ADVERTISEMENT

Team rankings out

Jan 19, 2014
I guess everyone agrees with the pre season rankings on SC Mat. No chatter?
Come on, where is the pre season smack talk?

Alright I'll bite. By the end of the season Mauldin will have crept up into the top 15 even though they got left out entirely of the pre-season poll. That's the only glaring omission that I saw in the rankings.

Wrestling season is here, and all we can get out of almost 200 views is Mauldin is good?? Come on guys!!

They messed up on Battery Creek. Buford accidently sent out Coach Day's whole lineup in the preseason rankings instead of returning qualifiers.

Im not sure I understand how Rock Hill gets the top spot in the 5A category. There are four times with at least one more returning qualifier than they have... That said, always difficult to say that RH is not in the mix. I think Fort Mill should take the top spot, followed by either B Springs or Fort D with RH rounding up the top 4. Dorman is also obviously in that top tier in my opinion -- they just lost a fair amount of their heavy hitters. Ashley Ridge has some great talent returning as well, but typically the previous five produce better lineups top-to-bottom. I think the top 5 (inserting FD and removing AR) are the legitimate team contenders this go round in 5A. The next tier includes AR and Lexington, and the next tier are those left. I also agree about Mauldin. Thoughts on a P4P Top Ten Teams? P4P Top Ten to Twenty SC wrestlers across the board?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT