ADVERTISEMENT

Region VII AAAAA

swampfox18

Bench Warmer
Apr 29, 2013
Goose Creek, SC
Looking at the final slate of games this region could really jumble up after 1st place. You look at the next 7 teams after Ft and it could go multiple ways. Now with that said there would need to be some teams lose like Summerville, Wando and WA plus teams pull out an upset like AR, JI and GC.
First lets look at Summerville they control their own destiny for 2nd place. If they win out they are 2nd but lets say they lose to Ft as expected (Summerville fans will disagree and should) but say they lose to Wando in the last game, That puts them 4-3. Now lets say that Wando loses to West Ashley and AR (Which would be an upset the way AR has played) then wins against Summerville, now they are 4-3 so Wando controls their own destiny if they win out they are 2nd but if they beat AR and Summerville but lose to WA that's 5-2, West Ashley has Ft this week then JI and Wando. So if WA loses to FT and wins out they are 5-2 tied with Wando but head to head has them second. The major player in this whole thing could be AR who would need to play better then they have. If AR wins out that puts them at 4-3 holding the head to head against Summerville and Wando, losing out to WA. So looking at the next 3 games will be interesting. This Friday night could clear up the bottom half all Wando needs to do is beat AR then AR, GC and JI are playing for the last spot.
But it is possible that Summerville, Wando and AR could finish in a tie. Which then if it goes off head to head AR would be third (IF THEY WIN OUT), Wando 4th (IF they lose to AR and WA), Summerville 5th (IF they lose to Ft and Wando), then 6 place would eventually be between JI and GC. If GC beats JI this week that makes the JI and AR game interesting. With all that said here is my prediction for the region now.

1st Ft. D
2nd Summerville (Wins tie break against WA due to head to head)
3rd WA
4th Wando
5th JI
6th GC (Wins tie break against AR due to head to head)
7th AR (Loses Tie break to GC and beats Stratford)
8th Stratford (Tough year)

As I said the next 3 weeks will be interesting especially if AR upsets Wando, but AR problem is now the Defense can't stop anyone and the offense that used the running game against Summerville is now one dimensional and can't throw the ball. Last time they looked like they could throw was against Summerville when they had the two QB system since they have chosen to run the spread option and they struggled. Even against GC they could run but couldn't pass when needed plus when you are up by 11 with 5:52 left you shouldn't lose the game but the defense couldn't stop anyone and with 1 minute left why hand the ball off just keep it in the QB hands.
I give AR props for finally committing to one thing or the other but it looks like from the results it hasn't worked as they hoped. With that said it could work against the next 3 teams but like most teams once they figure out AR can't really throw anything but the bubble screen they stack the box and just blow everything up, then puts more pressure on a defense that is questionable.
I will also say it surprised me that they moved Duncan back to JV after doing so good, but in the same breathe if your not going to use him at least he is getting experience. Some of us fans wondered why not keep him as Varsity QB get his lumps out of the way (Not that he had many bumps to start but I am sure he would have eventually) but that is why we are fans. I will say this has been one interesting year for this region

Reactions: TheGreenMachine
NOT TRUE WE BEAT SADFORD AND COULD BEAT YALL, LIKE I SAID, YALL ALL ARE A WASE OF THE FORTS TIME.

The Wave are a pretty beat up team. Last week 4 out of 5 starters on the o-line didn't play and 2 of the D lineman have been gone for weeks.
And poor tackling is a major issue.
With that said they should beat Stratford Friday.
But then at Fort is not likely without some of the injured returning. And at Wando should be a slug fest. So I see the Wave possibly 6-4 at worst 5-5.

OLD MAN YOU NEED TO RETIRE, YOU CANT SEE THAT FAR ANYMORE, NEED TO PUT YOUR CLEMPSON AZZZ OUT TO PASTURE TOO

Thanks for the analysis Swampfox. If Summerville wins out we would finish in 1st place in the region; however, I have a better chance of winning the lottery than Summerville winning out. I watched Summerville struggle tonight against the worst Stratford team I ever seen on the field. They practically did not have an offense. We have two of the best receivers in the state in Shaq Davis and Cam Burnette but week in and week out run the ball straight up the middle on most plays. As you would expect defenses put 9 in the box and single cover our outstanding receivers because they know what we are going to run on offense. As a spectator you just sit in the stands and shake your head. We need to move some players around because we have several who should not be in the positions they are in. The coaches know who they are but refuse to make adjustments. It really is a shame for the entire team that our coaching staff is letting them down.

I sat in the stands tonight and almost decided to leave at halftime! Our OC is horrible!!!! Unfortunately we do not have a shot against Fort this week. Did I mention our OC is terrible? I'm pretty sure we got the ball back on our 40 with 1:25 left and we ran it 3 times and punted. Btw, our OC sucks! Stratford is not a good team, but we looked just as bad. I also saw #13 and OC get into a heated discussion on the sidelines. I can only assume it was about the lack of offense and the playcalling. I have watched Cam play for 4 years on this team, and never have I seen him yell or argue with a coach until tonight! To me that is not an issue of a kid with an attitude, it is an issue of a player wanting to win and a coach that is clueless! Just incase you forgot, our OC is awful! As GBG said, we have Cam and Shaq, which both are both good receivers, but we don't use them properly at all! Defense played great tonight and I am proud of them. #69 Dingle and #20 Brewer have been great for us this season. We are going to end up 6-4 or 5-5. Is that really what Summerville football has become? I think we can be much better than that!

P.S. Our O.C. SUCKS!!!!!!

I sat in the stands tonight and almost decided to leave at halftime! Our OC is horrible!!!! Unfortunately we do not have a shot against Fort this week. Did I mention our OC is terrible? I'm pretty sure we got the ball back on our 40 with 1:25 left and we ran it 3 times and punted. Btw, our OC sucks! Stratford is not a good team, but we looked just as bad. I also saw #13 and OC get into a heated discussion on the sidelines. I can only assume it was about the lack of offense and the playcalling. I have watched Cam play for 4 years on this team, and never have I seen him yell or argue with a coach until tonight! To me that is not an issue of a kid with an attitude, it is an issue of a player wanting to win and a coach that is clueless! Just incase you forgot, our OC is awful! As GBG said, we have Cam and Shaq, which both are both good receivers, but we don't use them properly at all! Defense played great tonight and I am proud of them. #69 Dingle and #20 Brewer have been great for us this season. We are going to end up 6-4 or 5-5. Is that really what Summerville football has become? I think we can be much better than that!

P.S. Our O.C. SUCKS!!!!!!

You and I are not alone in our frustration of our coaching staff. I know every kid on the field is doing the absolute best job they can and they are not at fault I completely agree with you about the end of the 1st half. We had plenty of time and timeouts left but decide to run the ball 3 times and punt. At this point we were up 8 - 0 heading into the half unlike Fort D who was up 48 - 3 at the half against this same team. I believe Joyner had well over 200 yards passing in the 1st half against Stratford so Summerville's game plan was to run the ball the entire game. I am really not looking forward to the Fort game next week as they are going to throttle us IMO. I believe our defense will keep it respectable in the first half but due to repeated 3 and outs by our offense they will simply get worn out in the 2nd half. Our offense is very simple to defend, just put 9 in the box because we will rarely pass the ball. So mrfootball4life, what do you think about our new OC?

The only way to effect
You and I are not alone in our frustration of our coaching staff. I know every kid on the field is doing the absolute best job they can and they are not at fault I completely agree with you about the end of the 1st half. We had plenty of time and timeouts left but decide to run the ball 3 times and punt. At this point we were up 8 - 0 heading into the half unlike Fort D who was up 48 - 3 at the half against this same team. I believe Joyner had well over 200 yards passing in the 1st half against Stratford so Summerville's game plan was to run the ball the entire game. I am really not looking forward to the Fort game next week as they are going to throttle us IMO. I believe our defense will keep it respectable in the first half but due to repeated 3 and outs by our offense they will simply get worn out in the 2nd half. Our offense is very simple to defend, just put 9 in the box because we will rarely pass the ball. So mrfootball4life, what do you think about our new OC?
The only way to effect change in the system is to reflect your displeasure in the stands. After 40+ years I no longer get excited on game day. Considering that one cannot even listen to the games on the radio, my interest wanes as a lifetime reserved seat ticket holder. It is little fun to sit in the stands and watch incompetent coaching when the only thing that seems to matter is to keep the coaching in the McKissick family. Joe Call in in charge and it is his responsibility to assure that his assistants do their jobs, and that does not appear to be the case. We, the taxpayers are paying the salaries of those coaches (teachers).

CRY, YALL DESERVE IT ALL, LETTING PAPA GET GRANDSON A LIFETIME JOB WITHOUT ANY EXPERIENCE, YALL SUCKED ANYWAY, THE DUTCH FORK COACH COULDN'T SAVE YALL.

You can say what you want, but we still beat your stags! Look the truth is anyone who watches us play knows we are limited at the QB position, but we can do things to make it easier for him. The defense staff sure seems to be able to coach up the kids on that side of the ball, but there is no leadership on the offensive staff that I can see! I did not have a problem with them giving Joe Call the job, but if he can't take control of his staff then that is a problem! Oh and I know I have been a little vague on my opinion of the OC, but since GBG asked I will reluctantly share my opinion on him lol...

The O.C. SUCKS!!!!!!!

right now fort is clicking on all cylinders offense and defense, special teams need work. our return is such a weapon that teams kick away usually giving us great field position.also we can score quick and we do have depth on defense despite losing 2 guys for rhe year. if summerville keep going 3 and out or turn it over alot. it will get ugly. if the wave cant muster points in the first half its going to be over. fort makes great 2nd half adjustments. many teams have not scored in second half vs us

Reactions: mrfootball4life
Fort has no competition in the region .besides fort i havent seen anyone playing solid ball.
I was off intime to go last night.i usually do after pulling multiple shifts.
I couldnt do it.hard to watch ..

Mrfootball4life we were so vocal in the stands last night that several fans sitting near us moved at halftime. We were sitting in front of the box so there is no doubt many of the coaches heard our displeasure.

Mrfootball4life we were so vocal in the stands last night that several fans sitting near us moved at halftime. We were sitting in front of the box so there is no doubt many of the coaches heard our displeasure.
I was sitting near the bottom and I could hear people yell all night! I could also hear some of the players on the sidelines and they were just as frustrated with it as we all were! Everyone seems to know it but the Offensive Coaches!

Wave fans us AR fans feel your pain. We all said when AR decided to try and be a read option team we would be more run then pass and it wouldn't work. Yes give us 5 turnovers and it might look like it works but We lose to a bad GC team, Get blown out by Ft and Lose to Wando. I will say it now rather we win This week and next AR should go ahead and prepare for next year. If we make the playoffs great it gives them another week to get more practice and experience. I would have Montgomery (If healthy) playing all over the field Off, Def, Special teams and Duncan at QB.
The thing that bothers me though is now if Duncan comes back and from what I hear really hasn't gotten any work with varsity things may not be like they were back in Aug/Sept. But as I said I would prepare him for the next two games and for the next year.
Everyone knew this year was more of a rebuilding year and instead of using it as a rebuilding year AR used it as a screw around year. Every week on the Defense side they change from one thing to the other yet instead of correcting and teaching its lets throw this in and see what happens.
Yes last year AR won close games and this year losing the same close games and that is football but when you know that you are down that's when coaching comes in. Last year the coaches knew on offense that they had leaders and on defense they had some leader. This year when you don't have that the leaders are the coaches and I've heard coaches blaming everyone but themselves from the offensive side to the defensive side. Talk about needing change Wave fans well AR needs a change of attitude

I hate to complain as the Wave have won 3 in a row. But it's playoff time and this team has potential to go through the brackets but after the offense l saw Friday night there not going far. I also understand they have 4 starters out on the O-line but why do we always run up the middle and when we pass it's 30 yards up the field. Do they not see the middle of the field is wide open? Bring Burdette in motion and drag him across the middle hit him and let him run.
How about a reverse on the option. Better yet come down the line on the option and throw the backside post.
It's just mind blowing that we continue to run the same 3 or 4 plays and punt. Hopefully they can get it together this week or it could get mighty ugly these last two games.

Go Wave

I hate to complain as the Wave have won 3 in a row. But it's playoff time and this team has potential to go through the brackets but after the offense l saw Friday night there not going far. I also understand they have 4 starters out on the O-line but why do we always run up the middle and when we pass it's 30 yards up the field. Do they not see the middle of the field is wide open? Bring Burdette in motion and drag him across the middle hit him and let him run.
How about a reverse on the option. Better yet come down the line on the option and throw the backside post.
It's just mind blowing that we continue to run the same 3 or 4 plays and punt. Hopefully they can get it together this week or it could get mighty ugly these last two games.

Go Wave
Maybe a solid beat down would be beneficial as the real culprits of the team are exposed.

Well the injury bug has hit AR as well and looks like there is a big change coming too. Just hearing some things that are happening that will make you scratch your head. But then again AR has done a lot of that in the past. AR should win the next two games regardless but boy someone must have made a coach mad if what I am hearing is true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT