9. York
10. North Augusta
11. Cane Bay
12. Laurens
13. Riverside
14. Blythewood
15. Socastee
16. Greenville

If Clover beats York this Friday, will Clover make the playoffs and where will that put York and Clover

Fort D ahead of DF?...even with one loss out of state?.... Personally, I believe DF would stomp a manhole cover sized mud hole in Fort D's backside if they played.

....and that bunch of toothless, banjo playing, Deliverance cast extras, Pinto up on cinder-blocks in the front yard, mouth breathers from Red Bank ahead of Northwestern?..... come on.

I don't think Burt Reynolds, Jon Voight and Ned Beatty are coaching that well this season.

Oh well, I guess the Red Bank faithful will get all gussied up for the playoffs now.... new overalls and "Get'er Done" trucker hats all around.

dfoldman.... oh how we have missed you and your ridiculous insight into the White Knoll community. On behalf of all of us that live in that area, we apologize that you had to find your ex-wife in a Red Bank trailer getting all gussied up to go out mud riding in that suped up Pinto with your double first cousin. Let it go, old man!

Ignore the job that the WK staff has done if you want, but that program will do nothing but improve under Coach Howell and the staff he has assembled there. I mean winning a region title and qualifying as high as fourth for the division 1 bracket is light years ahead of where they were last year and it will continue to get better. Is anybody saying WK is better than Northwestern... No, but if they win their games and end up seeded higher, hate the game not the player.

I find it interesting that someone who was raised in Pickens could make those comments about another community in our state with a serious face.

I also seem to remember you saying something about H*ll freezing over before White Knoll won a region title. That must be why it snowed in Lexington the day after WK clinched it!

The 4-4 stack is a much better defense as long as your DBs can cover man!

This post was edited on 11/5 6:07 PM by RBall21

And it snowed more in the White Knoll area than it did anywhere else in Lexington. That group of Juniors and Sophomores are some of the hardest working kids that have come through White Knoll. They truly embraced the blue collar work ethic that it takes to win.

Great job by Coach Howell and the kids at WK, 8 straight wins and the school's first ever region title in football. Still kept the faith and believed in each other and the program after an 0-2 start. Pay no mind to dfoldman, some excellent kids, families and teachers/coaches in that community. Best of luck in the playoffs

This post was edited on 11/5 7:41 PM by Layin' the wood

I stand corrected. Once they were not in DF's region.... they will win a title. Your 3 point win over River Bluff wowed me, truly.. I am excited for you....the same school 2 A Crescent throttled...a 2 A school that did not make the playoffs by the way. Just like every season when WK thumps a few schools they talk it up.... the truth comes home to rest soon enough. The playoffs will show you just how "awesome" the T-Wolves truly are this season. Just keeping it real folks just keeping it real.

I never understood how you guys came up with "timber wolves" as a mascot. Banjo Playin' Canoe Paddlers...that I would have understood. T-Wolves...just don't get it

It is my Christmas wish that Red Bank gets to play the Silver Foxes in the playoffs. If so, you can quote me on this...Dutch Fork will beat the cleats off of WK, and that is fact.

All I have to say this week is....Go 'Cats!

"Paddle faster! I hear banjo music!"

PS- Come to Pickens County sometime ....you might like it. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Howell has done a good job at WK this year to win region. But I am not so sure about their playoff prospects. Region 5 seems to be a region where you have a bunch of decent teams, where if you played the season over enough times, everyone but South Aiken would win it. Most every game between Lex, RB, NA, and WK, and even Irmo, could have gone either way. Now either you have some really great teams that will all do damage in the playoffs, or it is a mediocre group that will be gone quickly. We will see.

Yes, Coach Howell has done a great job. This team has pulled together as a family. They are excited about their wins this season and are ready to do their best in the playoffs. This school is pumped up by the team's success and really support them.

Good luck, White Knoll. The community is cheering for you!!!

JB....any scenario where Spartunburg and Dorman trade spots in the D1/D2 brackets?

I find it funny that you say WK fans poke their chest out over a few wins, when the only reason they are even being discussed is because you brought 'em up so you could poke your chest out about someone else. You're a special kind.

Look, no one on here has touted WK to go on a deep run. They have already exceeded all expectations anyone could have possibly had for them. They've gotten some breaks, and made some of their own. The fact is, interest is growing in that program with the kids. The farm system looks as good or better than it ever has. This program will be competitive in whatever they do because they believe in what the coaches are doing.

SCSportsSource.Com

@SCSportsSource

twitter_bird.png

Lexington 50 - White Knoll 33 (FINAL)

......karma

I've got a sneaky feeling maybe WK laid down a little bit with the region championship in pocket. Seen Lexington play. Not in any way a great team.

Some wrenches being thrown in tonight with Ashley Ridge over Fort D, Lex downing WK, and Gaffney over Nwestern.

All these teams messing up JBs Div 1 bracket....Ft D lost, the toothless banjo playin' canoe paddlers from Red Bank lost, Northwestern lost.....

uummm....JB.... Dutch Fork won by the way....sh*t stomped L-E..... I think I might have suggested they should be #1 in your bracket...just sayin'.... I think Hillcrest improved their stock as well.

Did not really check Div 2 scores.... I'm pretty sure I saw where GC won... safe #1 I would think.

Interested in seeing the Div 1 brackets now....what will they be JB?

Not what they have been. Play pretty good defense. Have had struggles on offense. Nearly all of their games have been close through 3 quarters, if not the entire game. They have good coaches and will make you pay for making a mistake.

Lexington will have to do it again this Friday in the first round of the playoffs, this time at WK. Let's see if the results are similar, should be interesting to play the same team, much less your rival, two weeks in a row and now in a playoff game.

This post was edited on 11/9 10:03 PM by Layin' the wood

Ballcoach17, you are spot on about NA. They have had their struggles on offense this year but after lot of tweaking the NA offense seems to be finding its groove. On the offensive side of the ball play has improved greatly over the last couple of games. After a couple of adjustments and having several games experience they have started to perform much better than early on in the season. Fewer drive killing boneheaded penalties and less sloppy play. Some of the young guys have stepped up and are beginning to contribute big time. At times it has looked like the high scoring offense we have been used to in recent years. Still a work in progress but maybe they are hitting their stride just in time for the playoffs. In general the NA defense has been solid and played well all season. I think NA will make some noise in the playoffs.

It sounds like N Augusta is very similar to Cane Bay. Turnovers have been the Achilles heel all season. They had Goose Creek, Summerville and Fort D on the ropes only to lose all 3 games. Blew out Ashley Ridge and lost to inferior Hanahan on two busted plays and numerous fumbles.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by DuckDitchTiger:
It sounds like N Augusta is very similar to Cane Bay. Turnovers have been the Achilles heel all season. They had Goose Creek, Summerville and Fort D on the ropes only to lose all 3 games. Blew out Ashley Ridge and lost to inferior Hanahan on two busted plays and numerous fumbles.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Yes, NA has been very sloppy on offense this year. They gave away River Bluff game due to a turnover with less than 3 minutes left in the game and a TD called back due to holding penalty against White Knoll. Should have won both games and finished 11-0. NA offensive production has been about a third of what it had been in recent years. Mainly due to inexperience replacing 9 starter from last seasons 12-2 team. On the bright side the offense has shown improvement the last two games and seems to be limiting the mistakes and penalties. Hopefully that trend will continue. NA defense has been solid all season and if offense can execute and limit penalties and turnovers things should go smoother for NA.

Looking forward to a good game versus Cane Bay!

Dutch Fork and Irmo have had to do that before. Finish the regular season against each other and then play first round of the playoffs. There has to be a way around that. Red Bank will break out the new "banjer" strings, fresh overalls, their best "Get'er Done" trucker caps....pull out all the stops for the 'Cats this week. Hope Lexington is up for back to back canoe trips.

"Paddle faster.... I hear banjo music"

Originally posted by dfoldman:
All these teams messing up JBs Div 1 bracket....Ft D lost, the toothless banjo playin' canoe paddlers from Red Bank lost, Northwestern lost.....

uummm....JB.... Dutch Fork won by the way....sh*t stomped L-E..... I think I might have suggested they should be #1 in your bracket...just sayin'.... I think Hillcrest improved their stock as well.

You were saying? :)

I wish you had done the Div 1 brackets.... the points system is broken. That one side of the bracket is brutal.

I proposed this in 2012 and it almost got a vote. This is NOT updated so would have to be reworked based on current enrollment numbers and new schools but the plan is solid.

A Simple Plan

I like it except for adding a game. 11 is enough. But under the current system of 4 classifications, what better way to select playoff teams is better than the system in place?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT