ADVERTISEMENT

Any new coaching hires?

Dec 27, 2016
With all these vacancies, haven't heard much about any new hires except Beaufort.

Getting close to the holiday recess, would of thought some schools would of filled before the break.

Seems like they drag many drag their feet and don't even fool with it until after Christmas. Unless they know early that a coach is leaving and have one in place like Berea did with Prince.

With all these vacancies, haven't heard much about any new hires except Beaufort.

Getting close to the holiday recess, would of thought some schools would of filled before the break.

Berea hired Julius Prince from Southside
Was told Blue Ridge wanted to hire their OC but if Clark is staying on as AD, they aren't going to get many more applicants anyway.
Eau Claire has not started interviewing
West Oak was supposed to let the coaches they were interested in interviewing, know last week.
Calhoun County is taking resumes
Southside is taking resumes
Conway is taking resumes but the word is the interim will get the job full time
Crescent unknown
Goose Creek taking resumes but may be further along than that
Blythewood taking resumes
Stratford taking resumes
Blackville Hilda- Must have hired someone but didnt see any news
Lake Marion unknown

Reactions: Jaycee024
Last year there seemed to be a big turnover was that abnormal or will openings happen after the first of the year?

Former Lake Norman High coach Rob McNeely is the program’s new leader. He was approved by the Fort Mill school board after the hire was discussed in an executive session during the board’s meeting Tuesday night. McNeely will join Fort Mill in January, according to a statement from Principal Dee Christopher.

“We are pleased and excited Coach McNeely will be joining the Fort Mill High family as head football coach,” Christopher said.

Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article189540874.html#storylink=cpy

Rod, one reason for the gap in victories is that until about 12 years ago, NC was having their championship games the same weekend as the Shrine Bowl so many athletes were not able to participate. NC began running Shrine Combines around 2002 and the game is now played after both states are finished with their playoffs. (Others will argue that the gap is because SC plays better football or has better coaching. I would argue that SC was ahead of NC with Spring Practice and other off season efforts for most of my career in coaching.) Just some thoughts from a NC guy .....

I AGREE WITH THE FACT, NC WAS STILL PLAYING WHEN THE GAME WAS HELD BACK THEN

Rod, one reason for the gap in victories is that until about 12 years ago, NC was having their championship games the same weekend as the Shrine Bowl so many athletes were not able to participate. NC began running Shrine Combines around 2002 and the game is now played after both states are finished with their playoffs. (Others will argue that the gap is because SC plays better football or has better coaching. I would argue that SC was ahead of NC with Spring Practice and other off season efforts for most of my career in coaching.) Just some thoughts from a NC guy .....

But on the other hand, NC's population (over 10 Million) is more than twice as large as South Carolina's (under 5 Million)

Hearing Berkeley County is raising pay for Head Coaches to increase interest in the openings at Goose Creek, Hanahan and Stratford. Must not be drawing many applicants at current pay.

Pretty positive he was in the running last year for the Colleton job at one time...can't remember if it was when it was posted as a combined position or once it was split...maybe he knew something was coming even last year this time. Who goes to OW? Always thought the guy at edisto, Carter, would try to get back to OW....i think that's where he went to school.

He did go to school there. I have always heard the same thing about him trying to get back there as well. I heard through the grape vine that they may be interested in another former play that is the head coach at Lee Central. Not sure how true that is. Makes no sense to hire a guy that has never beat the program he's trying to take over. In 2 years they've never been close to even being in a game with them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT