ADVERTISEMENT

4A Potential Seedings

Originally posted by Shaka Zulu:
I like it except for adding a game. 11 is enough. But under the current system of 4 classifications, what better way to select playoff teams is better than the system in place?
There may not be a better way with the current system but the point is, the system is flawed.

adding games to 12 would only be adding one game to the current 4A schools and two to everyone else. this would take care of the meaningless 1st round of playoffs. It simply keeps them from complaining about losing gate money from an exhibition game in the 1st round.

And if they aren't going to be in the playoffs, the season is really not extended.

Any possible tweaks to the points? Some teams benefit simply by playing their region schedule if it consists of big schools.

System needs to be over hauled. Some of these teams that got in play cupcake schedules. Strength of schedule should be a determining factor in seeds. Teams like DF, Byrnes and others who play more difficult schedules should be rewarded. AAAA schools who play AA schools and AAA schools should be seeded lower regardless of how they finished in their region. This set way of giving a region a top seed from a weak conference a top 4 seeding is ridiculous. Look at the current system used to pick the top 4 teams in college football. This way the bracket is more fairly distriibuted and not tlike how it has been the past two years. State Championship will be decided in semi finals as it was last year DF vs Byrnes. Same thing will happen again this year I fear.

All of those times i said Byrnes had the cake side of the bracket because of bad seeding and everyone told me to stop whining and that the 2 best teams will be in the championship game no matter what. Well look at this the shoe is on the other foot. Not one of you can come on here and say that the 2 best teams will meet in the end. The championship game will be played early. Well you won't hear me complain this time bc my guys are on the cake side...but unfortunately my guys have been cupcakes at times so it's still not a sure thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT