ADVERTISEMENT

Tournaments

Noles0509

Two Year Starter
Apr 7, 2015
What are the best preseason tourneys and spring break tourneys to play in in SC?

What are the best preseason tourneys and spring break tourneys to play in in SC?
My person favorites are preseason - Walterboro Tournament
Spring Break I still like Aiken because its 7 inning softball. With spring break at different times around the state it can be hard to participate in some tourneys.
Azalea I like but I don't see the pluses many still do. Before the rule change limiting games it was easily one of the top tournaments in the immediate area.
Crescent is my favorite to attend as a fan. Small town charm, top teams and good food. Tradition at the school is unequaled in the state. The last few times I was there they weren't 7 inning games.
Some years Bishop England tournament has been good. Its early and maybe pre season. The Pee Dee tournament in Florence is a good one too.
If you are chasing good teams I would expect Byrnes tournament to be good in 2017.

I like Walterboro pre season, lots of ball and ran on tight schedule. 1 hr slots and play 5 times in one day if I remember correctly. No trophies etc. Also not much in the way of accommodations nearby if coming from out of state.
AIT is not the AIT of old. Sad, but with the rule changes, there is no going back. Still a good tourn and Charleston area can be nice place to spend spring break.
BE tournament is now ran by Summerville.
If coming from out of state, compare your home state rules to SC tourn rules in regards to how many games are allowed. Rule differences may drive you to one tourn more than the other or entice you to stay local.

Reactions: NA_JACKET
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT