ADVERTISEMENT

YOUR Higher Ground Thought For Tuesday 03-08-16

bsimpsonhg

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
Subscribe FREE online for our weekly Thought and instructional updates. THANK YOU for your efforts to help young ladies in softball and life. B Simpson

HIGHER GROUND

A Thought For Tuesday

Bobby Simpson March 8, 2016 Copyright Higher Ground 2016

A teacher once told me, many years ago, that a way to learn how to spell the word separate was to realize that there was a rat in that word. That would keep you from using the wrong spelling, seperate. I also remember Johnny Spurlin, successful attorney and very insightful former basketball coach, telling me once that one of his players was able to shoot well even when he could not get much separation (space or gap) from his defender. I kinda like that word, so let’s explore its usage in athletics and life. Coaches often have too big, or too small, a separation with their players. To connect well with a player (or any person), we may need to either narrow the gap or widen the gap. In another scenario, to get someone to excel, we may need to help them widen the gap between exceptionalism and the averageness or mediocrity around them. Sports and education too often allow a rat inside and create the wrong amount of separation. Be careful.

For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39 NKJV

COME TO US or BRING US TO YOU: June 19-24 in Columbus, GA - Twenty-First Annual College Prep SELECT CAMP (Residence Camp - 13 & Older, individual or team; SPECIAL GUEST INSTRUCTOR - Dionna Harris, leading hitter for USA in 1996 Olympic Games, will be at SELECT CAMP and FUTURES CAMP); June 21-23 in Columbus, GA – Inaugural FUTURES Day Camp (10-12 years olds); July 18-20 in Pooler/Savannah, GA -TEAM CAMP. Camp Details Are Online; U-PICK A DATE: Customized Clinic for your team or organization. We work with YOU to jointly structure a personalized event at your chosen site.

www.highergroundsoftball.com bsimpson@friendlycity.net

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT