ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina States on TV

darth vomitus

All-State Pick
Jul 9, 2005
Not sure how many of you in the state have Spectrum (formerly TWC), but last night the Spectrum Sports Channel (77 in the Midlands) televised the 1A & 2A NC finals. I believe they are re-showing it now. Tonight starting at 7 they are showing the 3A & 4A finals.

I was not in Anderson this year, so I cannot make a comparison between the SC & NC finals; however, I can say that they do a much better job hosting. It was held in the Greensboro Coliseum with 10 mats over three days.

In the 1A finals there was a pin by Spoleto (sp) and a pin by a banana split, grapevine, crucifix, or whatever you want to call it when a guy's legs are pulled apart and his soft parts shoot out of the singlet and hit the ceiling.

In the 2A finals a kid named Monday won. He is a 2x champ from Texas. Since Kenny Monday used to run a club in the Dallas area before moving to Chapel Hill I'm betting this was his kid.

Not sure if anyone is watching this, but they bumped it for swimming - I set my dvr to record the wrestling last night. Their guide says tomorrow night and the 5th... but obviously their guide is prone to changing as I'm watching diving right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT