ADVERTISEMENT

What jobs are coming open?

How is Carolina?

It is the smallest public school of the 14 in Greenville County. It is in a part of town that has a shifting demographics more towards those that play soccer than football. They have zero community support and the middle schools that feed them are some of the worst around. The school sits 3 miles to the west of Southside, 3 miles to the south of Greenville, 2 miles to the north of the Anderson County line, and about 3 miles to the east of the area that sends kids to Berea.

Shaw and Hodge did a nice job there but the reality is that much like Berea, the area it is in is not going to change directions back to the days of having some athletes come through and catch lightening in a bottle enough to make a little run against the teams they play and use that to get a better job.

I had not heard that West Ashley was thinking of making a change. That's surprising after they have had such a good season, but I did hear there are some personality conflicts there so this may be the reason.

West Ashley
6-5 Regular Season Record with losses to Hilton head (by 2), Ashley Ridge (by 4), Fort Dorchester (by 23), Wando (by 21) and Goose Creek (by 8).

Have a first round match-up with Dorman in this year's AAAA Div I playoffs.

Haven't heard a word in the lowcountry about firing him, just FYI. Not sure who is saying this.

:rolleyes:

Of course, just cause no one's talking doesn't mean he's safe...

Holy cow Gilbert is open. 90k to be AD/HC with no teaching duties. No pressure to win. AND there might actually be some good talent coming because their middle school has been division champs and conference runner-ups to Dutch Fork like 3 years in a row.

Holy cow Gilbert is open. 90k to be AD/HC with no teaching duties. No pressure to win. AND there might actually be some good talent coming because their middle school has been division champs and conference runner-ups to Dutch Fork like 3 years in a row.

If Gilbert wants to be successful, then they need to hire someone that really understands the community. Coach Harley understood the community.

I read Coach Harley has been there for 11 years. I have always heard don't follow a legend, would Coach Harley fit that bill?

If Gilbert wants to be successful, then they need to hire someone that really understands the community. Coach Harley understood the community.
Really? He was 2-8 last year. 2 winning seasons in 11 years does not make a coach successful.

Really? He was 2-8 last year. 2 winning seasons in 11 years does not make a coach successful.
I never said that he had the horses in the stable to make a successful run. I just said that he knew the community since he grew up down the road. During Gilbert's prime, those teams were just stronger than most of the teams that they faced. They also had kids that just loved to play football. The kids now have so much more that they can do than the kids had back then. Do I think they can win out there? Yes, I do. But, just because their middle school team was successful, as someone pointed out in a post above, doesn't equate to success on the Varsity level.

They would take him because he is a stellar coach. In his short time at Swansea they have won 2 region championships and finished second twice as well. I think this is the first year they didn't make the playoffs. Athletes they have some yes, but not as many as you'd think this year. QB was hurt for all buy 1 region game and he was their offense. I think that would be a homerun hire for Gilbert and a bad loss for Swansea. I have no idea if he even wants the job, might be just fine in Swansea.

muschampragin.0.0.gif

OT - South Carolina looking at Will MustSnap

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT