ADVERTISEMENT

Summerville wins 5-1

Andrews played S Florence in a pre season tournament and they were young and not a real good hitting team. I'm sure they're better now but still don't see Summerville losing there.

Wando scores first on a couple of misplayed balls and a couple of hits. Could have been a big inning for Wando, but Ville defense limited the damage and came back to score 2. Timely 2 out hit by Ville took the score up to 4-1 and they added one more later. GREAT run saving catch by Ville CF; very athletic kid.

I think Summerville wins state. They are older team, too many physical weapons. To date, best team Fort Mill (still alive in upstate 4A) has seen.

I think Summerville wins state. They are older team, too many physical weapons. To date, best team Fort Mill (still alive in upstate 4A) has seen.

WOW!!! I would like to see a lower state team win, but it sure seems the upper state is dominating 4A softball. I am trying to rememeber the last lower state team to win the 4A championship. Been a while, or maybe I just forgot...
In order for your prediction to become reality, they will need to tighten up their D, hit 1-9 and as always get some breaks along the way.
CONGRATS and best of luck to all those still playing.

Last edited:

WOW!!! I would like to see a lower state team win, but it sure seems the upper state is dominating 4A softball. I am trying to rememeber the last lower state team to win the 4A championship. Been a while, or maybe I just forgot...
In order for your prediction to become reality, they will need to tighten up their D, hit 1-9 and as always get some breaks along the way.
CONGRATS and best of luck to all those still playing.
Its been a 7 year run for the upper state. If you look at the reality all those teams had D1 pitching talent in the circle. There was only one year that the lower state had a pitcher sign D1 and she had to face Leslie Jury at JL Mann arguably one of the top three pitchers this state has produced. Last year was the most evenly matched the 4AAAA title game has been in a long time. Its also important to note all seven of those upstate pitchers worked with Rick Pauly who coaches at Georgia now. That option isn't available for many to use now. If the pitching evens up so will lower state chances.

Carly Heath. North Augusta, she's in my daughters travel org, incredible talent and usc commit. That team wins lower at some point next 3 years imho

Carly Heath. North Augusta, she's in my daughters travel org, incredible talent and usc commit. That team wins lower at some point next 3 years imho
They had a shot this year but with her getting a little dinged up hurt their chances. Its nothing a few days of rest wont heal but you don't have that choice in the playoffs.

You both are in a strong organization. Good luck this summer!

Reactions: tcollie
Cayla Drotar also worked with Rick for about a year or so. 3A though.
The list is long with girls he worked with that are top level. If I broke down every class it would not shock me if he coached at least half of the state champion pitchers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT