ADVERTISEMENT

SC Native Christian Stokes drafted in National Pro Fastpitch (NPF)

NA_JACKET

Varsity All American
Nov 7, 2001
So proud of our Carolina Elite Alums. I had been posting updates on twitter and honestly got out of hand when we had so many good things to post so I had to back off. Since there have been a couple of firsts in the last two years I had to put out for everyone to see. Christian Stokes(Kentucky Wildcats - Chesterfield High) became the first Elite player drafted in National Pro Fastpitch! Last season Alaynie Page (South Carolina Gamecocks - Boiling Springs) became its first All American player. Both of these young ladies where part of Tony Genovese's first big Sr class in 2012. These players (Class of 2012) set the bar real high!

http://www.ukathletics.com/news/kelsey-nunley-christian-stokes-selected-in-2016-npf-draft-04-14-2016

Reactions: tcollie
So proud of our Carolina Elite Alums. I had been posting updates on twitter and honestly got out of hand when we had so many good things to post so I had to back off. Since there have been a couple of firsts in the last two years I had to put out for everyone to see. Christian Stokes(Kentucky Wildcats - Chesterfield High) became the first Elite player drafted in National Pro Fastpitch! Last season Alaynie Page (South Carolina Gamecocks - Boiling Springs) became its first All American player. Both of these young ladies where part of Tony Genovese's first big Sr class in 2012. These players (Class of 2012) set the bar real high!

http://www.ukathletics.com/news/kelsey-nunley-christian-stokes-selected-in-2016-npf-draft-04-14-2016
Had a conversation with Lexi Davis (auburn) dad the night of the draft, we were discussing her draft potential (she is all time win leader at AU) and she had to make herself available to be drafted and chose not to. It's unfortunate the pay is so low most girls prefer to go on with their chosen career.

College ball is marketed well by ESPN, but those pro games are blah to watch. Needs a major makeover to attract viewers which create higher pay.

Had a conversation with Lexi Davis (auburn) dad the night of the draft, we were discussing her draft potential (she is all time win leader at AU) and she had to make herself available to be drafted and chose not to. It's unfortunate the pay is so low most girls prefer to go on with their chosen career.

College ball is marketed well by ESPN, but those pro games are blah to watch. Needs a major makeover to attract viewers which create higher pay.
I have no idea what Christian will do but what many of the pro players have done is use the pro league to help them secure grad assistance roles (colleges like that NPF connection) at major colleges so the can get post grad stuff paid for. After that it don't see any payoff any further down the line. If we can ever get softball back in the Olympics I think you will see more players give the pros more thought. I wish the NPF had a more local venue to our area but it doesn't.

Reactions: tcollie
Whether these young lady's know it or not. The SC is up on its softball. The names are public.it becomes something and a way to get a good job.

Stay in softball. Do your absolute best. This SC state remembers. You become a top shelf potential employee.

It is the power of a stick and ball state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT