ADVERTISEMENT

Job Openings

we are not talking about a small school job if they can let the football coach just coach football, basketball teaching spot could be created. The kids deserve someone who can get them where they need to be. The proven coach is right up I26 near border. Spart is a place where WINNING matters !! Not just a program you throw anyone into, the kids deserve best they can get if they want to compete in 4A ball.

Its not like SHS has been dominant or making upperstate championship game or anything. May be a powerhouse historically but the past is the past. I dont see the problem keeping Ford there to lead that program its a risk on anybody you hire. Give this guy a chance to restore the tradition at that program.

The Ford guy might be the guy for the job, I do not know him or anything about him. I just don't see Spartanburg turning this thing over to a guy who has never been a head coach on HS level. Or has the ford guy been head coach?

atta boy THT keep tooting your own horn! Maybe the powers that be at Spartanburg are watching on here and will listen!

gee why so sensitive? Just keep tooting your horn maybe you will get out of Landrum.

Jhawk, Not from Landrum, nor do I know Coach Smith personally What I do know is that Landrum would have whoop your teams butt.

nah when Landrum played us in the scrimmage with TRUE landrum players not your recruits I believe the score was opposite of what you predicted. But then again you know that cause you came in the door making execuses. Does Dr Garner not have an issue with District 1 teachers being on the internet instead of teaching their classes?

Ummm, Dr. garner??? Me a teacher? No way I could deal with kids these days in a classroom setting. Honey, not sure what you are talking about there.

Look it is very apparent you have issue with Landrum for some reason, not sure why but bashing any school/coaches on message boards is crazy.

Please do me a favor, if you ever see any of my post, please, please ignore them. Think you can do that? Not all people will get along and we will just choose to disagree with each other. My momma always said if you ain't got nothing nice to say dont say it at all. Looks like I will not have anything nice to say to you, so I will ignore your all your post from now on.

Your only responsible for about 25 guys between JV and Varsity does not matter how big the school is the game does'nt change

Lewisville is in talks with a strong candidate, but dont think it is going to happen.

Scott Weaver strategically placed himself in the stands at the Lake Marion Gym in December with clipboard in hand.
The
former Orangeburg Prep standout and Calhoun Academy coach looked on
hoping to find the next Gladiator to boost the relatively new program at
Orangeburg-Calhoun Prep Academy. His passion for and knowledge of the
game were just a couple of the reasons that Weaver was promoted from
assistant to head coach for the Gladiators.Weaver takes over for
Jacob Laurie who led the team to a 35-14 record over the last two years.
Now, Laurie will be taking over at Columbia Prep.

Scott Weaver to Lead OCPA

Originally posted by aziatic41:
They will probably give this job to Hal's assistant Ford. I mean there are not a lot of proven "young" head coaches out there. Its mainly a lot of young assistants out there. And if they are going to hire an assistant from another school then why not just keep Ford since he's already there. But it would seem more logical that a big school like Spartanburg would at least post this job opening and interview multiple people instead of just giving it Ford.
Per Kevin Melton Todd Staley named as AD and Fred Ford named Hoops coach.

Aaron Lucas is no stranger to basketball fans in the Midlands.

Lucas was one of the top guards in state coming out of Richland
Northeast High School and he took his talents across town where he
played for USC.

Now, the former Cavalier is returning to his alma mater where he will lead the varsity boys basketball program.

Lucas' hiring became official Monday night after the Richland 2 District school board approved the decision.
He replaces former RNE coach Jason Powell who left to become the athletics director at Westwood High School.

Aaron Lucas to Richland NE

Blacksburg is open- Travis Miller goes to Boiling Springs as OC. Interesting to see what will happen in a year- if Hal decides not to coach basketball, this sets up Miller as head bball coach for boiling springs, or Hal has himself a very capable lead assistant if he decides to remove Browning.

Jim
Still confirmed Wednesday he resigned as Greenwood High School's boys
basketball coach. He will remain a teacher at the school, as well as
boys tennis coach.
The Eagles' boys basketball team finished this
past season 7-13, and was 37-52 under Still, dating back to the 2009-10
season when he became interim coach, taking over for the resigned Hob
Chandler. Still became full-time coach, starting with the 2010-11
campaign.

Greenwood Coach

McCormick High School boys basketball coach Miguel Burns confirmed Monday he resigned to take a teaching job at Midland Valley Charter Prep in Graniteville.
Burns,
who coached the Chiefs the past two seasons, compiled a 32-15 record
with the 2011-12 Region 1-A title and Class A Upper State semifinal
appearance.

McCormick High School Coach

Despite trying to walk away from the game a year ago, the itch to
coach got the best of Kenneth Green, who was announced Wednesday as the
new head boys' basketball coach at Colleton County High School.

"I love the game of basketball, and I love coaching it," said
Green, a 28-year coaching veteran who retired following the 2011-12
season to spend more time with his teenage children.
So, when Green heard that Michael Tew, a longtime friend and amiable
rival of his in the S.C. basketball coaching fraternity, had resigned
from his post at CCHS to take the head coaching job at Nation Ford High
School in Fort Mill, he decided to throw his
name in the hat for the
open CCHS job.
Coincidentally, Green said, the desire to coach again had actually
motivated him to contact Tew just two months before to float the idea of
coming out of retirement to serve as one of his assistants next season.

Instead, Green, who was the head coach at nearby
Woodland High School located outside St. George prior to his retirement,
will now be leading the Cougars.

Colleton County HS Coach

When the new school year starts in a little more than a month, Kelcey Stevens' morning commute will be a whole lot shorter.
Stevens was named the new boys basketball
coach at Greenwood High School on Wednesday, Greenwood School District
50 announced in a press release. Stevens spent the previous four years
in the same position at Saluda.
A
2003 graduate of Lander University, Stevens led the Saluda program to a
28-18 record the last two seasons, and was named the Region 2-AA Coach
of the Year in 2012. He was also named Saluda's Teacher of the Year last
school year.

Kelcey Stevens to Greenwood

When Greenwood High School needed a new boys basketball coach, it resulted in an exhaustive search that lasted nearly a month.
When
that search landed Greenwood former Saluda coach Kelcey Stevens, Saluda
athletic director Doug Painter wanted no part of such a shift in his basketball program.
Painter
confirmed Wednesday night the school decided to promote Stevens'
assistant, Jonathan Ergle, to head coach for the upcoming school year.
Ergle,
the football program's offensive coordinator, served as an assistant at
Saluda for 10 years under three different head coaches, including the
last 4 years under Stevens. He takes over a team that went 14-8 a season
ago and finished third in Region 2-AA. The Tigers lost to Crescent in
the first round of the playoffs.

Jonathan Ergle Promoted at Saluda

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT