..... The Good Guys....

dfoldman

Varsity All American
Aug 21, 2005
Dutch Fork- 41
Spring Valley- 14

Pickens- 48
Palmetto- 7

Chalk a couple up for the good guys how about it....

Pickens is not quite as bad as I thought. I think they would probably like to have those first couple games back to do over... and the Wren game, the week Coach Isaacs was murdered...last thing on their mind was football. Have played well against Palmetto, Daniel and hung in there in to the 4th quarter with Seneca. Giving a little glimmer of hope. Just hope for a good showing against BHP to close out Coach Boggs' first season.

Dutch Fork... In spite of the naysayers, I believe Coach Knotts will have them in good shape by the time playoffs arrive. Remaining games are L-E to end the season, which they should win, and coming up next is the showdown with a good Westwood team at Dutch Fork. Hope there is a huge DF crowd on hand. Wish I could be there.

Foldman......no, Pickens is not much better. Just blessed that the West Oaks and Palmettos of the world lie in their path. About your usual Pickens squad of late over there.

In my world the good guys now reside down in the midlands at River Bluff. Lost a close one to Lexington last week, and about let them beat them twice as they overcame themselves to pull out a win at North Augusta.

As for your Foxes, have noticed some of your more interesting arguments with others over that program. You might as well save your breath. Knotts is a great high school coach. But everybody hates a winner, especially when that winner lacks much of a personality. Assume as long as he is at DF they will be fine and in the mix most every year.

Foldman......no, Pickens is not much better. Just blessed that the West Oaks and Palmettos of the world lie in their path. About your usual Pickens squad of late over there.

In my world the good guys now reside down in the midlands at River Bluff. Lost a close one to Lexington last week, and about let them beat them twice as they overcame themselves to pull out a win at North Augusta.

As for your Foxes, have noticed some of your more interesting arguments with others over that program. You might as well save your breath. Knotts is a great high school coach. But everybody hates a winner, especially when that winner lacks much of a personality. Assume as long as he is at DF they will be fine and in the mix most every year.

At this point olcoach, I'll take "not much better"...... some better is better than no better...ha. Was not particularly referencing the West-Oak, Walhalla or Palmetto games, though the score and the ease with which The Flame won the Palmetto game was a bit surprising. Thought they would win, but assumed it would be closer, especially on the road. The ones that make me raise an eyebrow was going into the 4th quarter in a good game with Seneca, only down 14-6, and playing DWD a close game. I know the Lions are down this season, but I expected a whuppin' nonetheless- and we all know Seneca has been laying the wood all season. Like you said, not much better, but I'll take it in small bites at this point. I hope they continue to play a little better and have a decent game against BHP.

Fox-haters abound, kinda like Dfold-haters...haha. I know Knotts will make the very best with what he has and the three losses do not bother me too much, as he has taken three loss teams to the state title games, and won a title with a three loss team.....haters gonna hate....as they say. Some of the lake crowd accuse me of rose colored glasses for the Foxes, while that jet-ski riding crew is beating a bunch of Columbia area 3A teams... I'm not duly impressed and they get all butt-hurt. The ability to beat Swansea and the ability to beat Dorman are two different beasts.

River Bluff is a nice school and going to be a force to reckon with in all sports.

At this point olcoach, I'll take "not much better"...... some better is better than no better...ha. Was not particularly referencing the West-Oak, Walhalla or Palmetto games, though the score and the ease with which The Flame won the Palmetto game was a bit surprising. Thought they would win, but assumed it would be closer, especially on the road. The ones that make me raise an eyebrow was going into the 4th quarter in a good game with Seneca, only down 14-6, and playing DWD a close game. I know the Lions are down this season, but I expected a whuppin' nonetheless- and we all know Seneca has been laying the wood all season. Like you said, not much better, but I'll take it in small bites at this point. I hope they continue to play a little better and have a decent game against BHP.

Fox-haters abound, kinda like Dfold-haters...haha. I know Knotts will make the very best with what he has and the three losses do not bother me too much, as he has taken three loss teams to the state title games, and won a title with a three loss team.....haters gonna hate....as they say. Some of the lake crowd accuse me of rose colored glasses for the Foxes, while that jet-ski riding crew is beating a bunch of Columbia area 3A teams... I'm not duly impressed and they get all butt-hurt. The ability to beat Swansea and the ability to beat Dorman are two different beasts.

River Bluff is a nice school and going to be a force to reckon with in all sports.

Obsessed with Chapin much??? They are having a good year. Let them have it. If AC Flora or Dreher were 8-0 nobody would be talking about the schedule. Dorman and Dutch Fork have about 1000 more students to choose from than Chapin. Silly comparison.

Reactions: irish46112
I guess the 3A Columbia area teams are just inferior according to dfoldman....

Inferior?.... I'm not sure I would use that word....perhaps gawd-awful.... fairy-dust covered, sequin wearing, florist-pixies...there, I think that says it better. While bashing the tanning jet ski riders is fun, its not nearly as fun as bashing those snaggle-toothed, mouth-breathing, cousin lovers from Red Bank.... but almost as much fun.

And I may not have have referenced Dreher, Flora or B-C specifically, but the visceral contempt covers them as well, so alas do not feel left out.

And if Ridge View is so horrible...Chapin, Dreher, Flora or B-C.....perhaps schedule them in lieu of Eau Claire or Columbia High... let me know how that works out for you. I'll ask TK to take some photos from the State Championship game and send them to you so you guys can see what it looks like.

I say Ridge View because Chapin smoked them 21-7 in just two quarters of play. Hate to see how bad it would have been had it been four quarters. I can say they wouldn't have beat us like they did your "overrated" team though. After those two quarters of butt whoopin, we were able to go out and enjoy our toys on the lake and work on our tans, unlike you....

Last edited:
It could be from the sidelines, as somebody might feel sorry for him and let him stand down where winning teams stand....

It could be from the sidelines, as somebody might feel sorry for him and let him stand down where winning teams stand....

.... oh.....a pre-season "jamboree" ... that's right up there with a passing league "W"....lol.... please children...please. I say without hesitation, DF would "curb-stomp" Chapin's candy-ass from endzone to endzone.... Just like Dorman would.... You keep beating up these Columbia 3A yokels...talk to me when South Pointe, Seneca or Greer come calling....lol....another whuppin'. TK will have the foxes in Williams Brice for another shot, while the Chapinites are winterizing their pontoons.

No tan time here irish.... there was snow on the mountains around town a couple nights ago... winter comes early in the Hindu Kush...

Curb stomping, yet losing to Ridge View? Yeah, that makes sense, when you look at everything through rose colored glasses. When your done hitting that jug of shine, why don't you come out to Chapin and start winterizing our summer toys....

No dog in the fight here but I'm confused. Are some people trying to claim that chapin would beat dutch fork? I've seen both teams play several times and if they played 10 times df would easily win 9. They have 600 more kids though so that's to be expected. I agree with oldman. Chapin will struggle with the top 3a teams in the playoffs and midlands 3a is pretty terrible.

Curb stomped? No. Beat 9-times out of 10? Not this year's Chapin team vs this year's DF team. Beat 5 or 6 times out of 10? I could maybe believe that....

Curb stomped? No. Beat 9-times out of 10? Not this year's Chapin team vs this year's DF team. Beat 5 or 6 times out of 10? I could maybe believe that....
Youre delusional if you think chapin and df are even. Df beat dorman and blythewood and killed sumter. Chapin would lose to all of those teams. Sure ridge view beat them....on a Tuesday night after the flooding and 1 day of practice. DF is better than chapin plain and simple. Pretty silly argument if you ask me.

I know you've been called worse...."Irish"......that's god awful....lol

ND and Chapin fan- dual epic fail.

If you are coming to the Hindu Kush to winterize "my toys".... you are late.

ADVERTISEMENT