ADVERTISEMENT

Goose Creek

JJBulldog

Varsity All American
Feb 28, 2003
Any names being mentioned. Or do they hire from within. Any body hearing any names.

Dmato turned Clinton down to remain as a candidate at Goose Creek. He must have a good feeling about the Goose Creek job!

If they stay in-house, Defensive Coordinator Chris Candor will get the job.

Originally posted by goheels1977:
Dmato turned Clinton down to remain as a candidate at Goose Creek. He must have a good feeling about the Goose Creek job!

Should of took that job.

I agree with the Guru. If they hire in school, obvious choice would be Candor. He's been there awhile as the DC and has done a good job at GC.

Dmato left Goose Creek to take HC job at Whale Branch. Not sure what happened, but only stayed there for two years, then came back to GC.

Following Reedy will be a tough gig for any coach. He is well respected and liked in that community and the fans packed that stadium. Any drop off and they will hear about it from the stands.

Originally posted by red raider alum:
Did he EPIC FAIL at Whale Branch? Had some players to work with!
Not according to his record. He was the first coach for Whale Branch, posted 5-6 record his first year, and 7-4 the following year. Probably had something to do internally that made him resign.

Former Va Tech OC and Louisiana - Lafayette HC Rickey Bustle interviewed yesterday for the GC Head Coach job.

Also heard two other finalists for the Goose Creek head coaching job have withdrawn their names from the search. Not sure who they were.

Rumor in the coaching ranks is that one coach in Berkley County was offered the job already and turned it down. Shouldn't be to hard for anyone to guess who this very successful coach is.

I heard on Saturday that it is Miles Aldridge's job to turn down. He has a house in Charleston and could possibly make the move to the low country.

Originally posted by oldtimecoach:
Has he stayed anywhere more than a year or two?

Not sure; but I know he was commuting for the time he was at Spring Valley and that's why he went to NC, because they (he and wife) were living there. But they do have a home in Charleston and he loves the coast, so it would be a good final stop for him.

CRUZE, CRAIG, STACKLEY, CRUZE, AND CRUZE
laugh.r191677.gif

From my North Carolina friends - Capps has Not been fired,nor will ever be fired !!! He is loved and admired by the school and the town. The most likely answer is he has his 30 years in.

ITS A DONE DEAL, THE ASST FROM THE CREEK WILL BE THE COACH, ALL THIS HYPE IS JUST THAT, JB AINT BEEN RIGHT IN 15 YEARS?
dead.r191677.gif

You just have you're big (old) butt at Porter Gaud on March 21st. IF you want that shirt.

Originally posted by oldtimecoach:
He has in his 30 years. He has not been baptizing players.
It's obvious you don't know how to read.

Click on my link above and there's a pic with Capps in the pool during baptizing.

This is the caption under the pic:

In a photo posted to Mooresville Football's Twitter account last August, the coach can be seen standing in a baptismal pool with three young players who had decided to take the plunge. He was reportedly responsible for lifting players out of the water after the pastor dunked them in.

This is an important hire for the Creek; the wrong hire and this program could spiral back down to where it was at prior to Reedy's arrival.

Unless he has turned into a bald, black man he isn't Baptizing players.

Sorry to hurt your feelings Cocker.

Perhaps... just PERHAPS.... some of his players are Christian and want their coach involved in their life changing decisions. Believe it or not, coaches play HUGE rolls in their players' lives. I've been to funerals of players, players' grand parents, players' parents, and fellow coaches. Doesn't make me a mortician.

I've been to weddings of all associations with players - doesn't make me a justice of the peace or a pastor.

And yes, I have been to baptizism and other religious observations of my players. Doesn't make me a priest, rabbi, or cleric.

Think y'all need to find something else to tear a man down about. His faith - and the vaules found there - are the LAST of your own personal worries, I would imagine.

innocent0003.r191677.gif

For the record, he was never "caught" baptizing players. He shared an invitation to participate. Was it at school? In the courthouse? In a Muslim ceremony by the beach?

If the worst thing you can say about the coach is that he "supported a request " to be a part of a player's baptism, then speak on. As for praying before a game...any one of us who ever took a Chemistry exam probably has said a few words. You obviously don't like the man...without knowing him. I know him. He is a winner...as a coach and as a man helping young men in life.

206 wins in 23 years is impressive, but spending extra time with the players and their families is more impressive !!!!!

I wonder how the Hanahan faithful like it being publically known that their coach is a finalist for a job in the immediate next to them township.

Jcocker, I know exactly what happened. He is a man of strong faith and while he attended the baptism he did not baptize players. Period. He hasn't attempted to hide the details in any way, it's pretty common knowledge in NC. He's a good man and a good coach. I obviously know a lot more about this than you do regardless of what reading ability either of us has.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT