ADVERTISEMENT

Region play starts tonight for 4A ...

KG, have you seen Dorman play this season? If so, your thoughts? They throttled Irmo earlier in the season and have split a game a piece with Northwestern.

Solid. Lot of young players. Not going to win it all, but are competitive. Cortez Brown (?) is some kind of an athlete. They have a lot to choose from and Coach Ryan has a good program in place all the way down to the young kids and the funding to run it, so they always will win a lot of games. And they are in a region that is top heavy - got a few "should be no trouble" wins in that region, even though Boiling Springs seems capable by the scores I see.

They have solid group as Shaka stated couple big time athletes in brown and JJ arcega whiteside as well as couple of really good shooters and really solid big man... but think there pg play is weakest link based on what I saw.

Dorman has a very talented team. But from what I've seen they are not very good offensively consistently. Although Whiteside and Brown are good players they are not explosive scorers. Hillcrest is the strongest team I've seen in 4A. They are loaded and are good both defensively and offensively. Hooker and Shaw may be the best backcourt tandem in the state. Also, Gaffney has played extremely well with the return of Georgetown committ L.J Peak. I think right now the front-runners for the the state title is Hillcrest, Gaffney, Southpointe/Dorman.

Haven't seen Hillcrest play. Do they have an inside presence - a big man that can cause opponents trouble? One thing most teams lack in the upstate is a big man. That's why Peak rolls - playing against littler guys though no doubt he is talented when he wants to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT