ADVERTISEMENT

hartsville win state by 3 over eastside

theruler02

Bench Warmer
May 19, 2003
hard fought game on both side i said who ever is going to win it was going to be close i didnt think it was going to be a blowout. the 2 top players in 3a and the 2 best teams, but hartsville fans have to give eastside credit a few plays here and there this game couldve went either way,, but i give hartsville credit the best team won

It was my first time seeing Hartsville play and I must say the Jaylen Shaw kid was very impressive. I know he's a bit on the small side, but surprised he hasn't been offered by USC or Clemson. He is very heady and has tremendous poise and court vision. I heard that Frank Martin visited Hartsville this season to see him play and Shaw scored 36. Overall, was a very good game. McGowens also played really well.

Was extremely impressed with the Shaw kid. As you said, pure shooter but patient, doesn't make mistakes.

It was a great game between two great teams.

No question the 2 best players in 3a played Saturday night. (theruler02) I think Eastside fans should give Hartsville credit a few shots here and there this game could have been a blow out!!! In favor of the Red Foxes!! You had to throw your cheap shot in just as I did. You did the same thing last year. But again just like last year at the end of the day Hartsville and the Lower State are at the top of the mountain!!
Football and Basketball!!

Are you serious (kellytown99) this game went back and forth the whole time the biggiest lead eastside had was about 7 and the biggiest lead hartsville had was about 7 also at the end of the 1st quart it was tied Hartsville had a 7 point lead at the half and eastside came back in the 3rd and tied it going into the 4th and it was tied and at the end of the 4th, i think the tied turn for Eastside when mcgowan went down with Cramps in ot eastside had a 1 point lead with about 3 mins to go and he was only out for a bout 2 possesions but it cost them big, when he went i actually said Hartsville was going to win, and i gave them they just due, but the reason why i said Hartsville fans have to give eastside credit cause before the game ppl was picking hartsville by double digits one guy i know said hartsville by 20,im like ur crazy i knew it wouldnt go be that cause i watch both teams play and i said who ever win it was going to be close

I will say the Hartsville folks who were calling for a 20 point win were living in fantasy land-- this game could have gone either way.

The Shaw kid was CLUTCH. If these teams play 10 times, it'd be pretty darn close to a 5/5 split.

But you only place once, and Hartsville took care of business.

In OT, when Eastside had a one point lead and the ball on the break their point guard tried to force a bounce pass to #20 and turned the ball over. I felt that he didn't have the angle and should of pull the ball out use some clock and or run a set to get a better shot. No need to rush at that point. Also, Shaw got hot and hit about three, three pointers and Eastside defenders keep going under the ball screen. A shooter like that you got to go over the screen or hedge hard and double off that screen. Make somebody else hurt you. My humble opinion. Hartsville did what they had to do. #35 from Eastside is a man. #20 is solid. Hartsville had the better team.

@clemsontyger04

I was calling for a double digit win for hartsville but obviously turned out much closer than I expected.

Honestly when Hartsville went up 10 in the second half I thought they were gonna run away with it. McGowens kept making plays and got to the free throw line often and Sherman hit some threes.

Great game to watch!

No matter how you guys break the game down HARTSVILLE WINS!! McGowens was asking to take a break early in the game. The kid looks to me like he is out of shape. McGowen may have been the best player on the court but the best team was Hartsville. 2 years in a row!!

I wished other players wouldve stepped up in this game for Eastside, Wesley Johnson is 6'9 the tallest player on the court by @ least 3 inches and he didnt do anything they shouldve tried to get him more establish in the paint , hes not dwight howard or anything but he can make a few plays here and there but to late now

I think the Eastside coaching staff shouldn't have called that time out when Eastside got that steal near midcourt at the end of regulation. It could have led to an easy bucket but instead the TO gave Hartsville time to set up their defense. But you know what they say, hindsight is 20/20.

Clemsontyger04!!! Maybe I maybe learnung disabled!!! But Hartsville wins again!! LOWERSTATE BACK 2 BACK!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT