ADVERTISEMENT

Upstate QB Rankings??????

Apr 14, 2016
All I can say is I needed a good laugh this afternoon and boy did I get it when I received this. This right here is why I do not pay any of my hard earned money for pay to view sites.

If you think Jackson Williamson is better than Jay Urich, then I don't know what to say. Even the college coaches back me up on this. Jay has 8 offers to Jackson's 1. Jackson's offer is not even a legit offer. Scott called the recruiter (who played at westside) and got him to offer hoping that others would follow suit and it aint happened.

Same thing with Dre. He will never play QB in college. Maybe slot receiver or db but never qb. Jay is so much better than him as a qb.
I don't know enough about Keegan. If those number are true, then not bad. I do know that's 2a football and woodruff has always been a big fish in little pond in that region. That coach can make anybody look good.
Alex Meredith took over a 1-10 team and broke every single season record there was at T.L. to a 8-5 record and almost beat defending state champs spartanburg in 2nd round. The numbers he put up against the competition he had to face was unreal.
Ben Batson is better than more than half the guys you got in front of him. He is one hell of a player. If he can get some guys around him, watch out.
You can just tell this is a "political" list and write up. Appreciate the laugh anyway.

1. Jay
2. Alex and or Ben

Reactions: birdcol
It's bad when westside people say the only reason Williamson came over was he was promised the starting job because he wasn't gonna start at Hanna when Alex got to high school he was gonna be the man. Well you seethe outcome. Hanna is gonna be the team to beat in Anderson county. Early may need to go ahead and try and get another job but it's gonna be hard to beat on what they are paying him

All I can say is I needed a good laugh this afternoon and boy did I get it when I received this. This right here is why I do not pay any of my hard earned money for pay to view sites.

If you think Jackson Williamson is better than Jay Urich, then I don't know what to say. Even the college coaches back me up on this. Jay has 8 offers to Jackson's 1. Jackson's offer is not even a legit offer. Scott called the recruiter (who played at westside) and got him to offer hoping that others would follow suit and it aint happened.

Same thing with Dre. He will never play QB in college. Maybe slot receiver or db but never qb. Jay is so much better than him as a qb.
I don't know enough about Keegan. If those number are true, then not bad. I do know that's 2a football and woodruff has always been a big fish in little pond in that region. That coach can make anybody look good.
Alex Meredith took over a 1-10 team and broke every single season record there was at T.L. to a 8-5 record and almost beat defending state champs spartanburg in 2nd round. The numbers he put up against the competition he had to face was unreal.
Ben Batson is better than more than half the guys you got in front of him. He is one hell of a player. If he can get some guys around him, watch out.
You can just tell this is a "political" list and write up. Appreciate the laugh anyway.

1. Jay
2. Alex and or Ben

Dre would start on a lot of teams in the state in front of a couple of guys you've mentioned. While I don't think he's a Power 5 prospect, primarily because of his size, at the high school level, a couple of the kids you mentioned would be looking to transfer if Dre was at their school.

Glad you registered JUST to give your input on the QB rankings. Funny how the only time we hear from certain people is when they want to give their opinion, which is worth exactly what it cost to post here (NOTHING). And if you're so passionate about it and KNOW you're right, post it with a real name and not some handle you created for the sole purpose of this post. If you're going to toss criticism, grow some balls. Oh wait, you can't; you're on staff at one of the boys schools you've mentioned. And I won't embarrass the kid by saying which one. (IP Addresses are cool).

I agree that Batson is a heck of a player; maybe if things work out you'll get to work with him some.

And don't believe everything you read on recruiting sites about how many offers kids have. Half of the "offers" that are listed for many kids are not actually offers. You should know that.

And FYI, nothing political about the rankings; coaches from the upstate had input on this list, as well. While I always have final say over the rankings we are doing, I do talk to the coaches - not about THEIR kid but about opposing kids.

No complaints here but just curious about your take on Colton Bailey of chapman? I know size is an issue but 3000 plus yards and over 30 TDS is impressive.

No complaints here but just curious about your take on Colton Bailey of chapman? I know size is an issue but 3000 plus yards and over 30 TDS is impressive.
I like Bailey; size will be a challenge. I had his numbers and but did not have his film. Coach does a fantastic job of promoting his players so I'm sure I'll have his film before we do our statewide rankings list.

What is funny is how everyone gets all fired up when they don't agree with what is published. In my opinion this is one persons opinion you don't have to like it or agree with it but its how they see it. Look at all the "professional analyst" they all have their own thoughts on who is better then whom. I like seeing where a person ranks a kid then where the kid actually falls and then what the kid actually does once they get to college. What I tell a kid is if you don't like where someone ranks you do something about it, only the kid controls what they do...Yes "Analyst" can market a kid but in the end if the kid does what he is supposed to then it will take care of itself.

I agree with JB about offers a lot of kids are told hey we like to offer you, but what they don't tell everyone else is it isn't a commitable offer. I could list tons of kids that said they had an "offer" from such and such school and that same kid end up being a walk on or end up going to a Division II school because the offer was just letting the kid knows if certain things happen they will be there. (Not knocking small schools) Some kids are offered and its not even for the position they play but they still say they have an offer and they don't have to tell the other school what position they were offered for. Its funny to see how many kids get these early offers but at the end it wasn't a real offer.

Last edited:
I will say this the young man from Woodruff is the real deal, I can tell you he will be special when it is all said and done.

The other thing I will say is this, the most important thing about any list is to get a young mans name out there and help him get some exposure. If you don't like or agree with the list put in some time and camp work and start up a website and post all the list you want. Sorry if that sounds a little harsh but I just don't think people should ever talk down about a young man and try to discredit someone's positive opinion about them, JB I thank you for the work that you put in and please keep getting these young men's name out there and promoting our sport in a positive way here in the midlands and around the state.

Mrfootball you are wrong to throw a kid under the bus like you did. Just think if it was your kid, how would you feel? Now if you are a coach that makes it even worse man. You can disagree with JB all day long and that is fine, it is just an opinion. You have yours and he has his. If you truly care about kids you will learn from this.

I agree with you on some points but I disagree with you on others. Just my opinion here.

Jackson should be #1 in this list. He led his team to a 11-2 record and was region champs. Westside destroyed Wren and Daniel and beat Hanna in overtime. He beat your top 3 head to head.
Now I agree with you on Woodruff. 2A football (now 3A) is much different than the new 5A. What you can do down in that league does not always translate when you move up. The players in 5A are as a whole much bigger stronger and faster. The competition you play against means everything. Ask any recruiter.

Now see how easy that was. We agreed on somethings but disagreed on others and no one got thrown under the bus.

jaa9263 Great post I challenge to go watch the kid from woodruff I think you will change your mind, and just think when you see him next year he will only be a sophomore. But once again thanks for only speaking on the positives of the kid that you feel is the best.

Funny- 2 of the tops kids are RECRUITS....... this is where high school football is. But I digress.......

I like all the kids listed.

jaa9263 Great post I challenge to go watch the kid from woodruff I think you will change your mind, and just think when you see him next year he will only be a sophomore. But once again thanks for only speaking on the positives of the kid that you feel is the best.

Thanks but I will be in the stands at "Westside South Carolina". Lol.
I'm sure he is great player or he would not be on this list. Please don't think I was being negative about him with the 3a and 5A comment. I was just showing the OP that I agree with him that there is a difference between the two when it comes to competition. A player with the same numbers in 3A will not get the credit that the player in 5A gets. The competition as a whole is just better in 5A. It's the same in college. An FCS player will never win the Heisman trophy. It's not that the player can't play its just he did not face the competition that the player in FBS saw. The probable number one pick in the NFL this year will be from and FCS school. He just can't win the Heisman because of the competition as a whole. Hope I made since.

Reactions: Jimmy Duke

1. Jay
2. Alex and or Ben

I don't think that mr football94 was throwing a kid under the bus. I think that was his way of saying how political he thinks these sites are...
I encourage you guys to look at the news lately and see who the real coaches are recruiting. I mean it's not that difficult. Look which kid has the most and best offers. There's your number one QB.PER college coaches just as mr football said!!

JB makes it difficult to really talk about this subject fairly. Notice he compares"returning Qbs"....not 2017 , 2018 by recruiting class ,so it's like apples and oranges anyway. ALLreturning Qbs are great... Which kid is the best and PROVEN best of 2017 based on honest offers by teams who do not have time to mess with kids they don't want? Somebody look up that info.... When kid is at D1 level ,coaches offer who they want to offer and don't have time to offer kids they don't want and play games.

Dre would start on a lot of teams in the state in front of a couple of guys you've mentioned. While I don't think he's a Power 5 prospect, primarily because of his size, at the high school level, a couple of the kids you mentioned would be looking to transfer if Dre was at their school.

Glad you registered JUST to give your input on the QB rankings. Funny how the only time we hear from certain people is when they want to give their opinion, which is worth exactly what it cost to post here (NOTHING). And if you're so passionate about it and KNOW you're right, post it with a real name and not some handle you created for the sole purpose of this post. If you're going to toss criticism, grow some balls. Oh wait, you can't; you're on staff at one of the boys schools you've mentioned. And I won't embarrass the kid by saying which one. (IP Addresses are cool).

I agree that Batson is a heck of a player; maybe if things work out you'll get to work with him some.

And don't believe everything you read on recruiting sites about how many offers kids have. Half of the "offers" that are listed for many kids are not actually offers. You should know that.

And FYI, nothing political about the rankings; coaches from the upstate had input on this list, as well. While I always have final say over the rankings we are doing, I do talk to the coaches - not about THEIR kid but about opposing kids.

I may be wrong here but don't the HIGH SCHOOL COACHES VOTE ON players for All State? WHy don't you check out the results of those awards... What kids were voted all state.... And the few voted first team all state as a JUNIOR.... And that would be?????
So I don't care who the guy is with the opinions above that greatly differ with yours... He is on the nose!! And that's NOT IMO. It's the votes from the SC HIGH SCHOOL COACHES!

1. Jay
2. Alex and or Ben

You got it right! Your number ONE was the ONLY QB underclassman VOTED BY ALL SC HIGH SCHOOL HEAD COACHES to the SC ALL STATE TEAM!
Not my opinion... FACT!

Please provide link. Thank you.
I'm too old for the computer except the basics. This would be public on the SC HIGH SCHOOL all state teams . They have first team second team. Most all are SENIORS on the first team. Hope this helps without my brain going into shock trying to provide a link. I do need to take a class. I'll check the senior center. I had the lil college student that works at the Rock Hill library frustrated the other day, but she was kind and did not show it. My apologies

JB
How can you rank a QB if you have not evaluated him in person? Division one coaches know that it requires an in person EVAL to truly EVAL a QB.

Ok... so... I feel like I have a little voice in this discussion so... here goes:

I like JB. I appreciate what he does for the kids in our state and I genuinely believe that he places the kid above the cash. However, in his role as an evaluator, he takes into account what is trending(think Unitas would get a 4-star rating today??), what is the latest mechanical fixation by coaches are(elbow level? no, shoulder extension! No, foot placement!), and comparing current QBs to the field of competition. He watches a bunch of film (that I assume coaches send to him through Hudl), tries to give frank evaluations and gives 110% effort at what he does. But he's just ONE GUY. You can take ANY kid to 5 camps, combines, evaluations - whatever you want to call it - and you will get numerous opinions and angles about what they see, think and would want. Trust me - been there and done that with 20 kids.

Ultimately, your student-athlete needs to work hard (in class and on field), produce results (although gaudy stats and wins are - again - not sure-fire ways to college), and be a leader for his team. These can get him more noticed and more highly regarded than a ranking on a website focused on state-level kids.

Don't like the evaluation or the rankings? Work on the things that person is looking for. Or, you could choose to take it with a grain of salt and move on. Or you could - which seems to be a better fit for SOME people - don't READ them at all!

I have hardly agreed with everything Jim Baxter says on here, his radio appearances or tv spots. On a few occasions I wanted to throttle him. :DHowever, he has been spot-on with many of his evaluations. And - I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH - his effort to get kids in our state ANY kid of exposure on local, state and national level CANNOT BE MEASURED! There is not a SINGLE other guy - Kornblut included - that does what JB does. People have been critical of him in the coaching circles that he tends to hype the guys he works with more that others. Hhhmmm.... let me get this straight: you go to a job and perform your task with your co-workers. You've seen the employees on the other floors, heard they are hard workers, and even seen their production numbers. So, now you are able to compare them to the people your work with... come on, folks. It's human nature. He's worked with these kids so he feels knowledgeable in bragging on their abilities...

If you feel you can do it better, by all means... step up to the plate and have at it. I'm sure JB can drive his Mercedes from his million dollar mansion on Lake Murray to bless you with a token of his wealthy time.... oh, wait. He has 3 jobs to pay bills, follow his son's careers and have a life? This website and his QB1 line is not a cash cow on the road to instant millionaire status??

Well, damn. No wonder no one else is doing it....

o_O

(sorry for the cuss word, JB)

teehee

The Clown didn't apologize for cussing JB. Feel free to ban him.

:D:D:D:D

Ok... so... I feel like I have a little voice in this discussion so... here goes:

I like JB. I appreciate what he does for the kids in our state and I genuinely believe that he places the kid above the cash. However, in his role as an evaluator, he takes into account what is trending(think Unitas would get a 4-star rating today??), what is the latest mechanical fixation by coaches are(elbow level? no, shoulder extension! No, foot placement!), and comparing current QBs to the field of competition. He watches a bunch of film (that I assume coaches send to him through Hudl), tries to give frank evaluations and gives 110% effort at what he does. But he's just ONE GUY. You can take ANY kid to 5 camps, combines, evaluations - whatever you want to call it - and you will get numerous opinions and angles about what they see, think and would want. Trust me - been there and done that with 20 kids.

Ultimately, your student-athlete needs to work hard (in class and on field), produce results (although gaudy stats and wins are - again - not sure-fire ways to college), and be a leader for his team. These can get him more noticed and more highly regarded than a ranking on a website focused on state-level kids.

Don't like the evaluation or the rankings? Work on the things that person is looking for. Or, you could choose to take it with a grain of salt and move on. Or you could - which seems to be a better fit for SOME people - don't READ them at all!

I have hardly agreed with everything Jim Baxter says on here, his radio appearances or tv spots. On a few occasions I wanted to throttle him. :DHowever, he has been spot-on with many of his evaluations. And - I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH - his effort to get kids in our state ANY kid of exposure on local, state and national level CANNOT BE MEASURED! There is not a SINGLE other guy - Kornblut included - that does what JB does. People have been critical of him in the coaching circles that he tends to hype the guys he works with more that others. Hhhmmm.... let me get this straight: you go to a job and perform your task with your co-workers. You've seen the employees on the other floors, heard they are hard workers, and even seen their production numbers. So, now you are able to compare them to the people your work with... come on, folks. It's human nature. He's worked with these kids so he feels knowledgeable in bragging on their abilities...

If you feel you can do it better, by all means... step up to the plate and have at it. I'm sure JB can drive his Mercedes from his million dollar mansion on Lake Murray to bless you with a token of his wealthy time.... oh, wait. He has 3 jobs to pay bills, follow his son's careers and have a life? This website and his QB1 line is not a cash cow on the road to instant millionaire status??

Well, damn. No wonder no one else is doing it....

o_O

(sorry for the cuss word, JB)
Was that to me coach? I'm a rookie in here so I still can't 'get' everything much less see!

Mrfootball you are wrong to throw a kid under the bus like you did. Just think if it was your kid, how would you feel? Now if you are a coach that makes it even worse man. You can disagree with JB all day long and that is fine, it is just an opinion. You have yours and he has his. If you truly care about kids you will learn from this.

I agree with you on some points but I disagree with you on others. Just my opinion here.

Jackson should be #1 in this list. He led his team to a 11-2 record and was region champs. Westside destroyed Wren and Daniel and beat Hanna in overtime. He beat your top 3 head to head.
Now I agree with you on Woodruff. 2A football (now 3A) is much different than the new 5A. What you can do down in that league does not always translate when you move up. The players in 5A are as a whole much bigger stronger and faster. The competition you play against means everything. Ask any recruiter.

Now see how easy that was. We agreed on somethings but disagreed on others and no one got thrown under the bus.
But one thing you HAVE TO REMEMBER IS THAT YOUR QB S WORTH cannot be evaluated by the whole team. If you have 11 athletes on offense including the QB .... It really helps the QB! Of your QB out weighs out athletes and out sizes at least 9/10 of the entire offensive 11 by far... You cannot evaluate the QB based on what others can or just cannot do!

But one thing you HAVE TO REMEMBER IS THAT YOUR QB S WORTH cannot be evaluated by the whole team. If you have 11 athletes on offense including the QB .... It really helps the QB!
IF your QB out weighs your biggest o lineman by 10 pounds and 5 inches..out athletes....and just is a much better athlete that his entire offensive squad by far... You cannot evaluate the QB based on what others can or just cannot do!
Itvtakesbteam effort but it takes talent and the INTANGABLES! Just like if you have a QB without the INTANGABLES and 5-4and 120 pounds... Your receivers can't be evaluated! It's a team sport!
So if a team wins against Daniel high school and they have a loosing season... It does not mean that BATSON IS ANY KESS OF A QB THAN HANNAS QB. If Batson or Urich had the athletes that west side and Hanna did last year.... You would have really seen a d1 show!
Let's see who actually commits to the d1 schools and that will solve the differences. This year 2017..... And come back to this post. I PROMISE you tat if you think winning games means more d1 scholarships you just don't have a clue ! This is for QB ONLY just wait and see

Itvtakesbteam effort but it takes talent and the INTANGABLES! Just like if you have a QB without the INTANGABLES and 5-4and 120 pounds... Your receivers can't be evaluated! It's a team sport!
So if a team wins against Daniel high school and they have a loosing season... It does not mean that BATSON IS ANY KESS OF A QB THAN HANNAS QB. If Batson or Urich had the athletes that west side and Hanna did last year.... You would have really seen a d1 show!
Let's see who actually commits to the d1 schools and that will solve the differences. This year 2017..... And come back to this post. I PROMISE you tat if you think winning games means more d1 scholarships you just don't have a clue ! This is for QB ONLY just wait and see

Listen, this may or may not offend you but I am going to say what I feel.

JB got it right with Jackson Williamson. After that I disagree with him in his order especially with Dre. I do agree Mr. Football that he is a athlete playing the position and will never play QB in college at any level. 2-5 we can argue till the cows come home.

You see, the cerebral part is the most important part when it comes to QB. You can be 6'5", 225lbs, run a 4.4/40, and throw it 100 yds, but if it takes you just a 1/2 second longer than the 6'2" 190lbs or smaller to process what the defense is doing, the smaller guys win. It's that simple.

Competition plays a big part in evaluating talent. A true solid D1 QB should be able to dominate in the the league Wren and Daniel played in last year. Like Kelly Bryant did the previous 2 years. Jackson and Alex played against far superior competition and talent than Jay and Ben and yet put up better numbers. So no I disagree with you that if Jay and Ben would have played for either team they would have done as good or better.

You keep talking about Westside and Hanna having so much talent. Both Ben and Jay had good receivers. Hell, Jay had Bailey Rogers, one of the best WR's in state and "voted" best player in the upstate. Here is what I believe. If Jackson and Alex would have played for Wren and Daniel, those two teams would have done a lot better.

Jackson and Alex have the cerebral part. It showed against the competition they played against compared to Jay and Ben.

Listen, this may or may not offend you but I am going to say what I feel.

JB got it right with Jackson Williamson. After that I disagree with him in his order especially with Dre. I do agree Mr. Football that he is a athlete playing the position and will never play QB in college at any level. 2-5 we can argue till the cows come home.

You see, the cerebral part is the most important part when it comes to QB. You can be 6'5", 225lbs, run a 4.4/40, and throw it 100 yds, but if it takes you just a 1/2 second longer than the 6'2" 190lbs or smaller to process what the defense is doing, the smaller guys win. It's that simple.

Competition plays a big part in evaluating talent. A true solid D1 QB should be able to dominate in the the league Wren and Daniel played in last year. Like Kelly Bryant did the previous 2 years. Jackson and Alex played against far superior competition and talent than Jay and Ben and yet put up better numbers. So no I disagree with you that if Jay and Ben would have played for either team they would have done as good or better.

You keep talking about Westside and Hanna having so much talent. Both Ben and Jay had good receivers. Hell, Jay had Bailey Rogers, one of the best WR's in state and "voted" best player in the upstate. Here is what I believe. If Jackson and Alex would have played for Wren and Daniel, those two teams would have done a lot better.
Jackson and Alex have the cerebral part. It showed against the competition they played against compared to Jay and Ben.

. QB IQ comes wit one thing PLAYING QB. Everybody can have an opinion and I like all the Qbs listed. This was Jays second maybe third year playing QB at another school( I can't quote that exactly now....)year EVER taking a snap at QB and he is already committed to a sec d1 school. His football playing years are ahead of him NO DOUBT and he is already a big boy .
Ben sat and watched for a few years and this was his first varsity year. He is very young and his best FOOT ball (and he will grow)is ahead of him. SO you are right when it comes to QB IQ or experience in Jays case and maybe Bens!

ALEX and Jackson are excellent QBs and did all you said and more! I am impressed at this great athlete (Jackson)with a huge QB IQ AND A dad as a d1 QB....yet Duke Carolina, NDSU, Tenn picked Jay over Jackson, even thoughthis IQ is so much higher with Jackson is there. This should tell you something.The people that Matter chose Jay. Jackson has committed to Miami of Ohio and that is an excellent D1 school. PERFECT FOR HIM.

If you look again at Jays stats, and notice how many school records he broke with BAILEY that Kelly dos not beat the yrar BEFORE.

They were 6 or 7 yr old records. The next thing you will see is that BAILEY ROGERS GOT MORE YARDS FROM JAY HIS JR yearTHAN KELLY HIS SENIOR YEAR. Back up your statements or just don't write it. -at least state you are not sure! I have don't a lot of reading and I do not state it (objectify)unless I make sure it's been already documented by somebody else that actually knows

IF Jay and Jackson both HAD to play at their respective Universities as freshmen in 2017... (I can fairly compare these Qbs because they are the same age) Jackson for sure would have more QB IQ (just as he did in high school) no doubtJackson has played ball all his life and has has an excellent teacher(his dad) and Ramon Robinson.. How many other offers did Jackson have? ONE AND HE TOOK IT AND THAT ALL THAT MATTERS. A free education and a chance to play. Jay after (taking snaps for 2 years )got the offers and the big ones. JAY IS HUGE and still growing, and his QB and Jay Ben Jackson and all these Qbs are GOING to get better, period.
Years are ahead of them all being taught and executing .

Since you rally think Jay doesent have what it needs and I BIGTIME differ with you...Jay too, will get much better. Just as the other Qbs were getting what he didn't get all his life. Think... These Qbs (Jackson ought to be SO MUCH BETTER THAN JAY that it's pitiful. But that's not the case now is it.??Jay has already surpassed many of the Qbs and leaves them in the dirt.
That fact right there is one awesome fact if you think about it.
One thing for sure,we all will just have to wait and see ...Jay could fall on his face in football and all that left is a FREE TOTALLY FREE MBA in international business at Carolin! How sad!! Ben has 3 more years and will be recruited to a d 1 school just like Jay with kids his same age......

Lastly this is not to you but I saw it on another post....Some kids and coaches lie about offers but I am 100 percent sure that Jay Urich would not lie about an offer and if he did lie, I guarantee his veteran head coach would not tolerate THA, as a matter of fact, he would not have a QB that lied.

I can also tell you that Jackson Williamson is an awesome kid and did not lie or get an offer under the table through his father. THE OFFERS JACKSON GOT HE EARNED..

Old men bashing kids is not the point of my entries here and it sickens me to see a kid being put down.

ALL THE Qbs are great! Let's wait excitedly and see what happens encouraging the ones we see when we see them and when we write about them..

On to your QB for Hanna. Are you aware the he is almost as old as Jay and Jackson? Yep. Check it out. No wonder he has a bigger arm than 14/15 year old Ben. You CANNOT COMPARE BEN with Alwx, man. Even though they both just finished their first year.... Well CHECK IT OUT YOURSELF ....THere not a big difference between 5yr old and 6 yr old or 8 yr old and 9 yr old... But when puberty starts in young me.. You cannot claim pare what's needed to compare between a freshman who is 16 or 17 and a freshman who is 3 or 14. My son graduated from high school at 17 and went to college at 10 with a summer birthday (academiic 1/2 scholarship to a d 2 on golf and got the other hall on golf)

Ben has his best football ahead of him. Wait and see . Just like Jay but in a different way. Jay needs to learn QB IQ and get out there and bust it. Alex merely needs to grow as God helps all boys do at that age.
Jay literally has played 20 games as VarsityQB and was (and still is )being recruited by D1 acc and sec teams as we speak after his commitment to CAROLINA. Trust me. Those Carolina coaches are not playing around. They are 2 and 7 and are doing their BESTbringing in kids they think they will win.
IF you want to watch another good young true freshman who is a work horse.. Check out Woodruffs QB.

Last edited:
. QB IQ comes wit one thing PLAYING QB. Everybody can have an opinion and I like all the Qbs listed. This was Jays second maybe third year playing QB at another school( I can't quote that exactly now....)year EVER taking a snap at QB and he is already committed to a sec d1 school. His football playing years are ahead of him NO DOUBT and he is already a big boy .
Ben sat and watched for a few years and this was his first varsity year. He is very young and his best FOOT ball (and he will grow)is ahead of him. SO you are right when it comes to QB IQ or experience in Jays case and maybe Bens!

ALEX and Jackson are excellent QBs and did all you said and more! I am impressed at this great athlete (Jackson)with a huge QB IQ AND A dad as a d1 QB....yet Duke Carolina, NDSU, Tenn picked Jay over Jackson, even thoughthis IQ is so much higher with Jackson is there. This should tell you something.The people that Matter chose Jay. Jackson has committed to Miami of Ohio and that is an excellent D1 school. PERFECT FOR HIM.

If you look again at Jays stats, and notice how many school records he broke with BAILEY that Kelly dos not beat the yrar BEFORE.

They were 6 or 7 yr old records. The next thing you will see is that BAILEY ROGERS GOT MORE YARDS FROM JAY HIS JR yearTHAN KELLY HIS SENIOR YEAR. Back up your statements or just don't write it. -at least state you are not sure! I have don't a lot of reading and I do not state it (objectify)unless I make sure it's been already documented by somebody else that actually knows

IF Jay and Jackson both HAD to play at their respective Universities as freshmen in 2017... (I can fairly compare these Qbs because they are the same age) Jackson for sure would have more QB IQ (just as he did in high school) no doubtJackson has played ball all his life and has has an excellent teacher(his dad) and Ramon Robinson.. How many other offers did Jackson have? ONE AND HE TOOK IT AND THAT ALL THAT MATTERS. A free education and a chance to play. Jay after (taking snaps for 2 years )got the offers and the big ones. JAY IS HUGE and still growing, and his QB and Jay Ben Jackson and all these Qbs are GOING to get better, period.
Years are ahead of them all being taught and executing .

Since you rally think Jay doesent have what it needs and I BIGTIME differ with you...Jay too, will get much better. Just as the other Qbs were getting what he didn't get all his life. Think... These Qbs (Jackson ought to be SO MUCH BETTER THAN JAY that it's pitiful. But that's not the case now is it.??Jay has already surpassed many of the Qbs and leaves them in the dirt.
That fact right there is one awesome fact if you think about it.
One thing for sure,we all will just have to wait and see ...Jay could fall on his face in football and all that left is a FREE TOTALLY FREE MBA in international business at Carolin! How sad!! Ben has 3 more years and will be recruited to a d 1 school just like Jay with kids his same age......

Lastly this is not to you but I saw it on another post....Some kids and coaches lie about offers but I am 100 percent sure that Jay Urich would not lie about an offer and if he did lie, I guarantee his veteran head coach would not tolerate THA, as a matter of fact, he would not have a QB that lied.

I can also tell you that Jackson Williamson is an awesome kid and did not lie or get an offer under the table through his father. THE OFFERS JACKSON GOT HE EARNED..

Old men bashing kids is not the point of my entries here and it sickens me to see a kid being put down.

ALL THE Qbs are great! Let's wait excitedly and see what happens encouraging the ones we see when we see them and when we write about them..

On to your QB for Hanna. Are you aware the he is almost as old as Jay and Jackson? Yep. Check it out. No wonder he has a bigger arm than 14/15 year old Ben. You CANNOT COMPARE BEN with Alwx, man. Even though they both just finished their first year.... Well CHECK IT OUT YOURSELF ....THere not a big difference between 5yr old and 6 yr old or 8 yr old and 9 yr old... But when puberty starts in young me.. You cannot claim pare what's needed to compare between a freshman who is 16 or 17 and a freshman who is 3 or 14. My son graduated from high school at 17 and went to college at 10 with a summer birthday (academiic 1/2 scholarship to a d 2 on golf and got the other hall on golf)

Ben has his best football ahead of him. Wait and see . Just like Jay but in a different way. Jay needs to learn QB IQ and get out there and bust it. Alex merely needs to grow as God helps all boys do at that age.
Jay literally has played 20 games as VarsityQB and was (and still is )being recruited by D1 acc and sec teams as we speak after his commitment to CAROLINA. Trust me. Those Carolina coaches are not playing around. They are 2 and 7 and are doing their BESTbringing in kids they think they will win.
IF you want to watch another good young true freshman who is a work horse.. Check out Woodruffs QB.

Good god all mighty man. Why don't you ramble some.

This thread was started on who is the best returning QB in the Upstate. Not who may or may not have the most potential. Jackson Williamson is that guy. Period.

I never said Jay and Ben never had what it took to make it big time. I am comparing what kids have done not what they will do. Jackson and Alex have put up better numbers against far superior competition and talent. That's a fact. Would you like to compare schedules and the out come of those games.

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Ben. He is a rising junior and he just celebrated his 17th birthday. I follow him on tweeter and saw him post it. Like you said, know your "facts" before you post. So, if he turned 17 before his junior year? Guess what? He was held back to. I guess that busted your bubble didn't it. I could care less. A lot of kids are held back. Hell Jake Bentley was held back. Saw where he graduated as a junior and was already 19. Get over it.

Jay may get quicker with his decision making. Or he may not. We will have to wait and see.

Something you need to learn. They don't give out awards on potential, they give it on results. Not what a guy could do if he was on another team but the numbers he puts up. Jackson led Westside to a region championship. The first in 8 years. Alex led his team to an 8-5 record after they went 1-10 the prior year before he got there. Wren and Daniel both went way down after Jay and Ben took over. Enough said.

I apologize for rambling and that's the last thing I want to hearthat I was doing (Because I was afraid it was true).

I write in this app while taking my chemo ,to distract myself from the very unpleasant physical side effects as the chemo goes into my chest.

I just didn't think my rambling was bad enoug .(I even wait till I go home at night and try my best to edit my writing so it won't be so painful to read). I see that didn't work.

I know I ramble and I know it's miserable for y'all to read.

Thanks for helping me realize that it's time for me to stop.

Please accept my apologies. I knew I couldn't do very well ...and ALSO...for making everybody that reads my rambling,I apologize too.

I'm signing off now. I'll let JB know now to end my membership.I won't post again. I hope all the kids have a great season.

Last edited:
JB,
I know this probably isn't the place to cancel my membership, but I am not at my best lately... Yuck... Can you advise me what to do? (Fairly simply explain it if you can. )
Also thanks for all the fun I have had on here and thanks for what you do.

Also my family still prays for yours.. Always will!

Greg

I know this probably isn't the place to cancel my membership, but I am not at my best lately... Yuck... Can you advise me what to do? (Fairly simply explain it if you can. )
Also thanks for all the fun I have had on here and thanks for what you do.

Also my family still prays for yours.. Always will!

Greg[/QUOTE]

bird.... don't through in the towel, man. Speak your mind, stand your ground. But understand everyone won't agree with everything you say or think. Also, some folks on here like to disagree just to stir the stick... others have blinders on so thick they can't see anywhere but there own team, players, etc.

You're doing fine. Although... between me and you... your posts are the longest I think I have ever seen. Takes me a glass and a half of tea to get through each one.

:D:D:D:D

Don't leave. The season hasn't even started!

:p

I agree with dacoach .Right or wrong this just opinions. AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAYING IS ON THAT. Keep posting have fun and get better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT