ADVERTISEMENT

Rankings are out!

Its early - waiting to see how the end of football will help some of the key teams.
As far as individual - there are a few that look like a lock, but not as many as years past. Could be a lot of
dark horses and unknown guys making a play for the top spots.

Per these rankings and what I've seen in person, I'd say 138 4A is the deepest weight out there. 4 Returning placers that know how to wrestle along with Carron from LE, who let's just say, is not small for the weight.

Its early - waiting to see how the end of football will help some of the key teams.
As far as individual - there are a few that look like a lock, but not as many as years past. Could be a lot of
dark horses and unknown guys making a play for the top spots.

It sounds as if you are waiting to burst with information, so I'll ask:
* What key teams?
*Dark horses or unknown guys?

If I'm not mistaken, the number 1 guy at 182 played football for BS. Interesting to see how they look with him in their lineup. I don't know if he is the only one, or the only one of note coming off of the field.

Disappointed in the individual rankings. Some kids ranked that have not faced a tough wrestler all year, and some not ranked who should be there. Speaking mostly in the Horry County area.

I think the Carolina Forest 113 should be ranked. His only loss came in a 10-9 loss to Tito Colon of Goose Creek. Probably the toughest match Colon had all year. While on the topic of Carolina Forest the 152 and 160 have not beaten any tough or ranked wrestlers. Im not sure if their 195 is wrestling or not but he is powerhouse.

Isnt Reisen wrestling in NMB? I cant beleive he is not ranked. But I havent seen anything on him, not sure if hes hurt or what.

I missed Ellis from St James. Looked under 3A, forgot they moved up to 4A so he is ranked.

He has two losses, the other was to a NC qualifier. He should be, but probably better that he's not so he can stay under the radar. Speaking of not beating tough or ranked, you left out 108. The 152 has two losses, one to Ellis of St. James and one to an NC placer. 160 hasn't, and also has a number of losses. The 195 had "issues", maybe a suspension or something.

Reisen isn't at NMB anymore, he transferred to West Brunswick over the summer.

He has two losses, the other was to a NC qualifier. He should be, but probably better that he's not so he can stay under the radar. Speaking of not beating tough or ranked, you left out 108. The 152 has two losses, one to Ellis of St. James and one to an NC placer. 160 hasn't, and also has a number of losses. The 195 had "issues", maybe a suspension or something.

Reisen isn't at NMB anymore, he transferred to West Brunswick over the summer.

Well, he was under the radar. Lol.

Just my opinion only. When referring that a kid should be ranked, take a look at their head to head, common opponents & tourney results. The depth of talent from local dual meets isn't enough. Their may be a couple key matches many times, seldom 10-14. It's up to the coach and AD to schedule the team into the toughest competition they can find. That's where they will find a bracket & results with depth to compare for ranking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT