's liking then he should and will be fired. However, it is his choice, he was hired to do that job not you.
The fact that you believe that he should be "communicating" with you(the fans) about what his football choices are is part of the problem with society and sports today in general. You've spent 50 years coaching little johnny's from around the area and now you believe that you know enough to tell the coach what he should and shouldn't be doing. If he doesn't listen then he should be fired cause the people in the stands are the real coaches. Let me know the last time any of you morons spent 8 hours of your weekend breaking down film, 5 more hours game planning for the next week, 3 more hours getting scripts and play charts ready for the week, 3-4 hours over the next 3 days at practice, JV game and the the real game on Friday night, all the while still constantly watching film to try and find any edge you can. Oh and did i forget that the majority of coaches TEACH AS WELL!! I'm not by any means saying that Cruze did any of that, but i know a lot of coaches that do. When you have put in the time and have the qualifications then you deserve to be spoken to about a game plan. I say that because if you have those qualifications and have put in that time then you are probably a coach or have been a coach before.
I hope that i am misunderstanding what you are saying and you don't feel like the coach should be discussing everything he is doing with the entire community. If I am misunderstanding, then i take my rant back.

I VAGUELY REMEMBER RANDY BUT WILL SEE HIM SOON, ONCE AGAIN, I SIMPLY WAS MAKING A POINT AND NEVER MET WITH COACHES ANYTIME, JUST FELT LIKE CRUZE COULD HAVE HAD MORE COMMUNICATION WITH THE FANS AND MAYBE HE WOULD HAVE NOT BEEN LABELED ARROGANT, I SIMPLY RUN A STAGS WEB SITE FOR THE FANS AND ONLY DESIRE INFO TO POST FROM COACHES. HOWEVER, WILL I POST IN NEWSPAPERS AND MEDIA WHEN I FEEL THE SHIP IS SINKING, HELL YES. I DID AFTER HE FIRED ALL OF BROWNS COACHES AND CHANGED EVERYTHING, AND WHEN I POSTED STUFF, I ALWAYS TRIED TO SAY THAT WAS MY OPINION. SO I AINT THE PERSON MANY ASSUME HERE

ONCE AGAIN, I SIMPLY WAS MAKING A POINT AND NEVER MET WITH COACHES ANYTIME, JUST FELT LIKE CRUZE COULD HAVE HAD MORE COMMUNICATION WITH THE FANS

Communicate what though? Stats for the website? An interview for the website? Or scheme, personnel decisions and other things coaches discuss with each other before the week's game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT