Westside's Early COY

ch_seahawkfan

Varsity All American
Sep 25, 2007
Anderson Independent - Good article on the wild man's effectiveness

ScottEarley2_11703936_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

btw they beat Hillcrest

since most probably did not read the article a synopsis :

Early and his staff introduced to FB team prospects in Jan. and many of the attendees decided not to come out or left when they saw how intensive the weight room would be. Early made it clear that only "365" guys should bother. With some talent returning the team won it's first three games and quickly got rid of the "loser" attitude players and fans had to shake. The win over eventual top dog Hillcrest, made believers out of even the most stubborn. Early did not end his bizarre behavior but may have found a program, building a new stadium, that will love him in spite of his, hard to watch, antics. Said he has offers from others, but plans to stay put.... OK

Congrats to Scott, he did a HECK of a job this year at WHS.

Hardest working coach I have ever seen and has his boys doing the same

tprice How bout the other side of town? It appears that they are getting left behind very quickly by Westside.

Early was quoted in the article that " Love = Time " and I have not heard it said any better that his players know he cares about them when he is spending a lot of time with them.

One year and well done. Westside was vastly improved. But over a 5-6 year span, don't count out Ollis at Hanna. He will not implode and in time, will build a winner to be proud of.

TLH and Ollis will be JUST FINE, most of the talent TLH has in 10th grade and down. This group is LOADED TRUST ME

Ollis had HUGE setback before season when he lost top RB, really a game changer and then his backup went down so they basically had ZERO running game. He stepped into a program in DIRE NEED of rebuilding but does have the talent he needs but I hope folks give him fair chance. I will predict in 2-3 yrs they will be a top team in Region 1 AAAA

I will say this, Earley had/has a MUCH tougher job with the Westside program. He has talent but is not very deep in talent but dang if he does not have kids believing they WILL win not HOPE they win. HUGE DIFFERENCE . Keep in mind most of what he did this season was with a freshman QB, King(QB that transferred in) was out most of the season with ankle injury which made what he and did with Westside this year even more impressive.

Scott reminds me of an "old school" in your face coach like I grew up with and expects the best out of his kids not only on the football field but also in the classroom. He has also instilled a great work ethic that will last these young me a lifetime

Not coming on here to knock coaches BUT the previous coach at TLH just did not get much out of the talent he had, trust me they had some TOP LEVEL talent and it just never did materialize to wins/losses

Ollis also has his work cut out for him, I think kids loose confidence and do not know how to win and once he gets them believing in his system (which is not flashy but very effective and WINS GAMES) the TLH fans will be very happy

Most of us all know that Ollis was crapped on when he was in SC years ago and even those that were there then will tell you it was the worse mistake they ever made in letting Bruce leave.

As they say "Good things take time"

Ollis will be better overall. He will need to replace his starting QB this year- but is that a BAD thing? He will need to up his recruiting in and around the city to compete but as Shaka said- he will not implode and does not lead by fear and intimidation. But hey- it works. Earley has NOTHING but Success in his past- he may rub a lot the wrong way and love to see himself but he wins. Congrats to Westside!

Originally posted by red raider alum:
One thing Wren and Westside have in common- GREAT AT RECRUITING!
Yeah a Red Raider wants to talk recruiting? How about the best state champion baseball team that money could buy? of all the guys on that Greenville state champion team only 2 geocoded for Greenville.

Reactions: birdcol
Re: Westside's Early COY
Lion'87 posted on 1/17/2015...
That's a joke that they gave him that award...so many Wren Hater's!!!

I don't see the problem, Tate did what he did with arguably one of the best athletes in the state of SC this year, Earley came into a program with only a handful of wins in last 5-6 yrs and had them in playoffs pretty much with what was here when he got here

Granted he did have King at QB but King got hurt and missed majority of the season and a freshman QB led the team along with a GREAT Defense made up of players that had been here all along.

Not saying Tate did not have a great season at Wren but that season was pretty much expected

Keep in my Westside was THE ONLY TEAM to BEAT AAAA State Champion Hillcrest this year as well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT