ADVERTISEMENT

Union County

sadd66

Rookie
Jun 2, 2010
40 applicants for the job. This past Friday was the deadline. March 14 is the date for a recommendation to the school board.

Does Branchville have a community that must be appeased, a school board that wants to be involved in day-to-day football activities, and a student body that must be "guided" to remain eligible for athletic competition?

There's a LOT more to that Union job than "tradition" and some State Championships YEARS ago...

:rolleyes:

WHAT?!

Who'd they hire?
Branchville hasn't hired yet. And they don't have any teaching positions from what I'm told.

Was told that Edisto offered Chris Carter but he's staying at Lake Marion; I also heard they offered to Allen Sitterle and he turned them down. Not sure now what they will do but I had originally heard Felder's name mentioned in the mix.

Branchville hasn't hired yet. And they don't have any teaching positions from what I'm told.

Was told that Edisto offered Chris Carter but he's staying at Lake Marion; I also heard they offered to Allen Sitterle and he turned them down. Not sure now what they will do but I had originally heard Felder's name mentioned in the mix.

District sounds like a cluster.

Some coaches prefer the lesser known jobs, put of the limelight, just want to coach football. Mullikin would get the job done.

Reactions: goheels1977
David Bennett? Exactly why in the world would he leave River Bluff for Union?

David Bennett? Exactly why in the world would he leave River Bluff for Union?
Have you ever had to deal with Softball and Volleyball people at a school the size of River Bluff? I would think headache relief would be why he would be considering it.

Not saying he is; I have not heard that.

Have you ever had to deal with Softball and Volleyball people at a school the size of River Bluff? I would think headache relief would be why he would be considering it.

Not saying he is; I have not heard that.

He did apply. I think JB hit the nail on the head as to why. UC would be a lot less of a headache from an AD perspective.

But maybe a lot more headaches from a school board perspective. But I don't know what school board headaches he may have now. Good man.

River Bluff.... I keep seeing the new, incredible facilities... meeting their boundless list of high quality coaches... and listening to Bennett preach, teach and joke about life on the Lake.

But I never, EVER hear about the administration or the teaching/duty loads on the coaches or the "community's" involvement/support/etc. of the Bluff.

Good setting or not so good setting? What say you all?

o_O

@dacoach I've been told the academics are set up like college.... 45 minute classes, only about 4-5 per day. The rest of the day is for research and project work. Teachers keep "office hours", cafeteria stays open continuously all day. Don't know if any of that is true, but that's the word that goes around.

They have modular scheduling with like 20 "modules" or periods a day that are like 25-30 minutes a piece. You may have 1 module of English but 3 modules of Math in a day and every day is different. Then they have something called ILT where student go to the cubicle office area and get help or whatever from the teachers there during that time. The coffee shop is open all day. Students are allowed to bring their lunch to class. There are no "desks" in the traditional sense. All furniture is "mobile" or easily to accommodate student preferences.

They have modular scheduling with like 20 "modules" or periods a day that are like 25-30 minutes a piece. You may have 1 module of English but 3 modules of Math in a day and every day is different. Then they have something called ILT where student go to the cubicle office area and get help or whatever from the teachers there during that time. The coffee shop is open all day. Students are allowed to bring their lunch to class. There are no "desks" in the traditional sense. All furniture is "mobile" or easily to accommodate student preferences.

Liberal America..........glad our grandparents aren't around to see it.

ADVERTISEMENT