ADVERTISEMENT

Job Board

Guru's what's your take on the job, is there a chance some of the other candidates have a chance. Personally, Boggs record don't say much for his ability.

His ability is FINE. KNUTE ROCKNE would not have a better record if he coached what Boggs did. Please- he won more than ANYONE else would have at Walhalla. At Westside he got a raw deal and had NONE of the perks that Earley HAS!

They are deciding today on a coach!

Well, great, I guess time will tell. Odd though that W/S goes 1/9, then goes 9/1. Must have been some REAL PERKS to turn it around that fast. You still have to coach what you have and W/S should never not win 50% of their games. Hope I'm wrong if he gets the job.

South Aiken

Any update on South Aiken? Who are the favorites?
question.r191677.gif

Actually the past few years BEFORE EARLEY- Westside was BAD and the record showed it. The were NOT 9-1 Last year.

Of course it helps when you bring in your coaches, can hire and fire at will, and can GIVE the kids all the NIKE stuff they want. Yeah- the perks were really good! Oh and you recruit a NEW QB as needed!

Pickens needs someone to reunite that community. It used to be a special place, but the mutiny of Tweito and the rise of the current admin have made the community very apathetic. Boggs is a Pickens native and is very well liked in the community. He will have as good a chance as any to bring them all back together. He will also be good at ridding the staff of some bad eggs. He's not afraid to tell someone to hit the road. As far as on the field, he is a good coach, despite the record. Had the misfortune of being at Walhalla when they were moved up to AAA. At Westside, he said many times he thought they were going to be good last season, he just didn't get the chance to coach them because of politics.

As far as who they hire, who knows with this admin. I do know they interviewed a former PHS player who hasn't coached in 5 or 6 years. That says alot to me.

This post was edited on 1/21 2:23 PM by The Guru's

Guru, OK, good info. Red Raider, my bad, 7-3,1 playoff win 8-4 overall. pays to verify what you here.

Boggs is the correct hire, we will see if the administration will do the right thing. He is what the flame need. It doesnt that Walhalla moved up to AAA, stayed at AA, or had dropped to A. Not many people will have a winning record there. Coach Pate was the last i remember to get them in the playoffs and even have a shot at beating Seneca.

Re: South Aiken

South Aiken:

Approx 20 interviews this week and last. 5 withdrew when they found out their salary and that Aiken County doesn't negotiate. Announcement at end of the month.

Pickens decision has been made. It will be announced after board approval Monday night.

Is it Boggs?.... what is the word that you have heard? Hope The Flame get a good coach... those boys, that school and the community deserve a quality HC. That town will embrace a winner... just hope the administration does likewise. GO BIG BLUE!

i guess the cat is out of the bag. Congratulations to coach Boggs.
http://www.wyff4.com/news/pickens-high-school-names-new-head-football-coach/30923388

Congrats Coach Boggs, Hope he does turn it around for the sake of the boys, school and community, guess we'll see.

hhhmmm.... a Boggs from Pickens that doesn't milk cows ....

haha. Good Luck Coach Boggs

Easley tried to hire 2 out of staters and were spurned by both. Were supposed to have a candidate for board approval last night. Now its back to the drawing board.

There's two guys in district that would a great job but the AD is trying to get one of his buddies from out of town to take the job.
This post was edited on 1/27 2:46 PM by 1ClemsonJR

Matt Campbell, VMI Assistant, named AD/Head Football at Lugoff-Elgin. Played at USC and for the Panthers. Seems like a very good hire for L-E. Campbell was one of the finalists at Clinton, so take him out of that one.
This post was edited on 1/27 4:17 PM by BallCoach17

Originally posted by BallCoach17:

Matt Campbell, VMI Assistant, named AD/Head Football at Lugoff-Elgin. Played at USC and for the Panthers. Seems like a very good hire for L-E. Campbell was one of the finalists at Clinton, so take him out of that one.
This post was edited on 1/27 4:17 PM by BallCoach17
I find this one a bit strange.

Interim after this long? Sounds like they are consulting with the Easley AD on how to conduct a search.

Coaching searches in the entire state have become such a FARCE! It is no longer about being a quality, qualified coach.

Schools now hire:
There BuddyThe next YOUNG BUCK stud who is totally unprovenFIRED college coaches who will be gone shortly!RECYCLE
The days of paying your dues as an assistant, coordinator then HC are LONG GONE! 20 years in coaching will now get you a PLAQUE if you joined the SCACA and that is about it.

It seems that many of our in-state coaches are not good enough for the jobs. Why are so many schools going out of state to bring in head coaches? There are plenty of qualified coordinators and HC's in the state.

Good question !!! I know several HC's in NC, that have moved there from SC. I think it has more to do with experience than it does of where they come from. If you can find the right guy does it matter what state(s) he coach at before ?

I think it has to do more with the fact that the hiring parties feel that they make more of a splash if they are able to bring in someone from out-of-state/far away.

Mox

Could be worse... they could use Carolina Forest's method from last year (I think).... a 4 month search, turned down by several... total collapse of common sense...

eek.r191677.gif

Originally posted by red raider alum:
Coaching searches in the entire state have become such a FARCE! It is no longer about being a quality, qualified coach.

Schools now hire:
There BuddyThe next YOUNG BUCK stud who is totally unprovenFIRED college coaches who will be gone shortly!RECYCLE
The days of paying your dues as an assistant, coordinator then HC are LONG GONE! 20 years in coaching will now get you a PLAQUE if you joined the SCACA and that is about it.
This should be on a billboard some place.

I would argue that "the next YOUNG BUCK unproven stud" is rarely a factor, anymore. We argue that the next generation of coaches SHOULD be afforded an opportunity to give it a shot, but recycling is the practice-of-choice.

Plus, considering that list...: Buddy, Young-buck, bad college coach, recycle... What else is left? I agree that the "buddy system" only works in public pools and hiking trails. Bad college coaches: well , that's a toss-up, because who knows why they couldn't make it on the collegiate level. And recycling bad coaches has NEVER made sense to me. But (assuming the GOOD coaches that succeed move up the ranks naturally), who else should schools hire? That really only leaves the young bucks and rolling the dice on coaches that couldn't hang on the college level.

And also, grammar-Nazi: *Their (I'm sorry... this bugged me, and I hate being THAT guy)

Chris Hamilton, OL/Strength Coach at Lexington, was approved by the school board tonight for the South Aiken job.

Goose Creek
CA Johnson
Andrew Jackson
Easley
Eau Claire
Fox Creek
East Clarendon
Calhoun Falls

Are these the only jobs still open in the state? Who are the finalists/favorites for these jobs?

Originally posted by NewGamecock_07:

CA Johnson
Andrew Jackson
Easley
Eau Claire
Fox Creek
East Clarendon
Calhoun Falls

Are these the only jobs still open in the state? Who are the finalists/favorites for these jobs?
A bunch of juggernauts!

Easley was a powerhouse and I believe can be really good again, with the right HC and staff. Those Columbia schools...good luck to the coach that tries those train-wrecks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT