ADVERTISEMENT

Manning?

He has been very good at 2A Timberland for many years now and his kids have graduated so perhaps he wants another new challenge. Do not understand the Manning interest? It is not what it used to be. Don't look past Cribb from Hemingway to get that job. On the other hand, Berkley is still a great place to be as a coach. There will be some very well known coaches going for that one and the biggest question is whether or not the county, school admin, and community wants another go with Dr. Brown who is obviously a great coach. Will it be worth it from an age standpoint? OR will they go with a person who CAN and will stay there for many many years while bringing back the winning tradition? time will tell on this one and it will be in the next 3 weeks.

REMEMBER CRAIG WON AT CROSS TOO. HE LIVES IN THE CORNER, STILL LIKE BROWN BACK

JB...you sure Kennedy interviewed? Just got a text from a coach that is very close to him & he said he did get a call but never actually interviewed...just curious

NEVER FORGET ON A SUNDAY IN GREENWAVE TOWN THE SUMTER GAMECOCKS WITH KEITH WEST UPSET BIG JOHN

I don't think he ever interviewed; there was a discussion on what it would take to get him there. Don't know that he actually formally interviewed.

I haven't heard of anything about Manning consolidating with any school. Maybe the districts will consolidate in the future but I can't see Manning consolidating with Scott's Branch or East Clarendon.

He has been very good at 2A Timberland for many years now and his kids have graduated so perhaps he wants another new challenge. Do not understand the Manning interest? It is not what it used to be. Don't look past Cribb from Hemingway to get that job. On the other hand, Berkley is still a great place to be as a coach. There will be some very well known coaches going for that one and the biggest question is whether or not the county, school admin, and community wants another go with Dr. Brown who is obviously a great coach. Will it be worth it from an age standpoint? OR will they go with a person who CAN and will stay there for many many years while bringing back the winning tradition? time will tell on this one and it will be in the next 3 weeks.
Manning needs to bring name recognition and look for an upstart head coach. Recycling the old will not move Manning nor their students to the next level.

Wonder why West didn't get the job @ Sumter when it came open last year? I know they hired a perennial winner but it seems West would have wanted it long term.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT