ADVERTISEMENT

What's the word?

Apr 2, 2009
Well, just like last year we are starting the year off slow. This is the opening week of region play and I know somebody has to be seeing some good games/good players. So, what's the word? Somebody shoot us a line to get this board going!!!

West Florence is off to a good start. Akeem Bostick is pitching well. His draft stock appears to be rising. Conway, behind Gore and Holmes, is strong. I think the way that region is playing their region games is great. 3 game series on Monday-Wednesday-Friday means you probably only see a team's ace one time so a coach can't set his rotation for the ace to see a team both times, unless there's a weather issue. Conway, Carolina Forest, Sumter, and West Florence are all very good from what I have seen, read, and/or heard.

This post was edited on 3/13 11:51 AM by magiccityrooster

I am also a big fan of how those guys are setting up their conference games! It not only allows you to get a more realistic view/experience of that team, but it also mimics (to some degree) what a college series is like. I think it adds a little something extra special to the high school season.

And I agree with your opinion on Bostick - he is a stud of an athlete!

Gilbert looks strong. Won the Comporium tournament. Run-ruled Midland Valley the other night. Only loss that I know of was at South Aiken. Saw John Miles Newman look great giving up 1 run in 6 innings of work against Waccamaw.

Fox Creek looks to be sitting strong in their region at 8-0, 3-0. Won the Midland Valley tourney with wins over MV, James Island, Silver Bluff, and Dixie. Lacey is 3-0 on the mound for them.

John Parke a Lefty from Greenville has pitched 2 games, 12 innings with 24 K's and 5 BB's and 0 runs against AC Flora in the IP Classic and Blue Ridge in region play. Greenville is off to a 6-1 start.

Spring Valley 7-2 overall. Just knocked off Sumter. Team is coming together and has a couple of real gamers that are always a threat.

Yes Spring Valley does have a good test with Blythewood on Tuesday. If they knock them off, it sure doesn't say much for the coaches poll.But on the other hand Conway already showed where that stands.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT