ADVERTISEMENT

Green Sea Football Job Open

Sorry Did not complete the original post. Heard Green Sea is looking for a Head Football Coach.

Needs to be someone from the community who can relate to the kids and familiar with how a few people in the community are. The best case here might need to be an in house hire.

Turf Ferguson would be the person to turn the program around. He's already been in contact with Larry Cecile and Alvie Chestnut. Getting the band back together...

It is awful quite about this job. Haven't heard any names being thrown around for this one. Except for Joey Price but he has already been grabbed by St. James. Anybody got any legitimate names for this one?

Would it be a good job for someone that came in and planned to be there? Not looking as a stepping stone but put roots down and live there?

I think it really needs to be someone that is from the area and familiar with the kids and community. Someone that is vested in the community maybe even someone that went to school there and played there.

Interviews were Tuesday. The number of interviews and names are being kept quiet. The rumors are they have their coach picked but are waiting for the school board to meet to announce the name. The horry county school board meets again on March 20th.

Reactions: Sleehrat84

kiefer-sutherland_l.jpg

Possibly a in county hire that needs to make the announcement to the school before it is announced publicly?

It would make sense to hire somebody local or a able coach that is already on staff. But still it should have been announced at the board meeting last night.

So yet another out of state hire??
...and another GREAT hire. Rod...you hate NC coaches more than anyone on this site. Why is that? Go ahead...it will do you some good to get it out of your system. (BTW...NC was "with" you in the War of Northern Aggression.) :)

As for this hire...this small community just hired one of the best. If you don't agree, just watch. He has taken schools like this and turned them into beasts on Friday nights. He will win the region within two years. That's all I am going to say 'bout that.

A school administration's job is to hire the best candidate they can to run their program, not to try to hire in-state people. In this case, they've done that. GSF could not have even hoped to hire someone of Coach Keifer's quality and experience. He has made a career of taking over terrible programs and making something out of them. He has tremendous respect among the coaching community. Maybe if you took the time to do a little research instead of worrying about geography, you could make more informed posts. Please tell me--where are the SC coaches with the kind of resume of Coach Keifer or Coach Price who have applied at St. James or Green Sea Floyds? Exactly, there aren't any. Veteran NC coaches are going to continue to cross the border after putting in their years in NC, in the same way that retired SC coaches crossed the border into NC in the past. Get used to it.

LOL

I love the North Carolina pride being shown here.

Now just get your restrooms figured out.

:cool:

(that's a joke for those of you new to this board and don't understand my snide sense of humor)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT