ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 Teams for Each Classification

JB_a_Rivals

Varsity All American
May 7, 2003
Just to get some off-season chatting going, give me your top five teams for whichever classification you want to talk about. Here are mine - keep in mind, this is NOT an off-season ranking...just some chat material.

4A
1. Spartanburg - Loaded with Scott and Feaster returning in the backfield.
2. Byrnes - solid in offensive skills.
3. Fort Dorchster - On the brink; this ship could sail big or sink.
4. York - Cougars have a wealth of talent returning on both sides of the football.
5. Hillcrest - Return a solid group from their title team.

3A
1. South Pointe
2. Myrtle Beach
3. Hartsville
4. Wren
5. Greer

2A
1. Dillon
2. Newberry
3. Fairfield Central
4. Timberland
5. Batesburg-Leesville

1A
1. Christ Church
2. Allendale-Fairfax
3. Bamberg-Ehrhardt
4. HKT
5. Hemingway

This post was edited on 3/16 1:54 PM by JB@Rivals

My AAAA looks a little different.

1 Spartanburg
2. Byrnes
3. Dorman
4. Northwestern
5. York

I don't think fort d is going to be able to do anything until changes are made. i'm hearing rumor that they are hiring a proven failure from the college ranks to come in and work on the offense and if they do get him, they will for sure struggle despite the talent level.

Byrnes lost a lot on defense but I think they will reload. they have some great looking athletes on both sides and as long as Mike is in the weight room they will contend.

Hillcrest is over rated and and probably the one team in the state championships last year that any number of teams could have beaten. they put together a great game against dutch fork on an off day for the foxes. don't get me wrong, no one likes to see tommy lose more than me but the fact is the rams were lucky. they need to get better at the quarterback position if they are going to contend for their region. greenwood and westside will both be strong.

I like the York pick in the top five. they will load up again and who knows, bobby may even have a transfer or two; or three; or four; or five. lol

WHERE IS B-E-R-K-E-L-E-Y
chairshot.r191677.gif

Hillcrest lucky they beat the crap out of every tem they faced in the playoffs in my mind and most fans mind they were the best team in team in the state did you even watch what that D did to dutch fork

LOL.... JB ....was stateside for a few days, but back in Kabul now. Threw that out there to make sure you were paying attention to the message board. Thought I caught a brief glimpse of you at the Carolina Ale House across from the Columbiana Mall over lunch one day. Was that you?... just caught a glimpse of what looked like you as I walked in.

Spartanburg is an obvious number one with what they bring back in 4-A. York, as I am a hometown primer, will be very good again once they get guys where they need to be. I look for the York defense to return to where it was in BC's first two years. If that happens and the offense develops like it could, York could be back in Columbia. South Pointe in 3-A will be a run away. You can give them the trophy now.

I think there were maybe three of you at the table. My wife and I came in and sat out on the patio and I came back inside to check to see if that was you and the booth was empty. You guys must have been finishing up as we were arriving. I just happened to catch a glimpse as the hostess was taking us out on the patio to seat us, and as I was walking to the table, I was like ...that was JB..... got settled and came back and you guys were gone.

We need to have a Columbia-area message board group get together one day. I am back in Kabul now but the next trip stateside I will let you know. We can go grab lunch. You do not realize how much this board has meant to me as a sanity break over the years from Iraq as a soldier and civilian to Jordan, Saudi, Kuwait, UAE, Afghanistan....its a little piece of SC...and I appreciate it.

Take HKT out of the top 5 in Class A. They won't finish in the top 2 in their region next season. I think you can replace them with either McBee or Calhoun County.

Originally posted by dfoldman:
I think there were maybe three of you at the table. My wife and I came in and sat out on the patio and I came back inside to check to see if that was you and the booth was empty. You guys must have been finishing up as we were arriving. I just happened to catch a glimpse as the hostess was taking us out on the patio to seat us, and as I was walking to the table, I was like ...that was JB..... got settled and came back and you guys were gone.

We need to have a Columbia-area message board group get together one day. I am back in Kabul now but the next trip stateside I will let you know. We can go grab lunch. You do not realize how much this board has meant to me as a sanity break over the years from Iraq as a soldier and civilian to Jordan, Saudi, Kuwait, UAE, Afghanistan....its a little piece of SC...and I appreciate it.
My wife and I were there Friday before last; there was a booth connected to ours that had four other people at it but we weren't with them.

Let me know when you're going to be back in town and we'll definitely get together.

And as a veteran, I understand the need for a "sanity break" and glad that this site can be utilized as such.

ADVERTISEMENT