ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern and Greenwood

Mar 31, 2014
So does this game determine how good Greenwood's gonna be this year? We all know they want beat Spartanburg.. And starting out 1-3 (if northwestern beat them) isn't good... Especially when the region has gotten better.

So does this game determine how good Greenwood's gonna be this year? We all know they want beat Spartanburg.. And starting out 1-3 (if northwestern beat them) isn't good... Especially when the region has gotten better.

Why doesn't Greenwood want to beat Spartanburg?!

They're not going to lol, we know that.. I'm a Greenwood native former player.. That's why this week's important.. We had alot better defense last year and Feaster didn't play.

Greenwood's defense really need to show up for this game. We need several turnovers to give us a chance to win.

I wish we could at least throw 25 to 30 times a game but I guess we just a running team this year.

Ik right, I guess WRs there just to block. If we threw more than we ran, I think that a help the running game.

Looking at northwestern game last week vs Irom I think they found that stride..

But I'm waiting to see this week.. I stay in rock hill but I'm from greenwood alot of trash talking.

After having watched Greenwood this past week again, I continue to say until they either get a passing game or a QB they will not be a factor in the "BIG PICTURE" this year. Penalties and lack of any consistent passing to open up what could and should be an incredible running game will never happen. Hillcrest and Westside will beat you in Region play if something doesn't change damn quick!! Those that want to argue the facts are out there in film and productivity numbers. You can throw nickle and dime stuff, but you have to also be able to open the field for the runners to run.

After having watched Greenwood this past week again, I continue to say until they either get a passing game or a QB they will not be a factor in the "BIG PICTURE" this year. Penalties and lack of any consistent passing to open up what could and should be an incredible running game will never happen. Hillcrest and Westside will beat you in Region play if something doesn't change damn quick!! Those that want to argue the facts are out there in film and productivity numbers. You can throw nickle and dime stuff, but you have to also be able to open the field for the runners to run.
Exactly!!

Greenwood97 I had to do some homework before I commented on your post. Pippin in the past has been a 60/40 passing offense. He didn't revert to the run game until he felt he was in the lead and was trying to chew up the clock. But that has also been his Achilles in that he doesn't believe in running the score up on opponents and he lets them back into games often times when they should have been dead and buried! Get a QB and your problems are solved, until then you will win some and lose some but never take home the trophy!

We will just have to see if Greenwood will be a factor late? Who would've thought we'd make the semis with a first year coach and offense last year? You never know. I've been talking with Pippin. He has my support 100 percent.

Greenwood97 I had to do some homework before I commented on your post. Pippin in the past has been a 60/40 passing offense. He didn't revert to the run game until he felt he was in the lead and was trying to chew up the clock. But that has also been his Achilles in that he doesn't believe in running the score up on opponents and he lets them back into games often times when they should have been dead and buried! Get a QB and your problems are solved, until then you will win some and lose some but never take home the trophy!

QB isn't bad. They're calling conservative plays.

If Greenwood played a soft schedule they'd look like world beaters, but we don't. So it is what it is. At the least, we know what needs to be improved. If you play soft you don't know where you really stand.

True Pippin didn't ask for this schedule from Hell. And normally Greenwood does play a couple tough teams a year. I would anticipate them making it into the playoffs in the future looking at the Region lineup, but once you get there all bets are off the table. That was the problem he had at North Augusta. Not enough players to fight the depth of the larger schools.

True Pippin didn't ask for this schedule from Hell. And normally Greenwood does play a couple tough teams a year. I would anticipate them making it into the playoffs in the future looking at the Region lineup, but once you get there all bets are off the table. That was the problem he had at North Augusta. Not enough players to fight the depth of the larger schools.

Not enough depth??? Greenwood had six more players on the roster than Dorman. Depth wasn't the issue. It was play calling in the course of the game.

Not enough depth??? Greenwood had six more players on the roster than Dorman. Depth wasn't the issue. It was play calling in the course of the game.
Agreed. Depth wasn't an issue. Dorman played smarter. You would have to be around Greenwood to know that though.

Sorry I didn't count the players on the sidelines! Maybe I should next time. LOL I will see Greenwood again when you play Spartanburg. Northwestern is always a good game though. P.S. I never trust Rosters!!

GWOOD will not be a factor- will finish 3rd or most likely 4th in Region 1.
CANNOT beat Westside, Hillcrest and maybe HANNA.

Sorry I didn't count the players on the sidelines! Maybe I should next time. LOL I will see Greenwood again when you play Spartanburg. Northwestern is always a good game though. P.S. I never trust Rosters!!

We counted the players at the game to make sure the rosters were correct.

GWOOD will not be a factor- will finish 3rd or most likely 4th in Region 1.
CANNOT beat Westside, Hillcrest and maybe HANNA.

I partially agree. I think Greenwood will finish 3rd. Hanna will not beat Greenwood. Barring injuries and turnovers, I think both Hillcrest and Westside beat Greenwood this year.

The Best Greenwood finishes is 2nd. The question is whether they can keep from finishing 3rd!! I hope they can win it all, but I just don't see it happening unless some major improvements happen quickly. "IF" you lose two of the next three games moral is going to be in the tank. Pippin would have to be a GOD to work a miracle and win Region then. :)

One word for the Greenwood vs Northwestern game........ OUCH

HHhmmm.... so all the flak that JB took at the beginning of the season about some perceived slight because of a low ranking.... is... now.... what?

Prophecy?

;)

No worries "G-wood"... there are some "W's" on your schedule. I agree with the comment above about being ready by the playoffs.... y'all will be alright.

:cool:

No one said that Greenwood was going to beat Northwestern and Spartanburg this year. Those teams are the best in the state right now along with Byrnes.

Greenwood came out flat and they got flatten! Just being honest. I was on the sideline all night... We corrected penalties I think we had 5 at the most... But secondary issues BIG PROBLEM.

Who came to the game??

Y'all see how #9 CJ Jackson moves the offense and throw the ball? But #12 Roshun Jackson can't get it going. I'm just saying

you are not the only one who noticed CJ. joe. Team mates respect him .he's a great kid who accepts responsibility well. As I remember the issue was not of Greenwoods low ranking ,DACOACH, it was of Westside high ranking. Westside is doing well but not playing any ranked teams yet. Westside has only beat Greenwood once in 17 years. Hanna has not done that. Now that may change this year but i ask you, what are the odds. Greenwood has some weaknesses that are being exposed by some very good teams. Hopefully the coaches can fix those issues.Just my two cents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT