ADVERTISEMENT

Upper State Contenders

Aug 28, 2013
How do last years upperstate contenders stack up this year? Did many of them lose alot? Teams like Daniel, Newberry, Landrum, Lewisville, Christ Church, Eastside...

Eastside lost guard (transfer), the key to Lewisville (is at AAAA Northwestern now), Newberry will be there again. not sure about the rest...

Good stuff guys. Yes, Davis seems to be one heck of a coach. Being a great player doesnt alwasy mean you're going to be a great coach but his kids at Lewisville definitely bought what he was selling. With that being said, 1A was not strong last year but still a tremendous accomplishment with what he had to work with. Wonder about Landrum too, I watched them play Newberry and they were totally overmatched in that one. I know they have won their region past couple years and have had solid teams during that time but didnt know if they had any returners.

if he moved to NW district the kid will be eligible. and SGA is right.. i was referring to Davis coaching.. he has some more to work with at NW, but those kids have to be willing to except his knowledge and not go against him... a lot of times bigger schools have more talent but i feel like the smaller schools (ie 1A and 2A) are playing for much more, i guess because they are from small community and play with more PRIDE...

No doubt kids at the lower levels and in smaller towns tend to play harder and with more school/community pride

Landrum lost the house, a 4 peat for region will be tough. They will be playing a lot of young kids over the next few years

It happens AR, however Landrum is a well coached team so they'll still be competitive. How strong is that region this year anyway?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT