ADVERTISEMENT

Those attending Nationals please keep us

So far
16U ASA Gold - Carolina Elite - Norton 9th
16U Premier - Carolina Elite - Fusetti/Genovese 9th
18U Triple Crown Nationals - Carolina Elite - Genovese 25th

18U Premier is this week and 10A, 12A, 14A, 16A ASA are this week.

So far the State teams have performed well. Carolina Elite - 14U Fisher played well at Premier but didn't have a great finishing position.

d4c8b208-c2fa-44a3-a14d-59e41f7b5e06.jpg

00e9d73c-a426-4eb5-ac06-76d35631818a.jpg

This post was edited on 7/28 4:43 PM by NA_JACKET

I'm not attending but I see that the Carolina Elite Gold won their first two games in bracket play , 3-1 and 10-0 . Box scores are at the link but there seem to be a lot of "unknown" players in the box score so info is somewhat limited . According to the Student Sports web site, the Elite had some jerseys stolen , so maybe that contributed to the incomplete box .
The SS web site picked 5 teams as favorites to win the tournament . One was the Corona Angels Tyson and that is the Elite's next opponent , at 2:45 west coast time on wednesday .

This post was edited on 7/29 11:06 PM by fastpitch11

scores

Car was broken into at Atlanta airport and jerseys among other items were stolen. Definitely has caused a problem.

In 10U ASA Nationals (Johnson City)......

Carolina Elite (0-2 in pool, lost to So Cal Athletics and TN Fury) - play their first bracket today at 10AM vs Kryptonite 03

Carolina Crush (1-1 in pool, beat DSA2K3 and lost to Worth Cobras) - play their first bracket today at 2PM vs So Cal Athletics

Palmetto Power (0-2 in pool, lost to Power Surge 03 and NWI Sox) - play first bracket today at 8AM vs All American Sports Academy

10U age group has always been a tough deal for SC teams. 12U some of the same because some of these larger places just have more mature (bigger) kids to chose from. Not a issue at 14U up as most girls that didn't grow early have started to catch up with the others.

This post was edited on 7/30 11:02 AM by NA_JACKET

Carolina Fire is 2-1 in bracket. Play one more game tonight against the Impact Gold. Lost a game we shouldn't have, but isn't that always the case/excuse. Haha. Girls are reppin the great state of SC well. Wish us luck tonight

This post was edited on 7/31 6:18 PM by damendez

Carolina Fire 3-1 in bracket at 18U ASA nationals. Just defeated Texas Impact Gold 5-0, play tomorrow morning.

Lady Lightning Gold Team Miken finishes 9th at PGF Nationals and receives 2015 Qualifing Berth.
This post was edited on 8/2 10:24 AM by LLPCOACH

The Palmetto Power 10u coached by Jamie Reese, had a great week at the USA/ASA A Nationals. We played some great competition. 4 out of our 5 games were against California teams. One of them finished 2nd ( OC Batbusters) and another finished 5th ( Power Surge). We won our first bracket game against the All American Sports Academy, CA. This was a great experience for our girls and we can't wait to go back!

16A Nationals in VA

Carolina Elite Fusetti 25th
Carolina Elite Rushing 33rd
Sand Hills Slammers 65th
Simpsonville Angels 97th

Having watched every "Live Stream" game at the ASA 16U Nationals, I was thoroughly impressed with the work ASA has done in providing this service, and having an inclusive national tourney on the east coast.

Coach Dana Fusetti has done a tremendous job with her team, and helping elevate her team members to reach another level, in a short period of time.

She argues with the best of them, especially about runners and 2nd base during the International tie breaker (times 4). Though she lost this particular argument, after going back and forth to the Tourney Directors, knowing her ... She was probably correct.

All still, even 300 miles away, I enjoyed watching the young lady jump around, pace the ground, and emphatically make her point to Blue, even if it did come up short.

Thank you NAJacket, enjoy the picture. I am a HS guy as all know. Please look at the one in the cap. She is one of ours, and we are super proud of the elevation this summer. A bunch of really hard work? I am honored for this family, they deserve it.

The same goes for the coaching staff who created the environment for this development. THANKS ... But the kudos goes to the kid!!!!!

BS Pitcher ...

This post was edited on 8/17 2:47 PM by BS100

Young Lady made a name for herself this summer especially in Nationals. Some lucky college will be getting a good one! I look for her to have a big season for BS this year!

Team NC 16U Elite/Trull Finished 7th at 16U nationals in Salem, VA had 3 girls from SC on their team. This team also finished 5th in the 16U Platinum Division in the Triple Crown Nationals in Atlanta, GA playing under the organization Williamsburg Starz Gold.

Darby Trull - OF (Nations Ford High School)
Kaylyn DeVaney- C/3rd (Southside Christian)
Olivia Henson- P (Gaffney High School)

10U Carolina Elite finished 17th in Johnson City, TN This team based in NC had SC players on the roster.

Thank you for the feedback. Gaffney's Olivia Henson is an up and coming stud. You all should be proud. Have watched her pitch. Faced her pitching ... She is all that!!!!!

Boiling Spring's McKenna Quinn is in the same boat, in my opinion. Should be a great, great dual. Possibly two great pitchers canceling each other out, and the bats having their say. It will be a different equation in the UpState HS this year, with Gaffney entering the fray after a several year dormancy.

Super excited about the upcoming HS year. Way early, I know.

Thanks so much for the update though. I knew Olivia was out there just did not know where, and so glad she is doing the same.

This post was edited on 8/19 8:51 PM by BS100

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT