ADVERTISEMENT

SCISA Teams and Players

Jun 15, 2006
This site has been about SCHSL school and players but there are a few teams in SCISA that have great players as well. There are a handful of SCISA teams that have players that play for very good travel teams. Laurence Manning Academy recently beat East Clarendon 5-1 and EC is ranked the #1 school in Class A which is where LMA would be if competing in SCHSL. These kids need to be recognized. They play against or with a lot of the girls that are on the Top 10 list.

Not sure but I do know that Madison Cantley at Laurence Manning has completed a profile. Where can you see the player profiles.

A lot of the top 10 players (8) play on one of the Carolina Elite teams. Jets 1 and Bandits 1. I know there are SCISA players out there that many never hear about. Ansley Ard at USC from a few years back would be one of those. Most knew her from high level travel clubs and not school ball. If you watch them put their names out here.

There are several girls in SCISA playing for Carolina Elite Teams. One playing for the Carolina Aftershock 16u which will be playing showcase tournaments this year and a couple with the Sandhill Slammers. I just wish these girls would get their names out there.

Emily Demonte P Thomas Sumter Academy - Undecided

Player above plays with Carolina Elite and was listed on the players to watch. Lets get some more on here in this thread. I rarely see SCISA teams play so I can't add much to this conversation. How about name, school and travel club?

Lots of good players in the SCISA Schools, and quality teams, especially in the lower Midlands/Pee Dee areas. Laurence Manning, Wilson Hall, Williamsburg, Lee Academy, Marlboro, Thomas Sumter - all have players on quality travel teams but don't get the coverage that the larger public schools get.

No coach comes to a high school game except maybe the state title hoping to find a player. If you see one there then they have been following a kid since the fall and want to see a little more or they want the kid to see that they are there hoping to gain favor
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I can only speak for Laurence Manning girls. But we have Juniors Maggie Eppley and Hannah Hodge who played some last year with Carolina Reign and Sandhills Slammers,Sophomore Courtney Beatson who also played with Carolina Reign and Sandhills Slammers, Sophomore Madison Cantley who played with Carolina Aftershock (Evans) and Senior Emily McElveen. McElveen did not play travel ball but is probably one of the best players. She is going to play basketball in college and I have also heard that a few of the schools has also said she could play softball for them as well. Laurence Manning has beaten the only 2 public schools that they have played. They beat defending A state Champion East Clarendon 5-1 and AAA team Manning High 23-0.

I have heard college coaches come to high school softball games to see how a player on their radar adjusts to a truly competitive 7 inning game. And not just for championship games.

See how the players react ... adjust ... and that the main problem with travel softball is that the coaches do not get to see what happens when the chips are down. That travel softball does not know what that means???

It is March folks !!! Not June.

This post was edited on 3/22 9:14 PM by BS100

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT