ADVERTISEMENT

Furman vs USC

fanofsc

All-State Pick
Aug 8, 2002
What a game in Columbia tonight. Though my logo my say fanofsc..tonight my cheers were for those Furman Paladins. Two great pitchers went at it tonight one a Sr who is a great young lady and a role model for young girls. The other a true freshman with a bright future and I'm sure many wins to follow.

Not exactly the way we wanted to write the script but have to say I loved the grit these showed tonight.

Coaching at Furman is really strong. I expect the team will continue to get better.

Since the original post mentioned grit , I have to give a shout-out to USC freshman shortstop Krystan White . In her first at-bat of the game , White (if I counted correctly) fouled off 9 two-strike pitches before finally grounded a ball up the middle for the game tying hit in the bottom of the sixth . That at-bat excited me more than anything I've seen from USC softball or baseball all year .

Proud to see 3 former Palmetto Lady Mustang teammates on the field for this one. Victoria Williams for USC and Emma Ogburn and Britt Houston for Furman.
This post was edited on 3/26 10:44 AM by MustangsandTigers

I am still amazed that a 1A Chesterfield program had Krystan and Christian Stokes (Kentucky) in the middle infield at the same time. I am happy to see both players doing well!

You are correct the K. White had a 15 pitch at bat. It was a great example of never giving in, even though that was deal breaker for us rooting for Furman.

I am a Carolina Fan, but i was really impressed with Furman and its staff. Shout to the Pitcher #5 you pitched a heck of a ball game kid. Literally, the Gamecocks only squared 3 balls up off of her all night. Bright Future!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT