ADVERTISEMENT

The Union Legion Cluster#$%& Continues

COHAZE

Five Star Prospect
Nov 12, 2004
According to the Gaffney Facebook page, Union Post 22 forfeited a doubleheader yesterday. Can Tommy Ford's Traveling Allstars be far behind?

Reactions: sadd66
Idiotic to have 2 teams for Union. Not enough high schools/players in that area to make it fesible.

Now on the other hand. I find it hard to believe Greenville only has 1 legion team. They need 2!

If any of these teams fold in the upper state its really going to mess up with playoffs with 16 total teams.

The guy that coaches Union Post 22 is the head coach for USC-Union, which is moving to NJCAA Division I next year and will compete in the same league with Spartanburg Methodist. Ouch!!

Yeah, transitioning from club baseball to Region X JUCO, they're gonna get the crap kicked out of them. But, if Bubba Dorman can get kids to go to Salkehatchie, they'll eventually find enough to go to Union to be competitive. May take several years.

Look at this on positive side. Gives another 30 kids the opportunity to prove everyone else wrong on why they should of got a offer!

Never said it was a bad thing. I wish more kids could get the experience of playing college athletics. Mandatory study hall, 40-80 hours per week of practice, conditioning, travel, games, etc. That's some character building stuff. College sports were a great experience for both of my kids. To me, the level is pretty much irrelevant. Coach JUCO is going to demand just as much work, if not more, than Coach D1. I would love to see Spartanburg Community College and Greenville Tech add athletic programs.

I just wish fewer college athletes would opt for crip courses/majors. Odds are, baseball ain't ever gonna pay your bills, regardless of what level you play in college. Major in something that will lead to a good paying job.

With the right coach/recruiter, USC-Union could be a sleeping giant in baseball. Just don't know if the coach they have now is the right one.

With the right coach/recruiter, USC-Union could be a sleeping giant in baseball. Just don't know if the coach they have now is the right one.

Competitive, yeah. Not sure about the sleeping giant part. Union ain't quite as far out in the sticks as Salkehatchie. And there's more to do in/near Union than Salk. But, it still ain't gonna be appealing to a lot of kids. SMC, Sumter, Flo-Dar & USC-L will still get most of the better JUCO kids.

As far as the coach is concerned, I known nothing about him. But, a quick Google search indicates that he is out there actively signing kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT