ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Conway

Originally posted by jimnasium:
Originally posted by HWY9:
Shut up cheaters Hanahan Hawks are next.
LOL...you da man.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

See you at the 2015 CNB Kick Off Classic!

This post was edited on 11/8 1:43 PM by jumbob

You're dang right I'm a conway fan. We lost. Fine. I'll give you that. We had opportunities but didn't capitalize. The defending state champions letting a team like that is embarrassing and I'll take that to my grave. Take it how you want it. Oh and it's kind of bad when the sun news gets a picture if the seahawks cheating and plasters it on the front page. Was there a call on that play? Nope.thats where I'll leave it
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Conway fans might want to worry about Conway.

Another disappointing 2-9 season. It's evident your program is in a downward spiral.

Since your last winning season in 2008:

2009: 5-7
2010: 5-7
2011: 8-4
2012: 5-7
2013: 2-9
2014: 2-9

Team record: 27-43
Playoffs: 0-4
Region titles: 0
Region play: 11-17

Conway football program has Colleton County written all over it. A well liked coach that overstayed his welcome while his program slid further and thinking it was going to get better. Walterboro/Colleton County in the glory days were known to play hard nosed defense and a ball control rushing attack. Coach got away from what he does best and goes to a spread offense in 2003. What followed was 8 losing seasons, only one winning season, and missing the playoffs his last four years.

It's time for change. He's been here 32 years and done a lot for Conway as a coach and AD but the ride is over. Community support is at an all time low. Booster club funds at all time low. Many longtime supporters of the program haven't been or supported in several years. I hate that it's come to this but the program might just be the worst in 4a now. It's just gone too far for coach to turn it around and we need a new attitude and direction. I can tell you right now that as soon as Coach Jordan retires many fans will be back in the stands supporting. I know because I've heard it for several years. The only ones going now are diehards and know that a change needs to be made but won't say anything to the ones that matter. They just grumble in the stands and on the streets hoping Coach will retire and move on but I know of many that have had all they can take. Enough is enough and the letters and phone calls to the principal and school board will be coming. I just hope Coach does the right thing on his own and it doesn't get ugly.

He's not going anywhere unless they force him out you talking about one hard headed man!!

Hard headed is what's got him and the program in the shape it's in now. Bad coaching hires and strength coach hires have been the straw that broke the camels back. I'm afraid it's going to get ugly. When your defense gives up 35 points per game for 6 straight years and you don't make a change then your not doing your job. If the principal and school board don't do something this year then they not doing their job.

Originally posted by conwaytigerfilm:
You're dang right I'm a conway fan. We lost. Fine. I'll give you that. We had opportunities but didn't capitalize. The defending state champions letting a team like that is embarrassing and I'll take that to my grave. Take it how you want it. Oh and it's kind of bad when the sun news gets a picture if the seahawks cheating and plasters it on the front page. Was there a call on that play? Nope.thats where I'll leave it
Yeah, you lost. You lost to both a good 3A school and an "embarrassing" 4A school from your region. And "yes", leaving it at that would probably be the best thing after back to back 2-9 seasons and a loss to Carolina Forest in region play.

You think you're something don't ya jimbob? You're not. You sound like a bandwagon fan. History lesson; who walked into the backyard at conway high school ranked #10 in the country? And did said team walk away with a win?

To all the posts about coach Jordan, it has been a rough few years under coach Jordan. Playing tough teams like Hartsville and Marlboro county doesn't help. I'm at every practice and I can honestly say that as much as he prepares them for Friday nights, he prepares them for life as well. He hasn't had the best of luck on the field but we shouldn't lose track of what really matters; developing boys to be eventual men. And I firmly believe that he is doing that. He will more than likely leave on his own accord. I, for one, would be devastated to see him go. He's one of my good friends. I wouldn't want to work for anyone but him.

All of that true and important. Bottom line is you have to win at football. It's the revenue sport and losing puts no butts in the seats and you don't have the other non revenue sports. I've defended coach against his haters for years but it's got yo the point that the program and community need change. I know he wants to turn it around and leave on a high note but I believe he's let it get too far gone to win big again. He doesn't have the support to get it done.

Jordan would never pass a kid who is not making the grade!!! You get bad grades....you watch others play. It's now his turn......to watch someone else coach!

Numbers do not lie, and this is another case where pride, hard headed, and stubborn are making the team trend downward. At some point, when does it become about the KIDS that play for Conway, and what type of coaching they're getting, and less about a coach that is near retirement and doesn't want to realize that. There is another career that teaches kids about life lessons, It's called the FCA. Hartsville is a prime example of the scenario you are in now. They seemed to have made it through.

I don't want Coach Jordan to get hurt and I know he's frustrated at the condition of the program. I've always said I wanted him to retire before things got to bad so he could be honored properly for his accomplishments and then pass the baton to the next man. If it don't happen now that scenario maybe out the window and that would be ashame. My suggestion would be for coach to retire and the first home game next year have a ceremony to name the field after him. Chuck Jordan field at E. Craig Wall JR. memorial stadium.

32 years? That's a long time at one program.

I don't know much about Conway, except their win/loss record. Do they have a good feeder program? Are the B team and JV kids developing? Is their a good strength and conditioning program in place?

If you look at the better teams in AAAA, they all have an established feeder program, good S&C, and are fundamentally sound when the kids step up to the varsity level. They may have one losing season, but they all seem to bounce back the following year. Better teams reload, not rebuild.

Not saying Conway doesn't do this, but 5 losing seasons out of the last six years, no playoff wins and losing last three games of the season giving up 41, 40 and 35 points doesn't look promising.

Jordon and conwaytigerfilm have brought more to the table than winning.
Loyalty is Blind

Originally posted by conwaytigerfilm:
I'm at every practice and I can honestly say that as much as he prepares them for Friday nights, he prepares them for life as well. He hasn't had the best of luck on the field but we shouldn't lose track of what really matters; developing boys to be eventual men. And I firmly believe that he is doing that. He will more than likely leave on his own accord. I, for one, would be devastated to see him go. He's one of my good friends. I wouldn't want to work for anyone but him.

2767062.jpg

B teams and JV usually win. Some quit and never play varsity for various reasons but the weight room issues got them behind on the varsity level.

Maybe so but his dad played for MB. That's the least of our worries. Get change and start winning again and we won't have to worry about that.

Nobody in the stands this year and more of them will not come back next year. Money talks
This post was edited on 11/11 1:21 PM by Conwaycock68

It's not like he came to an elite program an ran it into the ground. Conway fans are spoiled and want to get rid of the one who spoiled them. He won't go anywhere anytime soon

He probably will. His grandfather played at MB. Everyone appreciates what coach Jordan has done but it's time to give it up. It's just about him, it's the kids, community, and fans. In the real world you are paid to do a job and if you not doing your job right you lose it. Nobody wants to hurt him and I respect him but I along with many others are losing that the longer he waits. He's let the program get in the shape it's in and I know he's trying to turn it around but its too far gone. It will take a new staff and new excitement to get it turned around. You can say all you want about he's not going anywhere but it's not his decision. People have been patient for 6 years and haven't bailed on him but they're not going to continue to support the program like it is. Fans in the stands is money and money talks.

The Conway Tigers, they are the team that is the most proud about finishing in second place!!! They even have a sign up displaying that they have finished RUNNERS UP multiple times! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you really think Mickey would go over to Conway with all that turmoil. He can not be the AD, so there is no way to pay him more than he is making at Myrtle Beach. Plus Myrtle Beach has the best Booster Club and finances except for maybe Byrnes, and he does not want to live where he coaches. Remember Mickey may have graduated from Conway but he is from Kentucky so there is no real loyalty there, like if he grew up there. Mickey is the king of the hill at Myrtle Beach and he would never want to be in Jordans shadow, Mickey likes winning State Champions not coming in 2nd place!!!!!

I have heard from several sources that he would come. I know all about Mickey and knew his father when I was in high school. He was the boys basketball coach. I wouldn't say never. If he's not interested then we will have plenty of interest.

Originally posted by Mbhawks4life:
After Brian Edwards transfers what are you going to do them?????????????????????????
if it make you feel better about yourself and your program.........go for it!!!!

You are right if Conway offered Mickey a ridiculous amount of money i am sure he would consider it. But with Conway "F" Rating and the limited resources i highly doubt that he would ever even consider. Only a big time program like Byrnes or one of the Lexington County Schools that can pay over 100k actually scare me. Hell a college job may come calling one day, but i know for a fact that Mickey does not want to be an AD at this point in his career, so i believe Myrtle Beach and the talent that he has coming up will keep him here. Mark my words there is a 7th grader coming that will be the mostly highly recruited player from this area in a long time, and Mickey ain't leaving before that kid comes thru!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT