ADVERTISEMENT

Legion League Standings

ALBonSCV

Rookie
Apr 17, 2013
Please comment below if these are not correct.

LEAGUE 1
Goose Creek 2-0
Beaufort 4-1
Hampton 2-2
Orangeburg 0-3
Walterboro 1-3

LEAGUE 2
Florence 1-0
Georgetown 2-1
Horry 2-2
Murrells Inlet 1-3

LEAGUE 3
Sumter 5-1
Manning 5-1
Camden 1-2
Hartsville 1-5
Dalzell 0-3

LEAGUE 8
Chapin/Newberry 4-0
Aiken 3-2
Lexington 2-1
Lower Lexington 1-4
West Columbia 0-3

LEAGUE 5
York 5-0
Rock Hill 3-0
Ft. Mill 3-0
Lancaster 0-5
Chester 0-6

LEAGUE 6
Gaffney 3-0
Inman 4-1
Spartanburg 1-1
Union B 0-0
Union A 1-2

LEAGUE 7
Anderson 2-0
Greenville 5-1
Walhalla 3-1
Greenwood 2-3
Easley 0-2
Williamston 0-5

Last edited:
Reactions: NA_JACKET
According to this morning's paper, Inman is now 3-2, with the losses coming against Spartanburg last week, and Gaffney last night.

Spartanburg is 3-1, with the only loss coming to Inman a couple of weeks ago.

Gaffney is 4-0, but 2 of those were forfeits by Union Post 22. But, based on last night's thrashing of Inman, Gaffney may be the team to beat in the league. We'll know more after they play Spartanburg tonight and again Thursday.

LEAGUE 1
Goose Creek 2-0
Beaufort 4-1
Hampton 2-2
Orangeburg 0-3
Walterboro 1-3

LEAGUE 2
Florence 1-0
Georgetown 2-1
Horry 2-2
Murrells Inlet 1-3

LEAGUE 3
Sumter 5-1
Manning 5-1
Camden 1-2
Hartsville 1-5
Dalzell 0-3

LEAGUE 8
Chapin/Newberry 4-0
Aiken 3-2
Lexington 2-1
Lower Lexington 1-4
West Columbia 0-3

LEAGUE 5
York 5-0
Rock Hill 3-0
Ft. Mill 3-0
Lancaster 0-5
Chester 0-6

LEAGUE 6
Gaffney 3-0
Inman 4-1
Spartanburg 1-1
Union B 0-0
Union A 1-2

LEAGUE 7
Anderson 2-0
Greenville 5-1
Walhalla 3-1
Greenwood 2-3
Easley 0-2
Williamston 0-5

LEAGUE 1
Goose Creek 2-0
Beaufort 4-1
Hampton 2-2
Orangeburg 0-3
Walterboro 1-3

LEAGUE 2
Florence 1-0
Georgetown 2-1
Horry 2-2
Murrells Inlet 1-3

LEAGUE 3
Sumter 5-1
Manning 5-1
Camden 1-2
Hartsville 1-5
Dalzell 0-3

LEAGUE 8
Chapin/Newberry 4-0
Aiken 3-2
Lexington 2-1
Lower Lexington 1-4
West Columbia 0-3

LEAGUE 5
York 5-0
Rock Hill 3-0
Ft. Mill 3-0
Lancaster 0-5
Chester 0-6

LEAGUE 6
Gaffney 3-0
Inman 4-1
Spartanburg 1-1
Union B 0-0
Union A 1-2

LEAGUE 7
Anderson 2-0
Greenville 5-1
Walhalla 3-1
Greenwood 2-3
Easley 0-2
Williamston 0-5
LEAGUE 7
Anderson 6-3
Greenwood 6-3
Greenville 5-4
Easley 5-3
Walhalla 2-6
Williamston 1-8

Walhalla had ineligible players playing, and have at least vacated 4 wins. Greenwood and Easley have both picked up 2 wins a piece.

Just curious, but what was the reason for the ineligibility? I'm guessing they attended the wrong schools, but it could be something else.

How does that even happen!!!!! With social media and kids playing together on so many teams you are bound to get caught!!!

Don't quote me on this but isn't this the league that keeps having issues with ineligible players. Last year Greenville in the state tournament. Year before that Williamston or Belton took players from Greer or Easley when they folded.

The coach at Walhalla doesn't know the rules. Great guy, but them and Williamston are travel ball teams basically who decided to join legion for more games. He really honestly thought the players were of in Walhalla and he'll be the first to tell you he doesn't know all these "stupid rules" which who does. Greenville only had 11 players for the state tournament last year and wasn't allowed to play.

That may be so, but age rule is pretty cut and dry. I'd understand if it was something else like attending the wrong school and all. The American Legion Handbook has it cut and dry that in it. Whether or not he got one would be the question. It's kind of hard to argue that "If a Player was born in 1996, that that kid is not eligible for Senior Legion Baseball." I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt, but that's hard to do with that being straight from the handbook.

Reactions: Dawgpoundit
Greenville's issue at the state tournament was kids being sent home after getting busted drinking in their hotel room in Sumter. Stupid is as stupid does. Those kids basically gave the middle finger to the rest of their teammates and screwed their opportunity. I found it ridiculous though for the legion to punish the remainder of the team and those families that traveled all the way down there to play. They should have been allowed to compete.
But they (the legion leadership) much like our government, decides which rules/laws to enforce and which to turn a blind eye. If I remember correctly, right before that Sumter was responsible for a benches clearing brawl during a playoff game, that, by rule, should have made THAT team DQ'd for the state tournament. But they chose to ignore that rule. So.................what's the point in having rules?.

Reactions: ALBPost20
Yes I agree, instead they got to be home team in the first game with a the higher seeding because they hosted the tournament last season. Just the way the cookie crumbles in I guess...

They were in a tough place. If they disqualified Sumter i'm sure Sumter wouldn't continue hosting the State Tournament. That's why they need to play at a neutral site or Sumter has them by the balls. Columbia Fireflies stadium would be nice!

I think the SC Baseball Coaches Assn. looked into renting Spirit Communications Park in Cola for its all-star game week but the cost was pretty steep. They also tried the stadium in Lexington where Blowfish play and found the rental fee too much and they moved it to Lexington High. Don't know how much state Legion would be willing to pay for 4-5 days at either of those fields. Have to figure they are getting a deal in Sumter.

They were in a tough place. If they disqualified Sumter i'm sure Sumter wouldn't continue hosting the State Tournament. That's why they need to play at a neutral site or Sumter has them by the balls. Columbia Fireflies stadium would be nice!

So, by following the rules set out by their own mouths/the organization would put them in a tough place? No offense, but I ain't buying that one. If anything, they had a moral and ethical obligation to enforce their own rule(s). Don't they make these kids recite the following prior to every game: "I will keep the rules. Keep faith with my teammates. Keep my temper. Keep myself fit. Keep a stout heart in defeat. Keep my pride under [control] in victory. Keep a sound soul. A clean mind. And a healthy body." I thought part of this was teaching young people how to act appropriately.

Either get rid of the pre-game ritual of reciting the code or else abide by it. It's that simple. If you're going to wear a uniform with a Legion patch on it, remember who you're representing. And if you are the policing agency of your product, police it. By using the rules you have provided.

I don't care if the state tournament is played on a parks and rec field. They can find somewhere that the community will support it without charging them an arm and a leg to host it. It was one year. If anyone is "scared" that Sumter won't host under those circumstances, then the slippery slope that has been created by the old guard in ALB in this state needs to be addressed. The good old boy network is not always making decisions in the best interest of the kids playing the game. The Sumter legion leadership should have stood up and done the right thing but they chose to turn their backs. But they didn't hesitate to throw the Greenville team out of the state tournament when they were to face them in the bracket the day after the drinking incident. Hmmmmm............

Dawgpoundit

I totally agree with you that Sumter should of been disqualified from the state tournament.

But if they pulled it from Sumter what are they going to do? It is a full year of planning. You have to pay for at least 50+ hotel rooms. Food for everyone. You can't just all of a sudden put that together in a couple weeks. Get all the volunteers ect. The South Carolina legion doesn't have enough money to do that.

The good old boys need to get off their butts and fund raise and find a neutral location. Same place every year for the kids to look forward to going to play.

Dawgpoundit

I totally agree with you that Sumter should of been disqualified from the state tournament.

But if they pulled it from Sumter what are they going to do? It is a full year of planning. You have to pay for at least 50+ hotel rooms. Food for everyone. You can't just all of a sudden put that together in a couple weeks. Get all the volunteers ect. The South Carolina legion doesn't have enough money to do that.

The good old boys need to get off their butts and fund raise and find a neutral location. Same place every year for the kids to look forward to going to play.

Why do you assume that they wouldn't have still hosted the tournament? Just because Sumter's team was DQ'd wouldn't have had anything to do with their hosting the tournament by the men and women of Sumter's American Legion Post. I am sure the ADULT veterans of their post would still have followed through with their commitment to the kids. It's the leadership of the baseball arm of the American Legion in the state that seem to have no common sense, but I wouldn't extend that to the members of Sumter's Legion Post. And I don't know why the one year their team would have been appropriately removed from consideration, would affect the post's future hospitality and efforts in hosting. I wouldn't think they would be that petty. But who knows.

I may be wrong but from just listing to the Sumter legion members from the state tournament I think they would of pulled it. I think it is to a point now if Sumter doesn't host it who will? I don't think their are a lot of people out there that will volunteer all that time and work to put it together. Maybe a florence or Chapin Newberry

Florence has hosted several times, and probably would again. Spartanburg has also hosted quite a few times, the most recent being 2009 I believe. Of course, we don't want to talk about that year. ;-) I think Spartanburg is hosting the Junior tournament this year, so the Seniors might also be a possibility. I'm surprised Union has never done it. I still say Inman Mills is the best place in the state to watch a game. Or course, Legion politics being what they are, it probably takes a lot of "pull" to be awarded the Senior tournament.

League III (thru June 27)

1. Sumter 9-2
2. Camden 8-3
3. Manning-Santee 5-6
4. Hartsville 4-8
5. Dalzell-Shaw 2-9

Rock Hill beat Fort Mill 13-12 tonight

1. Rock Hill 11-1- Clinched first seed
2. Fort Mill 8-3- Fort Mill and York will play each other for the right of 2nd seed.
3. York 7-4
4. Lancaster 3-9 Forfeit
5. Chester 0-12 Possible 4th seed

Lancaster lost 15-1 tonight against York. Lancaster has informed the league director that they will forfeit tomorrows game against Rock Hill and forfeit their playoff spot. Reasoning I am being told is they do not have enough players (Commited Players)

If Chester doesn't want to play idk what the state will do!

LEAGUE 6.
I don't know the exact won-loss records. And, since some teams have multiple "wins" by forfeit, I don't know that it really matters. However, these are the current standings:
1. Gaffney is in first place with 1 loss to Inman. The teams are scheduled to play Friday and again Saturday. If Gaffney wins Friday (or Saturday), I think they clinch because that would give Inman 3 losses, and the most Gaffney could end up with would be 2.
2. Inman is in second place with 2 losses, 1 to Gaffney and 1 to Sptbg. I'm pretty sure Inman has to win Friday AND Saturday to take first.
3. Spartanburg finishes 3rd with 7 or 8 losses.
4. Tommy's Traveling Allstars finish 4th with approximately 14 losses.

Gaffney/Inman fans. If this is incorrect, please let me know.

So it would appear that there will be teams headed to the playoffs with zero wins? Wow this is just amazing.
More likely Chester will decide that there is no point in driving back and forth to BF Egypt for a losing cause. Odds are they forfeit as well. Which means their first round opponent will end up getting a bye.

Greenville will get a bye from league 7. Chester said they didn't deserve making the playoffs not winning a game in their league!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT