ADVERTISEMENT

Carley Hoover and Abbey Cheek get SEC awards for this week! SC players doing well!

Hoover (Daniel High) 74k in 42 inn is beast mode against college players. Cheek (Chapman) hitting .353 with 3 HR so far this season. Looked at Kentucky's stats and Sylver Samuel (Hillcrest) is batting .457 on the year. Christian Stokes (Chesterfield) .333 with 2 HR. I know we are just cranking up HS ball here but college has been at it awhile already.
Just a quick check we have 10 SC residents starting in the SEC unless I am forgetting about one. 5 at USC Krystan White (Chesterfield) .429, Ansley Ard (Wilson Hall), Alaynie Page (Boiling Springs) .333 4 HR, Victoria Williams (Palmetto High) .318 and Jordan Bizzell (Hartsville). Marisa Runyon (Carolina Forest) at AL.

Last edited:
Sounds right to me , except the in-state Williams at USC is Victoria , not Taylor . Victoria normally starts at DP , Taylor is a backup 3B from Texas . And I would think Moss at Tennessee will pitch some , though I don't know how much .

Sounds right to me , except the in-state Williams at USC is Victoria , not Taylor . Victoria normally starts at DP , Taylor is a backup 3B from Texas . And I would think Moss at Tennessee will pitch some , though I don't know how much .
Just changed it and a misspelling corrected. You are right add Matty Moss (JL Mann) and she has seen plenty of mound time at TN 5-1 1.19 era. Big miss on my part considering I watched her throw against Alabama recently!! Pretty strong to have that many major contributors and a few other instate players that are getting playing time on SEC teams.

Last edited:
Also Emily Heimberger Waccamaw High is leading Mississippi State in almost every offensive category
Damn another big miss and I remember seeing her early tearing it up! Up to 12 anybody got another?

It seems the SC College Ladies are tearing the tar off the softball, and pitching lights out.

It is happening at a bunch of levels in the college game today, for those who look. So proud of the state of SC.

USC Upstate has started strong and of late keep nipping at the top 20 each year. Plenty of local players are doing well.

Ryan Rector (Palmetto) just received a weekly award. Storch (Mauldin) and Wancheck (Northwestern) have started well. Fr. speedster Ansley Gilstrap (Blythewood) is hitting the ball well.

The SEC has great softball, but not all get to the WS.

Plenty happening in the early SC college game.

Last edited:
Reactions: NA_JACKET
It seems the SC College Ladies are tearing the tar off the softball, and pitching lights out.

It is happening at a bunch of levels in the college game today, for those who look. So proud of the state of SC.

USC Upstate has started strong and of late keep nipping at the top 20 each year. Plenty of local players are doing well.

Ryan Rector (Palmetto) just received a weekly award. Storch (Mauldin) and Wancheck (Northwestern) have started well. The SEC has great softball. But at the end of the year not all get to the WS.

Plenty happening in the early SC college game.
Caitlyn Nolan (Marlboro County) is also a started at Virginia Tech - As I come upon more in power 5 conferences I will put them up. We have many more playing D1 and D2 instate. I think we all can be proud of the number of players we have instate playing college ball.

On the D2 level Limestone's Jr's Bailey Maybry (Boiling Springs) and Caroline Hill (Chapman/SMC) are hitting it up for the defending conference champs.

Don't know why the big schools missed "rocket" now for PC (Megan Anderson), terrific talent.

Last edited:
Just changed it and a misspelling corrected. You are right add Matty Moss (JL Mann) and she has seen plenty of mound time at TN 5-1 1.19 era. Big miss on my part considering I watched her throw against Alabama recently!! Pretty strong to have that many major contributors and a few other instate players that are getting playing time on SEC teams.
Thank You NA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT