ADVERTISEMENT

Job Board

Red Raider.....he may have been in the mix but that isn't the guy from what I am hearing. Should know something tomorrow.

Parks is the coach at Lakewood.

Bump to update Eastside.

South Aiken and Clinton interviews this week.

Raider..... you think the job (Pickens) is Boggs' if he wants it? I have heard good things about him from trusted sources.

Fold- you will NOT go wrong with Boggs- his system would fit Pickens to a T.

Another one interviewing at Pickens would ALSO be a GREAT hire. Either of these 2 would do WONDERS for PICKENS BLUE FLAME football!

I've heard Boggs is a done deal at Pickens.
Easley has interviewed a couple different guys with upstate ties.
Should have decisions late this week/early next week.

Boggs will be a good hire at Pickens.

I'm hearing Amick (Kemper) may be a possibility at Clinton.

Originally posted by JB@Rivals:
Boggs will be a good hire at Pickens.

I'm hearing Amick (Kemper) may be a possibility at Clinton.
That would be a STRONG hire for Clinnon.

Heard Midlands HC and Lower State HC names for Lugoff. Lower Stater also in mix at Ridge View.

"I heard this. I heard that." Those little birds spend a lot of time chirping.
Jeff-Semmerling1.jpg

Originally posted by Rod Dangerfield:

Originally posted by BallCoach17:

Heard Midlands HC and Lower State HC names for Lugoff. Lower Stater also in mix at Ridge View.
Vague posts like these SUCK!
One may be trading a "Pleasant" place to live for the shores of Lake Wateree.

As for as the pickens job I know they are interviewing into next week. So, your saying everyone else is a formality. Actually heard they had quite a few good candidates including a couple young coaches.
This post was edited on 1/13 2:16 PM by DWDBLU

As far as Pickens, every one seems to be leaning toward Boggs. I don't know the guy at all, but wonder why some seem to be so sure about him being the perfect guy for the job. These days, Pickens is not an easy job. Boggs had two other gigs that weren't considered easy jobs. Problem I would have is that little seemed to be done at either stop to make one think that he would have the magic potion in Pickens.

Exactly, some on here think he got done wrong at last HC job, but that doesn't change the win/loss column when the next yr. same team makes the playoffs with different coach. I would think there are better options than same old song and dance at Pickens.

This post was edited on 1/14 9:50 AM by Dblu89

This post was edited on 1/14 9:56 AM by Dblu89

Originally posted by Rod Dangerfield:

Vague posts like these SUCK!
One may be trading a "Pleasant" place to live for the shores of Lake Wateree.
That sounds dumb. Noonan would leave Wando for freakin' Lugoff-Elgin?!

This post was edited on 1/14 12:01 PM by Rod Dangerfield

Perry Parks will be the new HC at Ridge View. Parks was 9-22 in 3 seasons at Lakewood.
As political of a hire as one can make. That school distict has 5 high schools. The other 4 have white head coaches. You get my drift?

No high school in that district is majority white. Ridge View is on the verge of or may have already passed RNE as being the least white school. Blythewood has the most white population and that is around 40%.

It is in my opinion, that there should be an investigation of the decision makers at Ridge View, if this hire comes to pass. There has to be some form of ethics violation that happened here. Now, if the board does not approve the hire, what other coach would want it, knowing they were originally eliminated for said coach.

My guess is that the coach from Wando is Drew Hummel, former HC at Carolina Forest.

Originally posted by Dingus MaGee:
It is in my opinion, that there should be an investigation of the decision makers at Ridge View, if this hire comes to pass. There has to be some form of ethics violation that happened here. Now, if the board does not approve the hire, what other coach would want it, knowing they were originally eliminated for said coach.
In the State paper, FWIW, that the board has already approved the hire.

Re:

dfold, what have you heard that makes you think good things are coming to Pickens and does that include a Boggs hire. Not sure that he's the answer. Better options out there I would think. Time to stop business as usual.

Originally posted by red raider alum:
I know a couple of real good AAAA coordinators that would Love to coach the Lakewood Gators
Bet it's hard to get good assistants there.

As political of a hire as one can make. That school distict has 5 high schools. The other 4 have white head coaches. You get my drift?

It is in my opinion, that there should be an investigation of the decision makers at Ridge View, if this hire comes to pass. There has to be some form of ethics violation that happened here. Now, if the board does not approve the hire, what other coach would want it, knowing they were originally eliminated for said coach

Some really ugly things being said about Ridge View, and the people saying them obviously know nothing of Lakewood, Perry Parks, etc. Check out the website www.scfootballhistory and see who has won big or consistently at Lakewood. The last coach left after a stud QB left, so ANYBODY coming in was in a start-from-scratch situation (at least offensively).

Also check www.scfootballhistory to see the gradual and impressive progression Lakewood made in three years. Maybe that's why Coach Parks was selected as Region 6-3AAA Coach of the Year. Also check the job that Coach Parks did with the strength program. Lakewood will have to fill both sets of shoes.

Originally posted by KMK Black Steel:

It is in my opinion, that there should be an investigation of the decision makers at Ridge View, if this hire comes to pass. There has to be some form of ethics violation that happened here. Now, if the board does not approve the hire, what other coach would want it, knowing they were originally eliminated for said coach

Some really ugly things being said about Ridge View, and the people saying them obviously know nothing of Lakewood, Perry Parks, etc. Check out the website www.scfootballhistory and see who has won big or consistently at Lakewood. The last coach left after a stud QB left, so ANYBODY coming in was in a start-from-scratch situation (at least offensively).

Also check www.scfootballhistory to see the gradual and impressive progression Lakewood made in three years. Maybe that's why Coach Parks was selected as Region 6-3AAA Coach of the Year. Also check the job that Coach Parks did with the strength program. Lakewood will have to fill both sets of shoes.
What ever you say there, Black Steel. One simply does not have a career record as poor as Parks' & have as little experience as Parks & land a AAAA head coaching job in this state. Something doesn't compute.

Parks has connections with the RV principal. His mother and her are friends. @JB They offered the job to Greg Porter first, he could not / did not want to fight Greenville county to get out of his current contract. So he did in fact interview.

I agree with the majority of the post. AAAA jobs in SC are no joke. Even taking a program that has not won in a while is tough. You cant go out and schedule A schools like he did at Lakewood. The points for beating them does not help you and it does not get your players ready for anything. If he schedules games like he did a Lakewood they will get torn apart in the Region.

Politics and connections dont win games in AAAA. Period.

JB, What if anything are you hearing on the Pickens job. No chatter lately, but I heard interviews continued into this week. Seems like a lot of wasted time and money for guys if it's already been decided for Boggs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT